Older Then Time, Loving Forever

An Immortal Army

“There’s smoke rising from the city. I can faintly hear the sound of an alarm, also.” Lan Fan spoke, “Looks like the Colonel and the men from Briggs have begun to make their move. Central must be in a state of pandemonium right now. Guess it’s time to go.” Edward spoke, “Yeah. We’ve prepared the counter for the Nationwide Transmutation Circle, but it wouldn’t hurt to stop it before it’s activated. He’s basically just like how he was in the flask, but bigger. If you destroy his container, he should perish. We’ll… also be able to free the souls of the ones that are bound inside him.” Van explained, “But how do we get to him?” Zampano asked, “We’re going to use the underground path I took with May in the past. There are tons of deadly chimera, but we should be able to get through with out current party.” Scar explained.

“You stay here, Heinekel.” Darius spoke, “Yeah. Sorry about this.” Heinekel spoke, “Not your fault. Doctor Marcoh, make sure the military doesn’t find you.” Darius replied.

“Yoki! You wait here too.” Jerso spoke, “G-Gladly.” Yoki nodded.

“I don’t think that dress is appropriate for a fight,” Edward spoke, you raised an eyebrow, “Don’t you think I know that, I have a tank top and shorts under it so don’t worry about me,” you smirked.

You snuck into the city very easily and went to the entrance to the underground. “This won’t do. The soldiers are gathered right in front of it, and we can’t approach.” Edward spoke, “It’ll be a bit tough to force our way through.” Jerso spoke, “There’s another entrance! Research Laboratory 3! Al and the Colonel have infiltrated there before and ended up fighting against the Homunculi!” Edward spoke.

Heading to the Research lab, seeing guards outside you all hidden in the hedges. “Three guards, huh?” Zampano spoke, “Okay, let’s do this.” Darius spoke, cracking his knuckles. You thought for a moment and then an idea came to mind as you smirked, “Rea?” Edward looked at you with a smirk knowing your plan face, “Scars here right,” an evil gleam appeared in your eye, you grabbed Edward’s hand and pulled his watch out dragging him down the street, “Soldiers! Help we’re getting chased by Scar!” you called, “A state alchemist!” the guard spoke then they saw Scar, “Scar’s a wanted man!” they stepped in front of you, you smirked with the glimmer in your eye again as you knocked them all out from behind.

Edward was shocked by your plan but it still worked out well, “Good idea Rea,” Edward smiled, “Why thank you,” you smiled, “You’re terrible.” Van walked over, “Shut up, let’s go.” Edward spoke and dragged you into the laboratory.

He found the wall and made an entrance to get inside the hidden pathway. There were two directions to go in.

“Should we split up?” Edward asked, “Yeah. I’ll go this way. Edward and Scar go the other way.” Van explained, “What?! Why do I have to go with him?!” Edward screamed, “If you try to distribute strength alchemy-wise, this would be best. Besides, when the enemy sealed alchemy, Scar was able to use it but you couldn’t do anything, right?” Van explained Edward froze in annoyance. “Okay, then these two should go together. What about the rest of us?” Jerso asked, “I’m not your average Joe, so I’ll be fine on my own.” Van spoke, you punched him in his arm, “Though myself and Rea both made the agreement that we’d go together when this day came,” Van smiled at you, “Rea…” Edward was shocked, “Plus Lan Fan will be coming with us,” you spoke.

“Okay, so if you see him, give it your all to destroy him.” Van spoke, “Roger!” Jerso spoke, “Will you guys really be all right just the three of you?” Zampano asked, “Of course. Besides, old men prefer being alone with young women.” Van called, you laughed and then stopped turned back and ran to Edward giving him a strong hug. “Be careful,” you whispered, “You too,” Edward replied, you kissed Edward quickly then smiled at him walking backwards then ran back to Van.

* * * Edward’s POV * * *


Watching Reaka walk off with Hohenheim upset me, she told me that she wanted to do this with Hohenheim no matter what because it was their fault for causing this. Blaming herself for something she didn’t do.

“Come on lover boy…” Zampano called, “Hey! What do you mean lover boy!” I yelled at them, “Staring after your girl like that acting like you’ll never see her again. You will and you’ll both have your time together,” Jerso winked at me, my face heated up badly, “Ha ha! Just wait kid, I’m sure a girl like her will give you a good time!” Zampano laughed, I couldn’t help but keep quiet as they were talking about that kind of thing.

* * * Reaka’s POV * * *


As you were walking down the other way you could hear Jerso and Zampano making jokes about you and Edward, you smirked to yourself as Van looked at you seriously, “What?” you snapped, “Do you think of my son in that kind of way?” Van asked, your face heated up quickly, “I’ve never even thought about it to be honest… you know what type of experiences I’ve had in my life…” you explained, Van nodded.

As you kept walking Van glanced at Lan Fan every now and then, “You need to find the Prince of Xing, right?” he finally asked, Van stopped walking, “Go.” He simply said, “Er, but…” Lan Fan spoke, “Don’t worry about us. Ling means a lot to you, doesn’t he? I can tell,” you smiled, Lan Fan looked away for a moment, then ran up the wall and jumped into the vent above, “Thank you.” Lan Fan spoke, then left.

You both carried on walking together. Suddenly you heard a loud roar from down the corridor, “I don’t like the sound of that,” you gulped looking at Van, “Let’s move quicker,” Van spoke you nodded and followed on.

* * * Edward’s POV * * *


We all stood looking at the huge gate in front of use. “What a huge gate.” Jerso spoke, “I don’t like the feeling it gives off. Is this really the place?” Darius added, “Yeah. It looks exactly as Al described it.” I replied, “Who the heck is that?” Jerso asked looking down at the body and armor on the floor, “Number 66. Barry the Chopper. He was Slicer’s partner.” I answered.

