Letters From a Soldier

Letter Two: Will

Will had been under fire for a few days now with no let up. He had seen many of his friends/comrades fall, but he had to keep going. Just then, he heard fires from behind him. He turned and shot off a few rounds and continued forward. He followed his men into a building they had secured. He hadn't be able to actually think about what was going on around him until that second. He felt fear surge through him and he began to hyperventilate. He called over to one of his buddies.

"Slap me," he said.

With out a second thought, his friend slapped him hard across the cheek and Will quickly stopped thinking again.

It was later that night and Will was finaly in a safe zone. He was curled in his bed staring at the wall when one of his comrades came in.

"Hey, Will. You have a letter."

Will blinked and took the letter from him and opened it.

Dear Will,
I live in Texas too! I'd love it if we could meet. It'd be totally awesome! So, i was thinking, to take your mind off of what is going on there, maybe I could tell you alittle bit of what I go through, but if you don't want me too, just say so. So my friends get on my nerves! My friend Kelly, she continuously is always complaining about being fat when shes only like 115 pounds! Not to mention she's always stuck up her bf's ass. And Shelly, she likes to be in everyone's buisness where she does not need to be, and tells everyone! She likes to feel in charge, but its annoying.
So I want to go to A & M, but I don't know what I want to do yet. I feel like I'm rambling. :/ haha, So my mom wants to send you a pic of us, to let you see the family that cares for you.
Your Friend
Rose.

Will had to laugh. He hadn't been bothered will stupid stuff in a while and it felt nice to get his mind off of the war. He picked up the picture and looked over it. There were two women, one was blonde haired and blue eyes, who he suspected was Rose's mom, and the brown haired blue eye girl, who he knew was Rose. She was more beautiful than he thought.

He got out a piece of paper and pencil and began to write:

Rose,
I love to hear about whats going on back home, somewhere other than here. You have no idea what I went threw today. I've seen a few of my friends die and its horrible. But forget that. So it seems like your friends aren't really your friends at all, but I promise to be your bff. :D
I live in Dallas, I'd love it when I come home if your family could be there. A nice warm hug would do me some good. I believe I come back next month for a few weeks, when I find out the exact date, I'll let you know.
Will