Something Vague.

It's the world we lost.

Looking down at the blank sheet of paper in front of me, staring at the lines going from left to right, right to left just depending how you looked at it; was starting to frustrate me. I could start to feel myself tense and my head pounding with frustration. Writers block is one of the most frustrating things I have ever experienced in my life. I’ve never suffered such a bad case of it then I’m suffering from right now. Tapping my pen to the beat that was playing at a very low volume in the background, but everything sounded louder when you were trying to concentrate. Ryan Adams playing in the background as jealously built up in me. I wish I was as talented as him, I wish I could write the lyrics he wrote.

“Fuck”, I said looking down at the blank piece of paper in front of me.

I looked up from the blank paper haunting me to the open window and the empty room. I wish she was there so I could have something else to concentrate, something else to calm me.

“Hey man.”

I was brought out of my thoughts to see Tim standing there looking down at me. I saw Jared standing there right next to him looking down at me curious.

“Yo”, I said faking a smile, trying my hardest to throw back the anger and frustration.

“We’re gonna go out to some Mexican bar to eat and have some drinks. Down to come?”

“Nah, I’m going to stay here and try and work some magic out of my ass.”

“Your ass is magical”, Jared said trying to lighten the mood.

“So I’ve been told”, I said with a laugh.

“I’ll bring you a doggy bag.”

“All I ask for.”

“And a mojito to go!”

They just laughed before walking out of my room. I leaned back in the chair shuffling through the songs that were on my iPod. I heard the door being slammed and Mexican yells being yelled from outside. I just shook my head with a laugh before staring at the speakers with a glare. I thought back to the day at Denny’s and how Carly said to make up some story, so that’s what I did.

“This is bullshit!”

I ripped out the piece of paper and threw it at the trash along with the other balled up papers. I threw my head back rolling it around hearing the cracks with every roll. I closed my eyes singing along to Tom Petty playing in the background.

“Baby, time meant nothing, anything seemed real. Yeah, you could kiss like fire and you made me feel. Like every word you said was meant to be. No, it couldn’t have been that easy to forget about me. Baby, even the losers get lucky sometimes. Even the losers keep a little bit of pride. They get lucky sometimes” I sang along to Tom petty feeling my spirits build up and a smile brought to my lips thinking about Carly.

Once my eyes were opened it was met with the sight of that beautiful girl. There she stood with another stray dog wrapped in her arms. I watched her place the puppy on the floor earning a bark from the dog in which Carly gladly responded with another. I watched her dance her way to the stereo turning on some salsa music as she danced circles around the dog. I watched the other puppies running into the living room, all with little outfits that she made for them. I watched her dance along with the dogs bring a smile to my face.

“She’s so weird”, I said with a laugh watching her bark back at the dogs, a smile never fading her face.

I watched her walk to the kitchen still dancing along to whatever was being played on the speakers. I looked down at the blank piece of paper. My eyes averted back up as I watched her walking up the stairs and into her room. I watched from a distance hoping she wouldn’t see me, like some creepy guy watching in the shadows. I watched her strip off her clothes, still dancing along to the music being played. I grabbed the pen and placed it against the blank paper writing out whatever was coming to mind. A smile brought to my face looking over at this girl dancing to horrible music with no care in the world.

“You can rough me up. You can break me down. Baby don't stop now. You can use me up till it all runs out baby don't stop now. Baby don't stop now”, I sang to the beat of a Tom Petty song.

“So u can lock me up, yeah baby throw away that key. Because all I know is that this is where I wanna be.”

I looked down at the newly full piece of paper, a smile on my face as my eyes averted to the beautiful girl next door. Suddenly my writer’s block was done with and words were seeking through my brain nonstop. The only thing on my mind was Carly and this feeling I got when I was around her.

“It was your world baby and I just lived in it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a small filler (:

What do you guys think?
What do you think of Carly? And John's almost obsession with the girl? (;

Thank you all for the feedback means a lot to me (:
Special thanks to my loves
DanielleOhhhh
itsahit
HarryPotterFreakie
C-u-on-the-Flipside