Status: Active again! New chapter up as of 8/13/11!

A New Kind of Dangerous

One

Raven awoke to the sound of her alarm clock blaring. She hit it repeatedly until it finally fell off, crashing to the floor. The crash made it shut up at least. She rolled over and opened her eyes. The clock read 6:30 am. "There is no reason for any human being to be awake at this time" She thought to herself. Usually at this time she was just getting to bed after a night out with friends. She didn't want to go to school for 8 hours of teachers, bitches, nasty food, and classes.

She was interrupted from her thought as someone knocked on the door. "Come in"

Her dad opened the door. "Just making sure your up sweetie. You ready for your first day of senior year?"

She shrugged. "I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be"

"Katie already picked up Jordan for school and Dana left for work half an hour ago. I gotta get going too, so I'll see you later." He gave her a hug, closed the door behind him, and walked down the stairs.

Raven sat on the edge of her bed deep in thought. She was so grateful for her dad and Dana. She had people who loved her, cared for her, and accepted her for who she was. They have never tried to change her or anything like that. Her mother, on the other hand, was a completely different story. Her whole entire life her mom had done nothing but put her down and nit pick her every move. When she was 11, things began to get physical. Her mom would slap her, spit on her, cuss her out, call her names, and punch her. Her mom's boyfriend eventually began participating in it too and things got so bad she wanted to die. When she was fifteen, her mom discovered her secret. More like walked in on it. She was making out with her girlfriend of the time, Alice, when her mom came into her room without knocking. For a split second, Raven thought she didn't see. Her mom waited a few moments before screaming at her, kicking her girlfriend out of the house, and literally kicked her down the stairs. Crying, Raven went over to Alice's house where her very accepting parents told her she could stay as long as she liked, but it didn't feel like home and she eventually called her dad and told him everything. She expected him to act the same way, but he was very accepting and said no daughter of his would be treated that way and immediately flew out to come get her. Ever since then she's lived with him, only speaking to her mom on holiday's and her birthday. Sometimes she missed her mom, but this was a much better, safer place for her to be.

Jerking out of thought she got up and hit play on her stereo. Tegan and Sara filled her ears. She walked into the bathroom and heated up her straightener. As she waited for her straightener to heat up she brushed her teeth, washed her face, and lit a cigarette as she searched for something to wear.

She finally decided on tight, dark, ripped up skinny jeans and a tank top that had Sex Pistols in black lettering on it. She slipped on her black converse and her rainbow belt that she always wore and put in her black monroe stud instead of the hoop she had in. She then went back into the bathroom and straightened her hair. After she was done with that she drug out her large make-up bag. She wore mascara on her top and bottom laashes, black eyeliner on her top and bottom lids, brushed some creamy silver eyeshadow onto her eyelids, and added red lipstick that would look ridiculous on anyone else, but looked ridiculously good on her.

She went back into her room and checked the clock. Shit. It was 7:25 and she still had to pick up her best friend, Sarah.

She quickly collected her keys, i-pod, cigarettes, schedule, and ran down the stairs. She grabbed a granola bar and a vitamin water from the fridge before getting into her red mazda that had been a 16th birthday present from her dad, starting the car, and pulling away. She drove the 12 blocks to Sarah's house blasting Lil Wayne.

"You take forever skank!" Sarah exclaimed
Raven laughed "I could have taken longer bitch"

This was normal behavior for the two. They had been best friends since the week Raven moved here. They were constantly together, causing some kind of trouble.

"Floor it so we can get there early and make fun of people like last year" Sarah said

Raven drove 55 instead of the speed limit of 45 and they were able to get there in 5 minutes. Once they got there they sat in the car, people watching and listening to music.

"Oh my god" Sarah said

"What?" Raven looked around, confused

"Jake Owens"

"What about him"

Sarah pointed to one of the benches by the door. There he was, talking to some guy she didn't recognize. "

He got so hot!" She exclaimed "I mean shit last year he was some nerdy guy everyone asked for help on their math homework and now look at him"

Raven giggled at the sight of Sarah nearly drooling.

"He is not hot" She stated

Sarah slapped her in the arm "Well no shit your a lesbian"

Raven just rolled her eyes and smiled.

Their conversation was intterupted at the sight of their friends, Emily and Jacob. They weren't a couple, but everyone thought they were. Raven and Sarah were just waiting for the day it became official.

"Hey guys!" Emily reached into the passengers seat to give Raven a hug

"Hey" Jacob grinned. He looked stoned, which he probably was.

Sarah pulled out a joint. "Get in you guys. I need this if I'm going to last through a full day of school on the first fucking day"

They got in the back seat and began passing it around.

Sitting in the parking lot, smoking with her friends and listening to music, Raven couldn't have been more content.

Until the fucking bell rang.