Status: Complete!

Mist

Chapter 4- The Sharingan Dream

Chapter 4- The Sharingan dream

Madara looked down at Kasumi with mild surprise on his face and she looked up at him with something akin to fear and confusion.

"Oh crap," she muttered when she realized she was back in Madara's room and on that stupid rug.

The awkward silence continued for a few more seconds until Madara said, "So you decided to obey me for once?"

Scoffing she replied, "Hell no, brainless Izuna put me here... but uh... I'm just going to leave now."

Kasumi stood up and began inching toward the door, but Madara grabbed one of her wrists and said, "You think you're going to get out of this room?"

She gulped and tried to squirm her poor wrist out of his grasp. The pathetic attempt only pissed him off further and he growled, "Stop. You're not going anywhere."

She ignored him, but this time tried using chakra to aid herself. Finally, Madara frowned and pushed her against a wall. Then he glared down at her and said, "Possessions aren't supposed to resist."

Narrowing her eyes she demanded, "Who do you think you are? I don't even know you and you don't know me! You have no right to call me a possession and force me to sleep here, like you said, I'm your prisoner so maybe I should be in a jail cell! Now let me go!"
Madara seemed a bit taken back by her outburst, over the past two days he had never heard her yell or rant like this.

However, she had over stepped her boundaries and she was the one that had no right to speak to him like that.

She hadn't even seen it coming, no, but maybe she should have been expecting it for yelling at the most powerful man in the ninja world.

He pulled her forward by her captive wrist and with his other hand he hit her square in the stomach. Her eyes widened in shock and blood began to trickle down from her chin.

"I am Uchiha Madara; I have every right to do anything I want. Or did you forget that, maybe I should remind you," he sneered at Kasumi, who was crouching down holding her stomach in pain.

Madara grabbed her by the shoulder and dragged her up to stand again. Her eyes were shut tightly and she was frantically trying to figure out why she had said that.

It... it just flew out of her mouth before she could stop it. Now she was in deep trouble and she knew she should apologize, but she had to be proud and not back down.

That was her ninja way.

"Madara..." she said his name for the first time and it sounded strange, but she continued, "I am a prisoner not a possession, maybe you're the one that needs reminding."

Her voice sounded resigned and she knew that for contradicting him she was going to be in even more trouble. But she didn't care, she was not an object and she had to make that absolutely clear.

The Uchiha clan leader tightened the grip on her wrist and frowned when he realized she was right.

In disgust he let go of her wrist completely and in a calm, clear voice said, "You are correct. You will spend the rest of your time in prison."

He heard her let out a small sigh of relief and he walked out of the room. She followed soon after and he led her down the long hallways of the Uchiha clan mansion until they got to a large door.

Madara opened it and she walked into a large grey room with no windows. She heard the door close behind her and after she was sure he was gone she let a small smile form on her lips.

She was sure he was going to kill her right then and there, but she was lucky.

Looking around, Kasumi saw the room was surprisingly large for a jail cell, but its size only made the few items in it seem smaller.

There was a bed and a small screen, behind which was an even smaller bathroom.

The female walked over to the bed and sat down, this was going to be where she would spend the rest of her time until she would be taken back to the Mountain clan, or that's what was supposed to happen.

Lying down, she closed her eyes and told herself to get as much sleep as possible.

(1)-(2)-(3)-(4)-(5)-(6)-(7)-(8)-(9)

Kasumi's eyes flew open when she felt water all around her.

She frantically looked around and she was shocked to see there was a foot of water in the room, and it was increasing.

Her clothes were a bit wet and she still had no idea where the water had come from, or why the room suddenly didn't have a door.

By now, the water was at her knees and she was about to jump on the bed to get away from it, but to her dismay it was gone too.

But... that's impossible... she had just been lying on it.

Her breathing was now fast and her heartbeat thundered in her head, this could not be happening.

To further add to her panic, the ceiling began dripping too, but it was not water.

Kasumi gasped when blood began dripping down the walls, dying the water red.

She clutched her head, this could not be happening... it was just so unreal... but no... it felt real.

