Something Vague.

The world we know,

“I really hate these interviews.”

“John is always so awkward”, Max said looking back at me with a laugh.

“Well shit when a girl asks “what’s it like being in a band with good looking guys and how many orgies do we have a month” I think I’m allowed to be a little awkward”, I said as everyone laughed.

“God, what is up those questions? I got asked “what’s it really like it party with JohnO?” and I didn’t know how to answer that”, Jared said with a laugh.

“I was completely comfortable with my interview.”

I looked over at Garrett who was just smiling. Of course he was comfortable with the questions; he answers every single one of them with a joke. Garrett was really comfortable with people, as well as Kennedy and Jared. Pat was always a ham in front of people but I’m really uncomfortable with the whole interviewing thing. But once I hit that stage it was a total different story. My confidence has definitely grown since we first started.

“I just hate the attention”, I said in all honesty.

We stepped out of the van, all jumping out excited to just chill. Nonstop interviews and in store shows was getting us beat. I looked over at Carly getting out of her car; she looked in our direction but then kept walking inside her house.

“You love the attention Ms. Carly gives you.”

“Or the lack of attention”, Garrett said with a laugh looking over at Carly slamming the door.

They just laughed at me as I walked into my room grabbing the swim trunks that were hanging out my bag. I placed them on along with the white v neck that was there. I slipped on my flip flops before walking back out to the living.

“Where the fuck are you going?”

“He decided to finally quit the band and become a lifeguard”, Pat said with grin thinking he was the funniest person on the earth.

“Like that’s a bad job Patrick, I mean come on Baywatch!”

“Mouth to mouth with hot girls”, Tim said finishing Jared’s frame of thought.

“Dumb girls that drown what a great job”, Garrett said looking up from his comic on his lap.

“Bye guys.”

I didn’t answer their questions as I walked across the lawn to Carly’s house. Carly’s skill on not answering questions had rubbed off on me. I could feel all the guys’ eyes on me as I knocked lightly on the door. I didn’t get an answer so I rang the doorbell. The sounds of the Mexican hat dance echoing in the house. I shook my head at how weird that was, but once the door opened a grin formed on my face.

“Uh hello John.”

“Hey Carly, so I was thinking-“

“You got o be careful with that thinking business.”

“Anyways, since I was rudely interrupted by your hilarious statement”, I said making her laugh. “I was thinking I should teach you how to swim.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes, now step aside.”

She moved out of the way letting me inside of the house. I looked around at the green walls, her house was always changing. I heard the door slam and could feel her glaring at the back of my head.

“Are you certified to teach me how to swim?”

“Yes, yes I am. Now go get that swimming suit on and meet me outside. I figured since you have a pool we’d do it here.”

“Do it?”

“Yes”, I said feeling my cheeks turn red. “Swimming.”

She just laughed before walking up the stairs. I stood there snooping around her house, squinting to see anything. I walked over to the picture frame sitting on her coffee table, seeing a picture of what I’m guessing was her family. I could see her standing there hugging a boy who looked older than her, but anyone could look older than that small girl. I looked over at the younger girl that was being held by a man and woman who shared the same beautiful eyes as Carly.

“I’m ready to be taught the ways of the fish.”

I turned around and saw her standing there in a small bikini. Her body making my mouth water at the sight. My eyes wondered from her small feet, up her long toned legs. I looked up her pale skin and my eyes resting on her chest.

“Do I look that bad?”

I couldn’t compose any words so I just shook my head rather fast. I watched her eyebrows furry together and her hand rested on her lap.

“I really hate people that lie. If I look bad just tell me.”

“You don’t look bad.”

“Whatever”, she said rolling her eyes and walking outside.

I followed her out back, the warm California sun shining down on us. It was a tad bit chilly, way colder than what it would be back home. I pulled out the floaties that I threw over from the backyard and the noodles that were rested on the grass. She looked over at me with a strange look on her face.

“Gotta have the precautions”, I said with a smirk throwing the blue noodle into the pool.

“I’m sure.”

I pulled off my shirt throwing it on the floor next to my sandals. I watched her look me over, he eyes looking over my body almost as though she was judging me. I suddenly became very uneasy and shy. This girl has that effect on me. I jumped into the pool, not caring about the coldness. Once my body hit the freezing water, sending chills all over my body making me shiver in pain. I looked over watching her step from the shallow water going one step at a time.

“Don’t be a pussy!”

“Don’t make me fucking kill you.”

“You’re the one walking into your doom.”

She just rolled her eyes before walking into the pool lifting her arms up. She dunked her body into the water before peeking her head up. At this image alone I could have came. I watched the water dripping off of her blond hair to her chest. I suddenly started to get very excited wanting her to strip down.

