Sequel: Bad Blood
Status: Complete! Sequel Up Soon!

Love Shows When It's There

Ross’ POV

There was a new kid in the street. Mr. and Mrs. Di’Angelo had adopted him. He was quite cute, but he had a constant frown. He NEVER smiled. You never saw his face move. He always wore Skin-tight Skinny Jeans and a hoodie, and they were always black. I was beginning to think that this kid had had a rough past. He looked only fifteen as well. Poor kid. I planned to get past his rough surface though. He would need a friend.

I told my mom that I was going over to his house to welcome him. She said that was fine. She actually decided to follow me. She had wanted to talk to the Di’Angelo’s and had been looking for an excuse to go over.

I knocked on their front door. The kid opened the door.
“Hey. You must be the person that these lovely people have adopted.” My mom said warmly. He nodded shyly and made a gesture as if to say ‘come on in’. My mom immediately rushed into the living room, leaving me with the kid. He wouldn't look at me. He just stared at the floor.
“I’m Ross.” I stuck my hand out. He shook it lightly. His hand felt extremely soft but it was freezing.
“What’s your name?” I asked him.

Mrs. Di’Angelo came out as I asked him.
“His name’s Alex love. He doesn't talk. Not that he can’t.” She said. “Say Hi Alex.” She said, putting her hand on his shoulder. He jumped.
“Hi.” He whispered. In that tiny fraction of a second, I saw his dazzling white teeth. Then he ran off.
“Don’t worry love. He’s just shy. See if you can get something out of him please. He won’t say more than two or three words but he’s a very polite boy.” She said, pushing me lightly towards the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. So. This is the first chapter. Tell me what you think please. I'm so sorry if it's crap.