The blood red water was now up to her waist and Kasumi took several deep breaths to calm herself down and began to think. She had to get out of here, but how?

First, she had to find where the water was coming from. So, she did a simple hand seal to make two clones.

Yet, they didn't appear and she tried again, only to get the same result.

Her train of thought crashed and blew up when she felt something slide past her leg and then grab it.

She reached into the water to try and get it off, but she was shocked to find there was a thick chain around her leg, and it was connected directly to the ground.

How? There had been no chain when she looked around the room before she went to sleep.

Gathering all of her strength, Kasumi yanked at the chain, but it was just too strong.

The water was now at her ribs and she knew she had only a little bit of time before the water would make it above her head.

Once again she tried to get the chain off her foot, but her heart skipped a beat when another chain reached out of the ground and grabbed her hand.

Then the chain flew out of the water and connected to the ceiling, thus making Kasumi have her hand hanging in the air.

Now she couldn't bend down to reach the chain on her leg. She swore, where were all these chains coming from?

Suddenly, a realization struck her; she knew who was behind this:

Madara.

She should have known he would have never let her go without punishing her for acting out the way she did.

Her heart was racing as she took a deep breath and yelled, "Madara! I know you're behind this!"

There was no reply, but the walls seemed to shake a bit as she heard a deep voice chuckling.

Again she spoke, "Stop this, I didn't mean to offend you back in your room! ...I just wanted to stand up for myself... I... I'm sorry!"

Kasumi grimaced when there was no reply, but she gasped when she saw the water was now at her neck.

"No... no...Madara..." she whispered before taking one last deep breath before the water went over her head.

Slowly, she opened her eyes and all she saw was red, red, and more red.

She had no idea what to do next, but she almost breathed out all of her precious oxygen when she felt her free leg and arm be grabbed by chains and pulled to the sides.

Now there was nothing she could do, all she had control over was how long she could hold her breath, but it was not long.

Kasumi closed her heavy eyes, she didn't want the last thing she saw to be red.

All of a sudden she heard the echoing of footsteps, but that's impossible, she was underwater.

She opened her eyes again and she saw a dark figure walking through the water and toward her. It opened its eyes and she saw it had blood red eyes and a smirk on its face.

When it was close enough Kasumi's eyes widened when she saw it was Madara. His smirk grew and out of nowhere he pulled out a large sword.

He licked the sword with an evil glint in his eye and before she could even close her eyes he plunged deep it into her stomach.

The shock forced all of the air out of her lungs and pain ripped through her brain. To further her pain, Madara twisted and because of the shock she took a deep breath, filling her lungs with water.

White spots began to form in her vision, and the last thing she saw before everything went black was the smirking face of Madara.

For the first time since they had met... he actually looked happy.

(1)-(2)-(3)-(4)-(5)-(6)-(7)-(8)-(9)

Kasumi's eyes flew open and from the sheer shock of what she had just seen she jumped off her bed and looked around the room with large, frantic eyes.

Then her hand reached for her stomach, didn't it just get stabbed?

Confusion blinded her as she wondered why there was no injury, the room was completely dry and there were no chains in the places she had seen them.

She sat back down on the bed and took a deep breath. It's okay... it must have been a bad dream.

Kasumi frowned, some dream! It felt so real... but she was alive so it couldn't have been.

Sighing, she laid back down on the bed. She didn't want to sleep anymore, but this was the only furniture in the cell so she had no choice but to be on it.

Her tired eyes closed again, but not for long because the second she did she saw the face Madara had right before she woke up.

It looked... happy and that bothered her. What kind of person would be happy when they kill someone?

She shook her head, there was no guarantee he would actually react like that because it was a dream, nothing more.

Then she spent the next twenty minutes convincing herself it had only been a dream, but fell asleep.

Dream or not, she was still tired.

...

Some time later, the door to the cell opened and in walked the maid that had glared at Kasumi back in Madara's office three days ago.

She held a tray of food and she frowned when she saw the person she had to deliver it too.

