Sequel: Bad Blood
Status: Complete! Sequel Up Soon!

Love Shows When It's There

Jack's POV

I felt horrible. All I could think about the entire party was how bad I felt for making Alex feel like that. And he was self harming again, not that anyone else could tell. He mingled, smiled, laughed. He seemed perfect. Of course, I could see through it. It was an act that was obvious to my eyes, and (from the way he was looking at Alex) Matt could see through it too. I knew we'd have to tell the rest of the guys. I didn't wanna push Alex into anything, but he needed as much support as he could get.

Rian, Zack, Ross and Vinny had all disappeared off somewhere. Come to think of it, the only one's out of us that I could actually see were Matt and Alex. But Alex wasn't allowed out of my sight. Matt was mingling with a few people from school. Alex was hanging out with some of his History class mates, laughing with a beer in his hand. All I could see was pain though. I was lost in my own world watching him.

"Hey... you okay?" a girl I didn't recognize asked me.
"Hi.. yeah, I'm fine. Enjoying the party?" I asked her, smiling politely.
"It's great, I love it. It's cool meeting new people. I'm Teri by the way. I work with Zack," she explained.
"Haha I'm Jack, the house owner. How long you been working with Zack?" I asked her.
"A couple of months. He's a good guy," she said, smiling.
"He's great. Him and Ross make a cute couple," I replied before taking a drink of my beer.
"We'd make a cute couple too, y'know?" she smirked. I choked on my drink.
"Excuse me?" I asked her.
"We'd make a cute couple. What d'you say?" she said, running one of her hands across my face.
"I-I'm flattered, but I'm gay and I have a boyfriend," I said, stepping back a bit and looking over at Alex who's eyes were on me.
"Who? The cutie staring? I could get him someone else," she offered, stepping forward.
"We're happy together," I told her.
"We could be happier," she smirked, snaking an arm back up to my face.

Then a hand pushed hers away and pulled me away from her. I looked down to see Alex pulling me towards him.
"And who do you think you are?" Teri sneered.
"His boyfriend. Back off. He's taken," Alex snapped. Teri looked Alex up and down.
"You could do better," she said to me.
"Like who exactly?" Alex snapped.
"Well... me for example. Come on love, dump his ass. You know you want me," she said, putting her hand on my hip.

I pushed her hand away and pulled Alex closer to me.
"Like he said. I'm taken. And he's a million times better than you, I can guarantee it," I said.
"Haha. Okay. You know what? When you realise that your boyfriend here ain't all that great, just remember. You could be with someone better," she said before storming off.

I barely had time to look at Alex before he had his lips pressed to mine and his arms around my neck. Everything slowed down and all I could feel was Alex. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him closer. He pulled away and looked me in the eyes.

"I love you," he told me.
"I love you too, Lex," I purred back.

He gave me one more quick kiss and then he was being pulled away from me by Chelle. Damn that girl. He saw her and a genuine smile lit up his face as they hugged and giggled away with one another. The party ran extremely smoothly after that. I made small chat with everyone and thanked them for coming. And then it came to the count down. I realised Alex wasn't by my side.

"Ten!" My eyes searched the room frantically for him.
"Nine!" My eyes fluttered on what I thought was him but turned out to be an old class mate
"Eight!" I caught sight of Chelle. Alex wouldn't be far away.
"Seven!" Rian, Cass, Zack and Ross all caught my eye, smiling and waving me over. Still no Alex.
"Six!" Finally. Alex stood off to the side. I started making my way over to him.
"Five!" I made my way around and through different groups. I felt the pressure crushing down on me.
"Four!" He was almost in reach. Just a few more people.
"Three!" He turned away, his head dipping down and I could see his hope drain.
"Two!" I reached out and grabbed his hand, pulling him towards me.
"One!" I pulled him into a hug and kissed him as fireworks began going off outside.

The world melted around us as we entered the new year as one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so literally the only reason this hasn't been updated sooner is because I had writers block and then my laptop charger broke so updating this became very difficult xD But extra cute ending to a chapter to make up for it, with a little bit of drama to keep you interested. Comment, subscribe and recommend if you like <3