Sequel: Bad Blood
Status: Complete! Sequel Up Soon!

Love Shows When It's There

Jack's POV

I sat and watched as Alex's face lit up a little more every time he got a comment on his song. There was no doubt that it was gonna be amazing, but I didn't expect that. I could tell that the song he'd just written explained exactly how he felt. It was really sad for him, but honestly, I was happy that he knew he wasn't alone.

Everyone filed out after giving their opinion's, leaving Alex and I alone. I walked over to him slowly, and sat down beside him.
"I'm happy that the music room's coming in handy," I told him. Alex wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his forehead against my shoulder.
"I-I can't do this anymore," he said, weakly. I hugged him back.
"Can't do what?" I asked him softly, running my hand through his hair and playing with it.
"Faking a smile, hiding tears, staying strong. I can't do it. I've gone through enough as it is. What happened in school... Jack, I dunno if I can go back there. If I'm terrified here, what'll school be like?" he asked, tearing up.
"School's gonna be the exact same Lex. You'll be okay. And you can do it. Like you said, you've been through a lot, but you're not alone. You'll never be alone. I'm not gonna leave your side. You've got me, Matt, Vinny, Zack and Chelle. You'll never be alone. Not for one minute. I love you too much to do that to you," I told him, hugging him tightly. He began softly crying into my shoulder and I felt the tears fall onto my t-shirt. I hugged him tighter, knowing that this was gonna become quite a regular occurrence.

About twenty minutes later, Alex stopped crying. However, he remained in my hug. After about five minutes of silence, he looked up at me with glassy eyes. I smiled at him softly, and he smiled back, before standing up and kissing my cheek softly before going to the bathroom. I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket and pulled it out. Chelle was calling. I answered as quickly as I could.

"Chelle, Hey! Sorry I wasn't back.... long story," I said.
"Jack! Is Alex okay? I heard! That fucking Jock was bragging. It took soo much restraint not to hit him. Is Alex there?" she said, explaining to me while throwing questions at me.
"Okay, Chelle. Firstly, calm down. Yes, Alex is here, and he's as okay as you could be. And, hold up a minute! He was bragging? He's dead," I said, angrily. I could feel every muscle tense with rage. What was it? Some kind of an accomplishment? He's fucking ruined Alex's life and he's happy about it!
"Now it's your turn to calm down. Can I talk to Alex?" she asked as Alex walked back in.
"Yeah... sure," I said, handing Alex the phone "It's Chelle," I told him, working to un-tense my muscles as Alex and Chelle spoke. Alex teared up a couple of times, but he was able to steady himself. I couldn't imagine what was going on in his head. I didn't know if I wanted to either.

"Jack! Get the car keys! We're gonna go get Chelle. She's staying here tonight. Apparently she's too worried to stay away," Alex told me, handing me my phone back.
"Okay, you got her address?" I asked him.
"One of us had to," he replied, laughing slightly, but I could hear the falseness behind it. I shrugged it off. At least he's trying?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I could come up with loads of excuses as to why I've not updated in a while, but the main one is School. Too much studying. I dunno how frequent the updates'll be for the next three to four weeks. Then it's Summer and I have all the time to update. Thanks to HotChelleRae for commenting :) Next chapter will be us asap. No promises that's gonna be soon though, and I'm sorry if the chapter's really bad.

Comment, Subscribe and recommend if you enjoyed