Older Then Time, Loving Forever

Signs of a Counteroffensive

You were taken back to Briggs with Major Miles as you stepped out the doors seeing Falman and Buccaneer, “We’ve been waiting for you!” they both saluted, “Any changes?” Miles asked as you both walked in, “Nothing in particular. Moving right on, I heard Kimblee has gone missing. Is this true?” Buccaneer spoke, “Yes, thank god. There was an explosion large enough to cause a shaft to collapse.” you smirked as Buccaneer and Falman followed behind you both. Then your smirk faded and your face was filled with worry, “Kimblee and a few others are missing. We searched the rubble, but in the end, found no bodies.” Miles explained, “Are the ‘few others’ soldiers from Briggs?” Buccaneer asked, you winced at the question and hugged yourself, stopping besides Miles. “No. Two of Kimblee’s men… and the Fullmetal Alchemist.” Miles spoke.

“I’m going to head out…” you spoke, “Where are you going to head?” Buccaneer asked, “My instinct and my heart are telling me Liore…” you looked down the corridor, “I don’t know if it’s a connection I have between myself and Edward’s father but… I have a feeling he’s going there… and I need to see him.” You explained. “We’ll get you there,” Miles spoke, “Thank you,” you bowed down.

You were getting ready to leave but the alarm went off, “Drachma to the north has declared open hostilities! All men, battle positions! I repeat! Drachma to the north has declared open hostilities! All men, battle positions!” the speakers commanded.

You ran out bumping into Miles, “I want to help!” you spoke, “No time, get going to Liore while you can without anybody noticing!” Miles demanded, “No! If I run away from this I won’t be able to brag to Edward about it if I do something amazing!” you smirked.

The building shook violently, “Cannons?!” you asked, “Most likely,” Miles replied, “Miles! Make your decision.” You glared, “Stay just before it finishes… but if you get caught leaving afterwards… its your own fault,” Miles glared, you just nodded in return determination showing proudly in your eyes.

When you got to the top you saw Briggs had completely annihilated the Drachma forces, though you saw a man who you hated completely, “No… why did you kill them all…” you yelled at Buccaneer, “They were going to destroy the Fort!” Buccaneer grabbed your collar, “KIMBLEE WAS TRYING TO MAKE A BLOOD CREST YOU IDIOTS!” you screamed, Buccaneer let go of your collar and stepped back, “I’m going to leave now Miles… clean up that mess quickly… I hate blood,” you walked to the exit quickly grabbing your things and leaving Briggs.

* * * Alphonse’s POV * * *


“So I’m saying… you’re supposed to read the veins of the dragon while performing Eastern alchemy!” May smacked her hand on the floor, “And I’m saying… I don’t understand how!” I replied, trying to make some sense out of May’s teaching methods. “You’re supposed to sharpen your senses! Ready, go! See? I sense it!” May put her index finger to her forehead, “I can’t do that!” I snapped, “Yes, you can!” May snapped back, “Teach me the theories behind it! I don’t get it!” I yelled.

After a while we just gave up as myself and May went to set a trap for Envy in the snow.

“Hey!” We saw Zampano leading a man who looked like an Ishbalan walking behind him, “Who might that be?” Marcoh asked, “He’s a vagrant I met this morning. He wanted to have you see him, Doctor-” “That’s enough, Zampano. The shitty acting ends here… Why hello, Doctor. What might you be doing here? You’re being too optimistic if you think roaches like you can outwit us.” Envy spoke but suddenly stopped as May used her Transmutation skills to activate the circle under him. Stabbing his foot.

We both laughed silently staying hidden under the shack, making sure Envy was beat up a few times.

“He’s being fooled alright. It’s just remote alchemy.” May smiled. Suddenly Envy changed into his bigger form and tried to kill the others May used another attack but he just brushed it off. Scar jumped on Envy’s back as he collapsed to the floor.

Envy quickly grabbed Marcoh making a few threats but we knew that the doctor could handle the situation as he destroyed Envy and reduced him to the worm he truly was.

* * * Reaka’s POV * * *


You made it into Liore with barely any strength, “F-Food…” you fell on your knees and collapsed.