“Come here”, I said finding my voice.

She shook her head and stood still. I was standing in the deep end, the deep end being 6 feet. I watched as her small frame stayed in the three feet with a scared look on her face.

“You come here big boy”, she said with a husky tone to her voice making me laugh.

I dove under water kicking the side of the wall to give me power to push myself to her. I opened my eyes under the blue water seeing her body standing there under the water. I loved her legs. I popped up from the water standing right in front of her. She gave me a look, a look that was telling me that if I let her drown I was going to be dickless.

“Come on”, I said grabbing her hand and pulling her closer to the deeper end.

“You better not let me drown or I will kill you.”

“You can trust me.”

I pulled her but once her feet didn’t touch the ground she wrapped her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. Her breathing had become shallow as she held on to me with dear life. Once I got to the 5 feet she still held on scared that I was going to let go, almost as though she could read minds.

“I’m going to let you go.”

“No, don’t”

“Come on, you weren’t scared when you were in the ocean.”

“That’s different; pools scare the shit out of me.”

I gave her a confused look; I mean oceans are far scarier than a fucking 6 foot pool. This girl was strange but I loved the feeling of her body against mine.

“Come on Carlton, I’m going to let go.”

Once I let her go she stood there doggy paddle herself up, looking adorable as can be. I moved back hoping she would follow at her own slow pace. Once she got to the deep end I saw the exhaustion on her face before she stopped moving around and just sunk. I watched her go under the water staying, almost like she was sitting on the bottom floor. Panic rose in me before I dove under the water pulling the girl up to the surface. She clung onto my body, locking her legs around me. Her breathing out of control, I just watched until it was calm.

“Why the fuck did you just sit there?”

She just shrugged before placing her head on my shoulder calming her breathing. She pulled away looking into my eyes. Her eyes looking bluer than I have ever seen, as she stared into mine.

“Do I have to give you mouth to mouth?” I asked with a smirk more calm than I was 5 minutes ago.

“Shut up.”

“What the fuck was that all about?” I asked as she looked like she was holding back something from me.

“Please don’t let me go again.”

“I won’t”, I said moving my legs around as she held onto me, and he legs rewrapping them around me. “Now tell me what’s up with this phobia of swimming pools.”

“It’s going to sound really weird, okay?”

“Everything about you is weird, but goes on”, I said seeing her face go serious in a second at my smirk.

“Well um when I was about six years old my dad found it completely unacceptable that his daughter couldn't swim when it was what he did for a living. So while we were at my grandfather's pool, he told me he was going to teach me how kids should be taught. So he picked me up and said he was going to throw me in and not help me.” She took a breath of air before looking into my eyes asking if she should continue. I pushed the wet hair sticking to her face before nodding my head to acknowledge that I was listening.

“I had to figure out how to get out myself. A.k.a learn to swim. And I didn't believe he would do something like that because I would drown, you know. I was so young and I was just curious, but he tossed me into the pool and I sunk straight to the bottom and just sat there. But I didn't know what to do, so my nose just naturally breathed in and I inhaled all this water. I guess my dad jumped in to get me when he saw all the bubbles from coughing.”

I just nodded knowing that this moment was a big one. Knowing that for as long as I known this girl she has never said anything to me that was remotely personal than this.

“He said that wasn't good enough and tossed me in again and again and again and again, but I just couldn't wrap my head around it. My arms freaked out and I kicked my legs like he said, but I just didn't go anywhere. And I was so afraid to learn that I just never tried again.”

“Wow.”

“Just don’t say anything.”

“It’s okay Carly”, I said with a reassuring smile. “My Dad did the same shit when I was younger when he tried to teach me how to ride a bike. He kept pushing me and I would fall and cry but he’d keep doing it”, I said making her smile up at me.

“Needless to say I’m a pro BMX ride.”

“Are you really?” she asked with a smirk.

“Nah, not really; but I can ride a mean bike”, I said with a laugh making her giggle along with me.

Our laughs died down and she looked into my eyes. I felt her hands push back the hair that was stuck to my face and then go down my chest. My breathing got stuck in my throat, I couldn’t think or concentrate on anything else but where her hand was.

“I never told anyone that story.”

“Well I feel special, because it takes a lot to get shit out of you”, I said making her nod her head in agreement.

“There’s something about you John”, she said wrapping her arms around my neck. “You’re different.”

She looked me in the eye and I got this feeling in my stomach. This feeling telling me to do it. To kiss her, all I wanted to do was taste those lips. She gave me a smile before messing with my hair and pushing away from me.

“Now teach me!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally she opens up!
This is a big stepping stone in the Carly John relationship.
Thank you all for reading.

Tell me what you think (: