Something Vague.

It's the world we lost.

“So you know absolutely nothing about our hot neighbor?”

“I know her name and that she has to be from England”, I said taking a sip or my water looking over at Garrett. “And she asks a lot of questions.”

“Ask her questions man!”

“It’s hard to ask her questions when she’s the one with all of them.”

He just laughed looking down at his phone texting away his ex girlfriend like always. I grabbed my water taking another swig. I looked over at Jared and Pat playing some Xbox while Kennedy was glued to the computer. Tim and Max were off doing some shit for the band leaving us on our own. That never went well.

“And look whose home!”

I followed Kennedy’s stare out the window. I watched him look out the window finally taking his eyes off of the computer. I got off of the couch and looked out the window to see Carly getting out her car, that’s when I saw her dressed up in a bright blue dress. I couldn’t but to smile as she stumbled on her Cinderella dress making me laugh. I watched her drag the dress looking annoyed as she walked up her lawn.

“Hey boys!”

“Can she see us?” Kennedy asked with a laugh looking over at me.

“Yes I can”, she said with a laugh walking straight into her house.

“Apparently she could hear us too.”

“Well you guys are so fucking loud”, Jared said without looking from the television set.

“Yeah, she probably thinks were some kind of creeps”, Pat said with a laugh messing with his hair. “Well except me, I don’t stare at her change like John.”

“Shut up”, I said rolling my eyes.

I hit Kennedy’s head as he laughed at them all making fun of me. I took my seat next to Garrett watching as he read his stupid comics. I looked over at the flesh eating zombie, the look of pure enjoyment on Garrett’s face. I was getting bored of this place, we weren’t allowed to go back to the studio until we had some material and well I was shot out of ideas. The creative flow had fun dry. Finally I got up and walked to my room and threw myself on my bed. Just sitting there in silence, the only sound that could be heard was the sound of my phone vibrating and the loud yells coming from Jared and Pat. I tried my hardest to block everyone out and block out my thoughts, trying my hardest to get any sort of inspiration but nothing. That’s when my thoughts were brought to Carly. Her porcelain like skin and the adorable dimples that indented when she smiled; the way she laughed and her cute accent. She was a complete mystery to me and I just wanted to get to know her more.

“Fuck it.”

I stood up from my bed and walked out of my room. I don’t know why I’ve been such a pussy when it comes to this girl. I’ve never been so shy around people, girls especially.

“Where are you going?”

“Out”, I said simply before walking out the front door.

I could feel them all staring at me from the window. I walked straight up to door bring my hand up and knocking softly. I waited for a few seconds looking over at the guys all giving me a thumbs up from the window. I felt awkward standing here knowing they all were watching me. Finally the door opened and there she stood in a snuggie and a smile.

“Oh hello John.”

“Hey, were you busy?”

“Nah, I was just reading.” She said with a smile. “So what’s up?”

“Did you want to go and have dinner or do something? I feel like if I stay in that house one more day I’m going to go all Jack Nickleson in the Shinning on their ass.”

“We don’t want that don’t we”, she said with a laugh. “Come in.”

She moved to the side letting me in before shutting the door. I stood there hands in my pockets as she removed the snuggie, I just wished she kept going with the taking off the clothes.

“So where would you like to go?”

“I don’t really know my way around here so anywhere.”

“So that mean’s I’m driving.”

“Well I can drive, unless you want to be in that van that smells like ass.”

“My car it is”, she said with a smile grabbing a coat off her couch. “Ready?”

“Yes.”

We walked out to her car, I could see the guys all staring over at us as she drove off. I looked over at her and watched as her smile turned into a smirk.

“Did the guys bet you to take out the weird girl on a date?” she asked looking over at me and then looking towards the weird. “Don’t you dare pull a She’s all that on my ass.”

“I’m not”, I said with a laugh and slightly thrown off from her comment. “Like I said I was bored and I didn’t feel like going to prison for life, for accidently murdering my friends.”