“Miss… Miss wake up,” you opened your eyes to see a girl with tanned skin and brown hair with pink bangs. “Food…” you spoke, “Rea?!” a familiar voice spoke, you looked around and saw Van Hohenheim, “Van!” you jumped towards him and gave him the most back braking bear hug you’ve ever given any one. “I’ve missed you so much Van!” you spoke, Hohenheim smiled and put his hand on your head as he smiled softly, “I’ve missed you too, Rea…” Van spoke, “You two know each other?” the girl asked, “Yes, we’ve been friends for years… and years… and years…” you bowed your head as Van laughed at the joke, though nobody else got it.

You learned the girls name to be Rose and this was a town that Edward and Alphonse saved before you had just met them again. “Why did you come here? Because of the transmutation circle throughout Amestris?” Hohenheim asked, you were watching everyone working hard with smiles on their faces, “No, my heart told me to come here…” you replied softly, Hohenheim smiled softly and put his hand behind your head, “You always were one for following your heart,” Hohenheim smiled, “Well… we have a spiritual connection since that day… so I kinda felt you were coming here… so I decided to meet you halfway,” you looked back at Hohenheim with a softly expression.

“I thought you would at least be with my sons,” Hohenheim spoke, “We all kinda split up when we went to Briggs… not in a bad way… just how things turned out, not what we expected really,” you explained, “I met the homunculus Pride today,” Hohenheim looked serious, “looks like your serious for once…” you smirked, “Rea… Pride is based on-” “His father’s old flask look I know… I encountered him many, many years ago I thought it best not to tell Edward and Alphonse because they might of started something… you of all people know how they are being hot tempered… well Ed being more Hot tempered.” You smirked, Hohenheim looked shocked, “What?” you asked, “You normally call people by their full name,” Van spoke, “What… do you want me to call you Slave Number 23,” you spoke blatantly which made Van have a cloud hang over him, “I’m joking you buffoon,” you laughed.

As time went by you work with Van helping to restore Liore piece by piece.

“Hey, Rose! We finished washing the pots!” you called, “Is there anything else we can-” you both stopped, looking at Alphonse and Winry standing in front of you.

“HUH?!” you all spoke, “You’re Ed and Al’s-” “Dad!” Alphonse interrupted Winry, “The Armor from my collection!” Hohenheim was shocked.

“It’s been a while, Al.” Hohenheim smiled, “Yeah,” Alphonse spoke, “So… I heard from Pinako. About what happened to your body and such. And Reaka here has told me some of the adventures you’ve all been on,” Hohenheim explained, “There he is?!” a woman called, “Mr. Hoh, do you think you could lend us a hand?” a man walked over carrying some wood, “Oh, sure. Let’s catch up on things later.” Hohenheim looked at Alphonse, “You too Miss. Mor,” the man smiled, “Yes!” you saluted with a smile running over to the woman and taking some wood from her. Hohenheim caught up a moment later.

You started working and told the other two that Alphonse was Hohenheim’s son, “Huh? That was your son?” the man asked, “Oh, that must have been awfully rude of us. It must have been a while since you’ve seen him. Can you really just leave him hanging?” The woman spoke, “Well, I left the house many years ago. I don’t think he trusts me as a father. Not really sure what to talk about with him…” Hohenheim explained, you put your hands on your hips, “Those boys really are as stubborn as you… you have something in common with Alphonse and Edward… your love for Alchemy.” You explained, Hohenheim looked at you shocked.

“Dad!” you heard Alphonse running towards you both. “Umm… I’ll help too! Let me take that for you!” Alphonse ran over and taken the wood that two people were carrying. You smiled and nudged Hohenheim and nodded towards Alphonse as if to make Hohenheim talk to him.

“An underground tunnel?” Hohenheim asked, “Yeah. I wanted to check whether there’s one under this city. If there is…! No, there has to be Then-” “Hold that thought. Let’s take this somewhere private.” Hohenheim spoke. “Coming Rea?” Hohenheim looked at you; “Sure,” you nodded and followed behind the both of them.

* * *


“So you came to Liore to prevent the activation of the Nationwide Transmutation Circle?” Hohenheim asked, “Yeah. Then I found you here with Rea! What a surprise! It makes me feel lucky.” Alphonse spoke, “We met a man who looks just like you underneath Central. I seriously doubt that there’s no link between you two. I figured you knew who he was.” Alphonse explained, “Are you sure this is a good idea, Alphonse?” Hohenheim asked, Alphonse was confused.