It was that pathetic woman who thought she was a ninja, Kasumi. She dropped the tray on the ground and she watched with some satisfaction as she jumped up off her bed and looked around.

When Kasumi saw the open door and then the maid she smiled. It was a cross between a normal smile and a calculating one.

She walked a bit closer to the maid, looked down at the food and cheerfully said, "Thanks for bringing me my food! I thought I would eventually have to eat my way through the wall."

The maid looked a bit taken back by her cheerfulness and she hesitantly said, "It was only orders... no need to be thankful for something I didn't want to do."

Kasumi's smile never faltered and she said, "Nice socks."

Confused, the maid looked down and Kasumi took that perfect opportunity to hit the maid on the head swiftly.

She fell to the ground with a thud and the female ninja sighed, she didn't want to hurt people, but the door was open and she just had to get out of here.

Not once during her stay here had she forgotten about her mission to escape the Uchiha clan base. She had been carefully watching everything that was going on and trying to memorise the layout.

Slowly, she snuck out the door, closed it behind her and tip toed down the hallway. There was no one around and she guessed it was because it was already late evening.

She tried to keep her chakra as low as possible as she walked around in search of window. Something that had never ceased to amaze her was the complete and utter lack of windows in the Uchiha clan base.

Her efforts continued for some time until she realized she should find an open room, go inside it and see if there was a window.

The first few rooms she found were either closed or windowless, but the fifth door eerily opened all by itself.

Kasumi peeked into the room carefully, but she gasped when she saw Madara standing in it, looking at her.

"Finally decided to join me?" he questioned and she could tell he was annoyed by the way his lips were turned down slightly.

"Actually no, maybe we should reschedule to like... never," she replied and she was about to go running down the hallway away from him, but all of a sudden he was standing in front of her.

"You're not going anywhere until I'm done with you," he bit out and Kasumi backed up a couple of steps into the room and out of the hallway.

The door closed with a loud thud, which made her wonder how he had done that without touching the door itself.

"Let's not be so hasty... umm... maybe we should talk in more favourable circumstances?" she offered, but he just glared at her and stepped forward so he could loom over her.

"You have made it clear you want to leave and I am willing to make you a deal," he said and she listened intently.

"It is a simple physical challenge, and if you win you will be free to go," Madara's elegant voice spoke.

She hesitated for a second and looked into his eyes to see if there might be a sign in them, but she abruptly closed them when she saw his Sharingan was activated.

"Too late," he said and his voice seemed to echo around her. Kasumi slowly opened her eyes and gasped when she saw she was alone and standing back in the grey jail cell.

The only difference was that in the middle of one of the blank walls there now was a thin, dark tunnel.

Suddenly she realized what was going on; all of this was Madara's plan. The dream, the challenge, it was all in his genjutsu.

She cursed, how had she not seen through it?

"Are you ready for the challenge?" Madara whispered into her ear, causing her to jump to the side and stare at him with wide eyes.

For a second she stayed like this, but then she sobered and calmly replied, "Fine, what do I have to do?"

He smirked. "First of all we set the stakes. If you win, you are free to go, but if I win... you will be my prisoner for the rest of your life. I will not let your clan get you back. Do you agree?"

She gave him a long calculating glare, she had everything to win, but if she lost... she might as well be damned to hell. At least her clan wouldn't get her.

Finally, she sighed and said, "I agree."

His smirk grew a bit wider. "Good. The challenge is simple, I have designed a maze and you need to find your way to the end of it before I get you. You win if you make it to the final room of the maze and I win if I make you unable to continue."

Kasumi gulped, she didn't like the sound of the 'unable to continue' part. Then Madara looked at the tunnel at the end of the room and said, "You get a two minute head start."

She wasted no time and began dashing along the tunnel. It may have started out small, but now it was three times as wide the hallways back in the Uchiha clan base and it was as tall as the tree that had fallen on top of her.

This was good, she had lots of space.

The small female continued to run down the unturning hallway until she saw the one thing she didn't want to see right now.

A dead end.

To be continued...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hahaha I feel so evil about this chapter :) Thanks for reading!

Any thoughts?