Status: Full speed on!

Monsoon Wings

Chapter 31 - Behind the Scenes of the Sex Story

It was dinner time. Olivia yawned, as she had been dozing while reading about Hypoclasm and Its Magical Uses in Potions on her bed, and quickly re-made her appearance in front of the mirror. She smiled gladly, thinking about Draco. Hermione opened the door of the dormitory and poked her face in.

‘Olivia, are you coming to dinner?’

‘I’m coming with Draco,’ Olivia replied, adjusting the ribbon tying her ponytail.

‘Oh,’ Hermione cleared her throat. ‘Have you seen Juno, anyway? She’s not here the whole afternoon.’

‘Nope, maybe she went to the library,’ Olivia suggested.

‘She wasn’t there, I just came from there with Ron and Harry.’

‘Well, then I don’t know, Hermione, cause I fell asleep,’ Olivia smiled.

‘Fine,’ Hermione disappeared behind the door. ‘Bye.’

Before she could reply bye, Hermione had closed the door. Olivia shrugged and posed once more in front of the mirror, then just stood there, waiting. She wanted— no, had to make sure that her friends had gone before she dared show up in the common room. Because, if they weren’t happy that Juno was with Draco, obviously they weren’t happy about her and Draco, as well. Not to mention her and Draco was an item, something public no one could deny—which is like an open diploma.

After five minutes or so, she left her room and into the common room, which had gone deserted except for a gang of boys in the corner. She passed the portrait of the Fat Lady and traced her steps down to the dungeon to fetch Draco. As she passed the Great Hall, she poked her head inside—it was already crowded. She could smell roasted chicken. Yummy.

She reached the dungeons, said the password and the wall opened up, revealing a low underground chamber with green lights. It was also almost deserted, and she could find no Draco.

She was about to relocate to the boys dorms before she met a sulken-looking Pansy coming out.

‘Looking for Drakie-Poo, slut?’ Pansy greeted viciously.

‘Watch your tongue or I’ll tell Draco!’ Olivia glared at her, looking at the door to the dorms.

‘He’s not there,’ Pansy reported. ‘Dare you tell him!’

‘I dare!’ Olivia had never been so brave before.

‘I’ll tell my parents. In no time I and Draco will be married,’ Pansy said proudly, beginning to leave.

Olivia poked her tongue out at her. She stalked away, nose in the air.

Olivia sneaked a peek into the boys dorms where Draco sleeps, and it was empty. Figuring she had nothing else to do there, she left. Maybe Draco was waiting in the Great Hall already.

But when she reached there, Draco was nowhere, as well.

*

‘Honestly, I thought I was gonna pee right there,’ Juno laughed out loud, cherishing the feeling of unwinding her mind and unknotting her stomach. The judges commented that she danced “nice, influential, and exact”. Yes. Those were the words they used. The list of contestants who would passed would be announced a week after that. No one really understood why it took so long.

‘Yeah, you would have done it there on the stage if I had not come,’ Draco smirked, kicking the tree branch on the ground.

They had left the Ministry of Magic, and were trampling on the grounds. Draco had his broomstick in hand and they could go back to Hogwarts anytime, but Juno would not return without Elvis, who currently was fooling around with the short cute girl whose name was Aurel. Juno had lost track of him.

That’s what happens when people have a crush.

‘Will you go find Elvis so we can leave? I mean, so I can leave?’ Draco spat annoyed. His stomach was rumbling with hunger. The sun had begun to rest in the west.

‘Well, I can’t find him anywhere,’ Juno searched around. She was hungry, as well. Now that everything was over, she felt hungry. ‘Let’s go find food.’

‘Yes,’ Draco stopped walking. ‘I want to eat spaghetti with mushroom and sauce.’

‘Let’s find it then,’ Juno said and kept on walking. They found a nice restaurant with reasonable prices, and they sat in the table in the far corner. Juno ordered spaghetti (without mushrooms, though) and two Butterbeers.

Draco put his head down and was doing something.

‘What are you doing? Smuggling tobacco?’ Juno grinned. Everything felt so funny now.

‘It’s the necklace,’ Draco showed it to her, and she took it and examined and rubbed it. ‘It broke.’

‘What are you talking about? It’s fine,’ Juno showed it to him, looking puzzled. Draco glared at her for no reason at all before inspecting the bell. Really uncanny. It was perfectly fine and shining. He took it and rubbed it. There was no crack.

‘What did you do to it?’ he grinned, putting it into his pocket, slapping her right shoulder enthusiastically.

‘What?’

‘I have tried multiple spells and potions and nothing worked. Your single touch did,’ he gazed up at the ceiling, interested at the lights.

Juno looked at the pale face in front of her. She could not believe that they had begun talking to each other like friends. There was another thing. Draco was not leaving that place because Juno was waiting for Elvis-- so indirectly, Draco was waiting with Juno, even though he had his own broomstick in hand and a perfect chance to just fly away back to Hogwarts anytime. But he did not.... and he chose to stay with Juno so that she would not be alone waiting for Elvis...

Luckily, he didn’t realize Juno was blushing.

*

When they returned back to Hogwarts, it was late. Mostly because they had found Elvis. He dragged both of them to a magical game shop where they stayed until late, playing miniature Quidditch. It was the only game Draco was interested with and what persuaded him to stay. Though, he complained the miniature ceiling was too low and the wind didn’t feel real.

Juno hummed as she returned to her deserted common room, sometimes dancing around. She found Jayden sitting near the fireplace. She sat next to him and reached out and hugged him. She felt so happy.

‘Where have you been?’ he asked coldly. He did not hug her back.

‘The aud—’ then she realized Jayden hadn’t known. No one had known except her and Draco.

‘The audition. And then you stayed late with a perfect blonde pureblood,’ he added, refusing to look into her eyes.

‘I’m sorry. I should have told you.’

‘Yes, I accept your apologize.’

‘Jayden,’ she said, turning on her seat to get a better view of him. She did not know what to say to confront him.

‘I thought,’ he looked at her sharply. ‘That if I make it as though he and Olivia were together, you would leave him.’

It took her a few seconds before she realized the legitimacy and motive of these words. And when she did, it shook her whole body that she stood up immediately, putting emphasis in her gaze towards him.

‘Are you saying that you wrote that sex story?’ she asked, voice quivering. When he did not answer, and pressed his lips in a frown, she demanded the query once again. ‘Did you write it?!’

‘Yes!’ he shouted. For a moment the glaze of the fire reflected in his brown eyes.

‘You—oh!’ she turned away, massaging her forehead. What he had done was cunning. Six years. It had been six years with him. ‘You— I don’t understand why the Sorting Hat put you in Gryffindor!’

She left, putting as much distance as possible from him.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Now that I think of it, and of the future chapters, even I myself wonder maybe I did a mistake in putting Jayden in Gryffindor. Anyway. I'll sort it out. Comment please? Thank you for reading.