Status: finished. Wish me luck

(I'll Love You) Forever and Always

1/2

Image

"Mark, are you sure that doing this is safe for you and the guys? How long are you all staying at Ridgewood Point again?" I asked nervously as I watched my boyfriend check his camping bag for the third time before he and his friends headed out at 4 in morning.

They had all decided that since Ethan was about to get married to his high school sweetheart that they should all celebrate by doing something on Ethan's lists of "Things to Do Before I'm Married". They of course had to pick the one that, if they weren't careful enough, could get them killed. Mark turned to look at me and as he did I saw in his hazel eyes a love that could know no bounds.

"Hey guys, why don't you go on ahead and load up the car. I wanna say goodbye to my girlfriend real quick." he said as he had faced our friends that were on my left, his right, side of our apartment.

Sure were heard from everyone as they each grabbed something and walked out the door, which they left opened, where I could see the dawning colors the days' morning sun shine over the trees and houses as some of the birds started their morning flights.

"Ellina..." I heard my name called and turned back to looking at Mark who for some reason was on one of his knees. To say that I would be surprised was an understatement. "I was actually hoping to do this after we got back from the trip, but something in my heart told me that this was the right time. So here it goes." Mark said and after finishing, he took at deep breath to calm his nerves.

"Um, Mark what are you doing?" I asked as joy, nervousness, and wonder all some how crept into my voice.

"Ellina-May Marie Matthews; will you marry me?"


To think that happened three weeks ago, before it happened. Before I was told that my new fiance's cable to his rock climbing gear had snapped; taking him down forty feet to the ground, killing him instantly. To think that I'll never be able to hear him say before we both succumbed to the calls of sleep I'll love you; forever and always. To think I'll never be able to hear anyone say "Good morning Mrs. Ingle".

So I had decided that day that I was going to visit the site where he took his last breath, wherehis,our my, friends somehow found him and heard him say with his last dying breath "Elly-May, I'll love you forever and always." It was actually a perfect day to do this as I looked up to the pure white clouds that were floating way beyond my reach.

At first, I couldn't do this because I knew in my heart that I would miss him too much, that I would start crying and would never seem to want to stop. I knew, however, that my heart and soul needed this more than want my mind was telling me.

I had stayed there looking at the scenery for about fifteen to twenty minutes before I decided to head back toour my, apartment where there were still boxes that needed to be filled before the movers came. I had decided that it would be too hard for me to remain living there; what with all the memories of Mark and I shared.

"I'll love you; forever and always Mark, no matter what" I quietly said to the sky as I got up from my spot and dusted off my green shorts with black leggings. As I started heading towards where I had parked my car, I felt a small gust of wind pick up around me; it almost felt like someone was touching, or at least trying to, my arms. The weirdest thing about this gust of wind however is that it quietly whispered into my ear...

"I'll love you; forever and always Elly-May.

And right then and there I let all the tears that I had held back since that day, since the one person who held my heart be taken away from me, gently flow down my face as I reached with both of my bare hands and cup my face; not caring who or what saw me as I crashed down onto the green grass, in a fetal position, and stayed that way for another fifteen minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Credit goes where credits due. Not sure if Ridgewood Point is actually real, but if it is; credit to whoever owns it. Same goes for the picture. Everything else is mine; so please don't steal if you value your "parts".