Moving towards the door I place my hand on the flat stone, then tried to open with much force needed. “Open…!” I snapped, “Dammit…! How the hell are we supposed to open this?!” I yelled complaining about the door. “Step aside.” Scar spoke behind me as the door suddenly opened slightly. “It opened-” which wasn’t a good thing because weird beings came out of the door trying to attack us.

They managed to surround us in the room which wasn’t good, “It hurts!” I heard them speak.

I’m starving!”

It hurts!”

The pain!”

Brother!”

I realized what they were, “Don’t tell me…! Did they attach souls to dolls?!” I spoke, “Dammit! There’s no end to them!” Zampano spoke, “What the hell are these things?” Darius asked, “Hell if I know! Why aren’t they dying?!” Jerso snapped, “This is bad! If we let them outside…” Scar spoke.

“What do we do…” I whispered trying to think of an easy way to get around this. Jerso was attacked by one of the dolls but he thrown it backwards. We looked back and saw a few headed for the back door, “Oh no! They’re getting out!” Jerso spoke, I clapped my hands and covered the exit, “My bad, I sealed off the exit.” I spoke, “Don’t worry about it. If you hadn’t done it, I would have destroyed the exit myself.” Darius explained, “Now we can prepare for the worst!” Zampano smirked, “Okay, so now that we don’t have to worry about them getting out… Let’s show them what we’ve got!” Jerso smirked and transformed into his other self, so did the others.

It hurts!”

So much pain!”

“How dare they make something like this…! Guess we have to go through these guys first to give the old guy a beat down. This is gonna be rough!” I yelled.

* * * Alphonse’s POV * * *


“Hey Alphonse, what is that sound?” Heinekel yelled from outside, “Selim’s playing with my head.” I spoke, which normally that would sound really weird. But Selim has been tapping my head for the last few hours.

“Make him stop, Alphonse!” Heinekel called a few moments later, “Make him stop those noises! It’s morse code! Signals the army uses for communication! He’s telling someone out current location-” Heinekel stopped, I went to stop Selim but the side of the cover blown up and light was shining in as Selim walked out.

“Hi. Thanks for coming to pick me up, Kimblee.” Selim spoke, “Seriously… please stop giving me extra work.” Kimblee spoke, “Come on, give me a break. I won’t let my guard down again.” Selim smiled.

“Are you alone? I heard that Gluttony was here with you.” Kimblee spoke, “I made use of him.” Selim walked towards Kimblee, “You are him? Your own comrade?” Kimblee asked, “Not a comrade. We’re part of the same being. We were born from the same father. Think of it as ‘coming back together’, per se.” Selim explained and thrown my head back as I grabbed it and placed my helmet back on. “I see.” Kimblee replied.

I looked to my right and saw Heinekel lying against the dirty wall, “Mr. Heinekel!” I called as he coughed up some blood, “Wow, you’re still alive? Can’t underestimate a chimera’s survival power, after all.” Kimblee spoke as I stood up and ran after Heinekel, “Mr. Heinekel!” I called, but Selim grabbed my by my legs. “Dammit!” I yelled, as Selim pulled me back, “Let go!” I yelled at him, “I won’t let you get away.” Selim spoke, “You-” I clapped my hands and made an explosion in the area cutting off my legs and creating a dust cloud so we could escape.

I was dragging Heinekel on the floor as I used my legs to push me backwards trying to escape from Selim and Kimblee. “Don’t mind me… Hurry up… and escape…” Heinekel spoke, barely getting any words out. “No!” I snapped, still dragging him along, “Don’t be stupid. At this rate, neither of us will make it. If you leave me behind, at least you may be able to survive.” Heinekel explained, being stubborn. “I said, no! Focus on living for now!” I snapped again, “Idiot! Take a good look at reality. We’re put against Kimblee and Pride. Just leave me behind…!” Heinekel explained as he coughed up some more blood. “Don’t give up! I’ll save you for sure!” I yelled just as the kneecap on my armor broke making me fall back and harder to move. “Dammit! Move, stupid leg! We can’t lose here!” I punched my left armored leg in frustration.

“Mr. Heinekel, hang onto me! Don’t you dare give up!” I spoke pulling him towards me, “You siblings are so… Why do you try to save others when you’re all damaged as well?” Heinekel asked, I was silent for a moment.

“I made a promise. I made a promise with Brother, that we won’t let anyone die again.” I explained, Heinekel smirked, “You’re right. I recall even Kimblee saying that ‘if you survive, you win.’ Thanks to that, I remembered that I had something good with me.” Heinekel spoke and pulled something out of his pocket.

The Philosopher’s Stone.

“Why do you have this?” I asked in shock, “I picked it up at the mines to the north after being abandoned by Kimblee…” Heinekel explained, “A philosopher’s stone… We really may be able to beat them if we have this. But still!” I spoke not wanting to use the stone for the reason it is made form live humans. “Yeah, I know. This is made of human lives, right? I’ve heard from your brother that you guys don’t want to use this to return to your bodies. In that case… In that case, use them to save the world; not for yourselves. I’m asking you because you’re willing to acknowledge them as human lives, even after being reduced to such a state. I can understand their feelings. No matter what they may look like now, they still want to fight to protect what’s precious to them. Give them a chance to fight too.” Heinekel spoke, his words were strong and made me face the truth, the human lives would want to fight back for what has happened to them.

“Okay.” I spoke, “Give them a good beat down, Alphonse.” Heinekel gave me the stone, “Yeah. Let’s fight them together.” I nodded.

I remade my legs using the stone and then walked out of the cloud, “Oh, my. Instead of escaping, you…” Kimblee spoke as I fully appeared to them from the cloud.

“Marvelous. Very entertaining, Alphonse Elric!”