My New Dad Hunts Ghost

Sage and Tea

Neche’s POV
Tracy was sleeping on the couch, we were watching TV and she didn’t want to go to bed, afraid to be alone.

“I’m sorry,”

I looked at Zak almost forgetting he was there.

“For what?”

“Bringing this on you, I don’t want anything to come into your home and stay,” I waved him off.

“You’re not the only one that can handle spirits Zak,” he was about to ask what I meant but Tracy stirred in her sleep signaling we were too loud. “You should put her to bed.”

In one swift movement she was scooped up in his arms and he was heading to the room I directed him to earlier.

He came back and sat down waiting for an answer. I stood.

“I’m going to make some tea want some?” He gave me a confused look and I headed to the kitchen. “Fine, more for me.”

“Answer me,” he sighed annoyed.

I shrugged.

“Maybe another time,” I teased.

He gave me a look that said he wasn’t in the mood, I just smiled. I finished making my tea and he wouldn’t stop staring at me so I took a seat and motioned for him to follow. When he did I took a sip and cleared my throat.

“I’ve had looks of experiences with spirits; it’s kinda in my culture to believe in it. The biggest was when I came in contact to what I believe is my spirit guide.”

“What happened?”

I shrugged. “Nothing just had something follow me around, I was scared at first but then I realized it didn’t plan to hurt me. He really helps when I’m lonely.”

“He?” I smirked.

“Yeah, he gets really protective too.”

“Great, my lawyer has a spirit boyfriend.”

“I’m not your lawyer,”

“So what would you do if this entity followed you?”

“Bless my house with sage,”

He nodded in approval and we left it at that. I didn’t understand how he could still do this with a child but it wasn’t my place to comment.

“So…” Great he was going to force conversation now.

“I think we should get to bed.

“Good idea,” he sighed in relief like I let him off of the hook.