“What if I was on their side? Didn’t you consider the possibility that everything you just said could make it to the enemy’s ears?” Hohenheim looked deadly serious until he smiled and lightly punched Alphonse’s chest plate. “I’m really happy that you trust me. Thanks.” Hohenheim smiled, “Oh course!” Alphonse nodded. You could see that Hohenheim was very relieved to see that Alphonse’s trusted him, he looked down at you and nodded, and a small noticeable shocked expression appeared on your face.

He’s going to tell Alphonse our story…

“It’s a long story. I want Edward to hear it as well.” Hohenheim looked at Alphonse, “The thing is, Brother… has gone missing.” Alphonse spoke which shocked you. You grabbed Alphonse’s arm, “I thought you guys would of at least met up before you made your way here! Do you have any news on where he is?” you asked quickly, “Rea…” Alphonse smiled.

* * *


“You listening?” Hohenheim asked, Alphonse jumped out of his armor, “Well… so… You were both slaves, and now your philosopher stone’s?” Alphonse spoke, “To sum it up…” you sighed and covered your face. “Guess it’s pretty unbelievable after all… Well, I can’t blame you. You’d have to be crazy to believe a story like that out of the blue,” Hohenheim bowed his head down, which automatically was followed by you smacking him around the head, “Of course its believable you dummy! We both went through the horrid curse and followed blindly into the darkness!” you yelled at Hohenheim, he saw you had tears in the corner of your eyes, “It’s true! If people don’t believe us I’ll just beat it into them!” you snapped. “Something as painful as that! It has to be true!” you fell on your knees.

“I… guess I’m as crazy as both of you,” Alphonse spoke, you froze and looked up at Alphonse in shock, “You accept things pretty quickly.” Hohenheim replied, “To tell you the truth, I’m pretty nervous. But… I guess it’s easier to believe because my body is also like this.” Alphonse explained, you smiled and stood up. “Hey… how does it feel to be immortal?” Alphonse asked, a question that stung your heart and cracked it slowly. “How does it feel…? I guess it’s convenient in many ways. But it’s sad that I have to see my loved ones go before me.” Hohenheim looked up at the sky, you nodded, “It’s a curse… and a blessing,” you added.

“Hey Dad, you’re a philosopher’s stone, which means your body isn’t exactly normal, right? Then are brother and I…” Alphonse spoke, “Are you asking whether you two are normal humans?” Hohenheim asked, “Yeah.” Alphonse answered, “Don’t worry. My soul along with Reaka’s is fused with the philosopher’s stone, but the actual core that holds us together is ourselves, a human being. But the one at Central… He’s only wearing a shell that resembles me.” Hohenheim explained, “A shell?” Alphonse asked, “Yeah. He made it using Van’s blood… though… if you think about it, if you break the shell you should be able to defeat him.” You explained, “Defeat…? Oh, right. Aren’t they trying to recreate the tragedy at Xerves by using this country? If we don’t stop them soon, there’ll be a disaster.” Alphonse pulled out a piece of paper from under his cloth.

You both looked at the papers, “Whoa… no bad… You’ve figured out this much. And this one must be the reverse transmutation circle.” Hohenheim was surprised and impressed, “The quick way would be to destroy the underground tunnel. That’s why-” “Don’t even think about it.” Hohenheim interrupted Alphonse, “A powerful homunculus by the name of Pride lurks in the tunnel. Reaka’s run in with him in the past, apparently he is lethal,” Hohenheim explained, “But if we don’t hurry, their transmutation circle will be…” Alphonse stood up, “It may already be complete, or has been for a while…” Hohenheim replied, “Then all the more reason to…!” Alphonse snapped.

The Day hasn’t come yet.” Hohenheim spoke, “The Day?” Alphonse repeated, “Alphonse. Don’t be focused on what’s at your feet. Look above you. If you do, you’ll be able to see new things.” Hohenheim pointed at the sun, “Above… the sky? Sun God Leto?” Alphonse spoke, “He’s waiting for ‘The Day.” Hohenheim spoke.