“Then why were they all staring from the window.”

“Their weird”, I said looking over at her. “More than you.”

She just laughed and continued to drive off. We ended up at a small bar like place; I looked over at her confused as to why she brought me here.

“They make a mean plate of chicken tenders.”

I just laughed at how weird this girl was before walking in with her. We took our seat and I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her. I wanted to know more about this girl.

“I don’t know anything about you, all I know is your name and that you’re my neighbor.”

“That’s really all you need to know”, she said taking a sip of her tea.

“Favorite movie?"

“Penelope.”

“The one about the girl with the pig nose?”

“Yes, I love that movie”, she said with an annoyed look on her face watching me drink my beer. “It is about far more than just that one with girl the pig nose.”

“Well since I have no life recently I’ll watch it.”

“Good thinking, because if you wouldn’t have said that I would have forced you to watch the movie over and over again.”

“Where are you from?”

“My mother’s vagina.”

“Carly.”

“Okay, fine if you must know I was born and raised in London. Moved to America when I was about 13, my Father was offered a better job so we all came.”

“Who’s all?”

“When did you start the band?”

“When I was in college, so late 2006.”

That’s what we continued doing, asking questions. The only problem was her answers always became so vague that I gave up. After we ate our food she took me to her favorite spot. We ended on some cliff like place that was overlooking the ocean. We sat there silence before she looked over at me.

“I come here sometimes to clear my mind.”

“It’s really beautiful here.”

She looked over at me with a smirk; I gave her a questioning look as she laughed. “You’re such a girl you know that.”

“I’ve actually never been told that.”

“Well you kind of are, come on.”

I watched her stood up and lifted her shirt off of her head. I looked over her body, my mouth watering at the sight. The sun was setting making the sky look a beautiful mixture of colors.

“What are you doing?”

“Don’t you mean what we’re doing?”

“I’m not following”, I said as she slipped out of her shoes and jeans. “Not that I’m not enjoying this view but why are you getting naked where people can see.”

“We’re jumping.”

I looked over at her like she was crazy, she might just be. I looked over at the sign in clear view that said no jumping written in red. I looked over the cliff, it wasn’t that high of a distance from the top to the water but high enough to get hurt.

“No were not, I would love to do this whole suicide pack with you but I love my life.”

“What life?”

“The life I’m living.”

She walked over to me; the look on her face would make me do anything. She reached over to my chest unbuttoning the buttons on my shirt without her eyes leaving mine. I felt her hands on my belt tugging at them a bit. I wish she was doing this in a more private setting and we weren’t about to die from jumping off of a cliff. I stripped down in just my boxers, she gave me a smile.

“Boxers?”

“Yes, it was a boxer day.”

“Sexy”, she said with a laugh walking over to the edge.

I looked at her small underwear and matching bra as she stood there looking over the edge. I walked over to where she was standing there, looking over the edge to my doom. She grabbed my hand with a smile; I couldn’t help but to give her a smile back.

“Is this safe?”

“I don’t know.”

“Well haven’t you done this before?”

“Nope.”

And with that we jumped. I couldn’t describe what I was feeling on my way down. A mixture of fear and exuberance on the way down. Once my body hit the cold water, my body went through this sudden shock. I resurfaced and so did Carly with a smile on her face. Her body moving into mine as she wrapped her arms around my neck with a smile.

“I have a secret”, she said as I stared off at her. “I can’t swim.”

“You’re crazy”, I said as she held on to me tighter.

Our eyes burning into each other as our lips were merely an inch away. I wish I had the balls to just lean in and take her lips into mine, but I just stared hoping she was going to make the move. Right when I was about to lean in the splash the salty water in my face.

“Hey you guys down there!”

“Oh shit, swim!”
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think?
Let me know.

Thank you so much for reading, means so much to me!
Special thanks to:
itsahit
youleftme.
HarryPotterFreakie
C-u-on-the-Flipside
jrichswrstnghtmr
AlmostLovelyDisaster