Something Vague.

It's the world we lost.

“Aren’t you supposed to be doing work?”

“Aren’t you?” I asked looking over at her with a grin; she rolled her eyes knowing I got her.

“That’s what I thought.”

“Whose stupid idea was it to playing hooky from our responsibilities?”

“You, like always”, I said pushing our laced hands up with a laugh.

“Oh right.”

I just laughed looking over at her, the sunglasses covering most of her face as we walked through the park. Her hand in mine, fingers laced equaled to one of the most amazing times. We walked around the sprinklers that were going off, moving out of the way so we would get wet. She looked over at me with a smile on her face before letting go of my hand and running out into them.

“Carly, come on!”

I just watched her jump around laughing, running around with her hands up in the air. She looked over at me dripping wet with the biggest smile on her face. I watched her run in my direction; scared that she was going to get me wet I backed away.

“Come on John!”

“Nah, I’m good. I don’t really feel like getting sick today.”

“Live a little.”

She looked into my eyes and that’s when I melted. I let her pull me into the water, fully clothed. I knew I was going to regret this later. She jumped on top of me as she pulled me through the reign of terror. I blocked the harsh sprinklers feeling pain as it hit against my skin. I held on to her waist as I picked her small frame up in the sky. I couldn’t help but to smile at her laughs. We spun around as she sang at the top of her lungs. She ran into my chest wrapping her arms around my neck, standing on her tippy toes to be able to reach. I held on to her waist holding her in place. I felt her hands run through my hair messing with it; she loved fucking with my hair. That’s when she looked into my eyes and I lost it, I leaned in and kissed her. Which she gladly accepted by deepening in the kiss, I loved every single minute of the kiss. I tilted my face to the side feeling her lips against mine. I placed my hand on her neck loving the feeling of her tongue against mine. Feeling her body pressed against mine. She pulled away from my lips leaving me breathless; she gave me a small peck
before lying down on the glass. The sprinklers going at full speed but I could really care less as I lay next to her.

“Do you believe in God?” she asked looking up into the sky.

“Yeah, I guess so. I’ve never really been super religious. My parents are, well kind of but they never threw their beliefs on me”, I said looking over at her. “More of a reason why I respect them. Do you believe in God?”

“I believe in God, but I’m really not that religious. I don’t go to church nor do I pray”, she said looking straight up into the sky. “I think people are confused about heaven and hell. To me heaven is everywhere and when you die you're just reborn someone else. But if you were to commit a really bad sin such as killing someone or was just all in all a very shitty person you just die. You don’t come back, that’s hell to me.”

“That’s an interesting way of seeing things”, I said looking over at her grabbing her hand but letting our hands rest on the wet grass. “Are you parents very religious?”

“Not really.”

“I see.”

“Tell me about your parents?”

I looked over at her kind of thrown off but I was happy to talk to her in hopes that she would do the same and open up to me.

“My parents are amazing, my Mom’s super chill and so is my Dad. But they’re always on my ass and I never get away with shit. They know when I’m lying, apparently I’m a horrible liar”, I said with a laugh.

“You get along with your parents?”

“I mean as much as a teenage boy could, it was rough back when I was a younger. I was kind of a pain, still kind of am. But I was so much worse when I was younger”, I said making her laugh.

“How so?”

“I was kind of a fuck up.”

She looked over at me waiting for me to go on. I took a deep breath kind of embarrassed to open up to this girl.

“Freshman year of college, I kind of fucked up. Well I really fucked up, failed a couple of my classes. I would rather go out and drink and not go to class than go to class. I came home one day and the look on my Dad’s face was enough to fucking make me cry. We had a talk, he was always supportive but he said that he was disappointed and I ended up crying like I’ve never cried before.”

“Awwwh”, she said rolling over on her side not caring that her ass was being shot by sprinklers. “Was your Dad really strict when it came to school?”

“No, not really. He always told me that I was a smart kid, I mean I like to think I’m intelligent the only problem with me is that I do enough to slide by.”

“I know how that is”, she said with a laugh.

“What about your parents?”

That’s when she stiffened up, I was expecting her to just build that wall and completely shoot me down with a “they were normal parents” like from what she’s told me over and over again.

“My parents are really strict, like really strict”, she said with an uncomfortable laugh. “I’m the oldest of three. There’s my brother Jason, he’s only a year younger than me but he’s that first born son. So you know how that goes. I was the princess until my younger sister Paige was born 6 years later and then I sort of became invisible.”

“What do you mean?”

“They never really paid much attention to me unless we were at the dinner table and I was saying something but even then I still felt kind of invisible. But the only time I got full attention was when I need to be told the rules. Those fucking rules were enough to make anyone go fucking crazy. I was the first born so I’m that child that needed to be on the straight and narrow but I was always questioning them and their rules so that’s why I got a lot of shit”, she said with a sigh. “So I left and lived a life full of no rules. When I was thirteen my Dad’s job moved us to Massachusetts but once I turned 18 I was out of there. I graduated high school and that’s all I needed. I wanted to see the world so I did. Well as much as I could.”

That’s when I took it on myself to lean in and kiss her lips. I felt her hands move from my chest up to my face kissing me. We just laid there in the wet grass talking; I was slowly taking one brick at a time down from this big brick wall that she build around herself.

“I had a lot of fun today”, she said as we stood there in front of her door.

“Me too”, I said leaning in and kissing her.

“Call me tomorrow?” she asked in between kisses.

“Of course.”

I gave her one last kiss before walking back to my house, my clothes still slightly soaked. Once I opened the door and I saw the guy’s looks I knew I was in trouble.

“What the fuck John?!”

“Where the fuck were you?”

“I went out with Carly”, I said with an annoyed look on my face, I wasn’t in the mood to be yelled at.

“So you pick Carly over going to the studio. We had to lie to Howard and say that you were sick when you just decided to go out with Carly”, Pat said getting mad.

The thing about Pat, he was always strictly business when he had to be. He was more serious about all this than all of us.

“Dude it was one day.”

“That’s why you haven’t had shit. Haven’t written shit, you just hang out with Carly.”

“Yo! Seriously get off my ass; I’ve had one of the best days in a long ass time. Just don’t fucking kill it.”

“John you need to get your shit together man”, Jared said walking up to me. “I know you like Carly, we all love the girl. But she’s just a girl; once we leave she’s just going to end up some girl.”

“Do you really think you’re going to end up dating this girl after we leave California?” Garrett asked with an annoyed look on his face.

“Why wouldn’t we?”

“Dude you don’t have the best track record”, Kenny said kind of pissing me off. “I mean what girl is going to want to be with someone who’s in a band. Who’s touring non-stop? And who doesn’t even live in the same home state. Like think about it man.”

“Whatever guys”, I said putting up my hand calming down; I didn’t want to yell at them when I was the one who fucked up.

I got in my room stripping out of my clothes and laying down on the bed. I looked over seeing Carly standing there with a smile on her face. I was in love with this girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
She finally opened up!
What do you think about Carly? She has to be one of my favorite character's in my stories.
What do you think about John and his whole situation? Do you think he's fucking up?

Thank you all for reading, you guys are amazing.
Especially these people!

DanielleOhhhh
HarryPotterFreakie
punkstar102
C-u-on-the-Flipside
youleftme.
InvincibleZebra
zackyVplz
somebody_who_cares


Tell me what you think, feedback would be amazing! (: