Status: Writing

Just Hold Me

Chapter 6

“You dont have to sleep on the floor Rian, i'll just go home” he shoke his head “You dont want to go home, so its okay, believe me!” I laughed and let my hand run over the comforter for the bed. “I believe you”

“Can I ask you something?” he cleared his throat clearly nervous. “Like really personal.. Kinda” I slowly nodded, not really sure. “Do you.. uhm..” he started picking at his fingernails. “Like.. Do you have problems with food?” my breath caught in my throat, the second the words left his mouth. “Sorry what?” I just stared into space, showing no emotion.

“One of my close friends has an eating disorder. And the signs she has, I see them in you too. But I might be wrong, I dont know..” he looked down and cleared his throat.

I sighed and started playing with the ends of my hair. “You're right though” I felt his eyes burn a hole in me. “Im here if you want to talk. Always” I nodded “Thanks Rian” he got up and sat beside me on his bed. “Can I hug you?” I giggled at his shyness, and nodded. His arms went around my waist pulling me close into his chest. “I feel safe like this” I whispered. I felt his fingers run trough my hair and a kiss on my hair. “Never be ashamed to open up”

I then felt the tears come. I cried into his shoulder, as he held me. “It all started that day, with Nathan. After that whole thing happened, I felt like I had no control anymore. But I knew one thing I could have control over, and that was my food. I stopped eating, I only eat when I feel like I’m about to faint. Cause I just cant”

I heard him sigh “I get where your coming from. And im sorry you have to go trough this” I moved my head closer to his neck. Making my lips touch his neck. “Thank you” Goosebumps rose on his neck, as my lips moved. “Thank you for being here”

My hand went to the back of his neck, tracing small circles. “Anytime Sarah, anytime.”

After some time we had layed down, me on his bed and him on the floor. In silence, only our breathing could be heard. “Rian...” I heard him move around. “Mhmm” he sounded like he had been sleeping. “Can you.. Can you hold me?” I heard him move and soon felt a body lay beside me. “Of course” He layed there, just holding me. Saying nothing, the silent said it all. I was finally feeling safe enough to open op to someone, even though I hadn’t known him for that long.

His warm breath on my neck, his strong arms around me. His soft touch on my clothes and my bare skin.

He held me until I felt asleep.

I might finally have the strength to be myself again...