Status: I feel awful. Forgive me! I'm writing now! (2/18/11)

Bring Me That Horizon

Cuatro.

I groaned quietly to myself. What had I gotten myself into? Now Jaime was holding open the door to his house for me, and his friends were waiting awkwardly behind me. I sighed and walked in, pushing myself against the wall and staring at Jaime. He just grinned and took my hand.

“Don’t be a frigid bitch Em,” he said, chuckling. My eyes went wide and I shook my head.

“I’m not!” I squealed. “I swear!” This surprised me. I wasn’t usually the joking, friendly type in case you couldn’t tell, unless it was just my boyfriend and I.

Jaime rolled his eyes and pulled me over to the couch that was in the middle of an inset room. It was wide open and had a solid glass wall, with an amazing view of the ocean. I smiled when I saw it, before I was pushed onto the couch and given a cold can. Coke, not alcohol, mind you.

“So we need to do introductions. Formal introductions,” Jaime said. He dropped down next to me.

“Well, I already know everyone here,” I stated. “That’s Mike and Vic, and you’re Jaime.” I grinned and he shook his head.

“You haven’t met Tony yet though. He’s outside starting up the barbeque. You will stay for dinner right?” I nodded slowly and the three guys high-fived each other.

“The frigid bitch has been broken!” Mike screamed as he ran away from the living room and outside. I stood up quickly and followed him.

“Mike! I am not a frigid bitch, nor was I ever!”

I followed Mike all the way to the beach. The grass turned into soft, smooth sand and I felt my feet sink into it. Mike had come to a stop just a few feet in front of me and sat down. I did the same, leaning my head on his shoulder.

We sat in silence. The sound of the waves breaking was the only noise that could be heard. Before I knew it, my eyes were drifting closed, the sound of the waves lulling me to sleep.

♒♒

A delicious smell filled my nose and I rolled over slowly. Opening my eyes a little to see that I was on a lounge chair on Jaime’s deck. The guys were huddled over the grill, not realizing I had woken up. I caught little bits of their conversation.

“Dude, when are you going to tell her?” Mike asked. Then he proceeded to stuff something in his mouth and chew, staring at Jaime.

“Later.”

“She’s going to find it suspicious when one day you’re hanging out and the next you’re not even home anymore. Or any of us for that matter. She just seems to trust you more,” Vic chimed in. I saw him pull his red beanie off and shake his hair out before shoving it back on.

“Later,” Jaime repeated. “I just want her to trust me for now. I don’t know why she’s so cold, but I want her to not have to worry about us leaving right away. Something hurt Emery.”

All of the guys turned in my direction. I didn’t close my eyes fast enough though, because the brown eyes of a dark haired boy caught mine. He showed no emotion though, just turned back to the grill. I think he was the only one who noticed I had awoken.

Jaime walked over to me and placed his hand on my shoulder. He shook me gently and I opened my eyes fully. He grinned.

“Hey Jaime? I think I’m going to head home. I’m not feeling so well,” I said, pursing my lips. Jaime frowned and Vic and Mike gave each other worried glances.

Jaime nodded and said, “I’ll walk you home.”

We walked quietly, his hand on the small of my back. Jaime was a very funny, loud guy, but I couldn’t shake the feeling that they were hiding something important from me. I didn’t think he was that kind of guy, but not everyone is as they seem.

I still hadn’t met that dark haired mysterious boy. Something was different about him, and I wanted to figure it out.

♒♒

“Em sweetheart, it’s time to get up,” my mom whispered in my ear. I just rolled over.

“I don’t feel so good today mom, can I just stay home?” I mumbled. She sighed and left my room, closing the door with a click.

My parents and sister left the house soon after, and the second they were out the door I was up and in the shower. What the guys had said yesterday still plagued my mind. What did they need to tell me? Oh well. This is one of the other reasons I hated getting close to anyone: secrets.

After my shower, I pulled on some shorts and an Asking Alexandria tee before heading out. I needed to take a walk around San Diego and see the area. It was such a beautiful day too, so I was happy I had been able to stay home.

I walked quickly down the streets, admiring the beach views and just overall loving the area. This was by far my favorite place that we had lived. I hoped we wouldn’t have to leave any time soon, or ever for that matter. I had no problem staying.

“Emery Keyo Mercer? Is that you baby?” I turned at the sound of my name, and grinned like crazy.

“Kevin!” I squealed, running over to him. “What are you doing here?”

I leaped into his arms and locked my legs around his waist. He grinned up at me, his blue eyes sparkling with delight. I leaned down and kissed him softly, so happy to have those familiar lips back on mine.

“I came to visit you. I couldn’t stand another minute without you by my side.”

Kevin and I had been so close when I lived in Georgia. We were inseparable, the perfect couple. Kevin had those boyish good looks the girls loved, with semi-long brown hair and beautiful blue eyes. He played varsity lacrosse and a few other sports. It was unbelievable the amount of girls that came to games just to cheer him on, even though they knew we were together. I guess they were just waiting for us to break up.

He had asked me out two weeks after we met. It was instant attraction, but also more than that. We cared for each other a lot, and we always knew how the other was feeling. I truly loved him, and I knew he loved me too.

I pressed my lips to his again as he let me down, but kept me close to him. His arms were strong and so familiar. I sighed as we pulled apart.

“I missed you so much,” I said, blushing a bit.

Things seemed to be starting to come together. Everything could be perfect now, if he would just stay.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Punk Goes Pop 3
SO GOOD
OM&M cover of Blame It makes me extreeemely happy
as do your comments
THANKS GUYSS<3
iloveyou!:D