Sequel: Bad Blood
Status: Complete! Sequel Up Soon!

Love Shows When It's There

Alex's POV

As the doctor asked questions, I shook more and more. She put her hand on my arm, telling me that she understood, but only someone who'd been through what I had would be able to completely understand. Why did everything bad have to happen to me? Then again, I'd rather it happen to me that Jack, Rian, Zack, Vinny or Matt.

"Okay Mr. Gaskarth, if you want to step into the checkup room, I'll have another doctor come and see you," she told me and lead me into the room before fetching another doctor. Half an hour later, the checkup was complete.
"You're completely clear," he told me. I nodded at him.
"Thanks," I said quietly.
"Alright. Do you want me to get anyone in now? Anyone you wanna see?" he asked me.
"Jack Barakat," I said. I needed my boyfriend.
"Alright. I'll send him in," the doctor told me.
"Thanks," I replied. About thirty seconds later, Jack ran in and pulled me close to him. I hugged him so tightly, I swear I was crushing him. I rested my head on his chest, loosening my arms slightly but still hugging him.
"I'm here," he said, kissing the top of my head.
"I know," I replied, talking normally for the first time. I had been through more, right?

I mean, come on. I had watched my parents die, I had found and lowered my brother into the ground, I'd seen my friends getting further and further away, I'd been broken so many times. Surely, I'd recover from this. I had to. I had support after all. I wasn't alone.
"Lex. You're not alone in this, you know that right? I'm gonna be by your side all the was through this. I promise you," Jack said pulling my face up gently to look me in the eyes.
"I know Jack. I know you're gonna be there," I said, before reaching up and kissing him.

Of coarse, I wasn't over the full thing, but I wasn't gonna push everyone away. That's what I did in every other situation and it got me nowhere. Jack kissed back as soon as my lips touched his, but we kept it strictly lips only. I pulled my arms away from Jack's waist and wrapped them around his neck. We shifted into a more comfortable position, but had to pull away for air.
"I love you Alex. Never forget that, yeah?" he told me.
"I won't. I love you too," I said and smiled, resting my head on his shoulder, knowing that there was nothing to worry about. All of my worries melted away when Jack was there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this is a quick wee chapter for all of my beautiful readers. Thanks to Hot Chelle Rae and Katiemacx14 for commenting. See? It's all getting better :) Thanks everyone for reading. Please comment though, I really would like feedback.

Comment, subscribe, recommend if you enjoy