Older Then Time, Loving Forever

Combined Strength

* * * Alphonse’s POV * * *


I held the stone securely in my hand, and then created a huge dust cloud to cover up my movements and be able to create surprise attacks.

Taking Kimblee from behind I smacked him a couple of meters away from myself who created an explosion from the ground but I made a wall blocking the attack suddenly. Pride attacked next slicing the wall in half and chopped my arm off but I managed to create another as he thrown my old foot towards me. Creating a sword out of it I started to deflect his attacks with my new sword I got close enough to bend my sword around one of his shadows but Pride was quick enough to dodge it and jumped back.

Kimblee created another explosion below my feet, I managed to create a stone dragon head to pull me up into the sky and send me crashing down upon Kimblee. After that I tried to trap Selim in a mini dome but failed as he was quick to react not falling for the same trick twice. His shadow sliced through my arm and my helmet. I thrown a fake flash bomb in the air but he didn’t know that as another shadow split it in two. “That one was a decoy!” I yelled as another appeared at my feet and exploded. At that point I managed to capture Pride in a spiral mound.

“The power of a philosopher’s stone never ceases to amaze me. I’ve used it before, so I know. And that’s why I’m confused about something. Why don’t you use that power to get your body back? Since you have the stone, it’ll be easy to run from us. Once you get away, you can use the power to get you and your brother’s bodies back. And doesn’t that conclude your journey?” Kimblee asked, “If we did that, we wouldn’t be able to save everyone.” I replied, “It’s to fulfill your dearest wish. In order to gain something, one must sacrifice.” Kimblee explained.

“Hey, why are you saying there are only two options? Getting our bodies back, or saving everyone. It’s strange to think that only one of those can be granted. Why don’t you consider the possibility of getting our bodies back, and at the same time, saving everyone?” I spoke, “What about the law of equivalent exchange?” Kimblee asked, “I think that in order for humanity to progress, we must seek a possibility without being bound by principles.” I replied, “I see. If that comes true, it’ll be recognized by the world as a new principle. Right? Then you should prepare another possibility. The possibility of the two of you not getting your bodies back, and not being able to save anyone either.” Kimblee spoke, then smiled showing a philosopher’s stone in his mouth.

Touching the floor Kimblee made another explosion. Our battle continued as I hid in the cloud once more.

Kimblee let Pride free from his cage as he thrown stones in the air making them explode giving away my position. I jumped to the side and created another dust cloud and tried to get behind Pride.

Meeting a friend half way.

And passing them by.

Pride grabbed me and held me in the air, “I told you. I can sense where you are by smell. Checkmate.” Pride smirked, “I wouldn’t be so sure. This is where the tenacity of humans comes in!” I smirked, Pride glared at me throwing me on the floor. “Even if you have a philosopher’s stone, there’s no way you can beat us on your own-” “I’m not on my own!” I interrupted him, Pride froze when he saw my hand was empty.

“Where did he hide the stone?!” Kimblee asked. A moment later Heinekel jumped out and bitten into Kimblee’s throat and dragged him to the ground.

My ace in the hole was, “Doctor Marcoh!” Kimblee called as he fell to the ground.

* * * Edward’s POV * * *


The fight had continued for a while, it was getting old now, “Can’t underestimate the power of a philosopher’s stone, I guess.” Darius spoke. Scar attacked some of the dolls legs, “Their legs! Aim for their legs!” Scar called.

The fight continued, I saw them lying on the floor.

I created a spear to be able to keep my distance while I attacked them, chopping their legs off.

I continued my fight with much determination.

Determined to get Alphonse’s body back…

Determined to make Reaka mortal again…

Determined to save our country…

* * * Alphonse’s POV * * *


Pride went to attack Heinekel but he held Kimblee in the way. Pride stopped the attack.

But why would he do that? Why would someone like him stop?

“I see now. Just as you said, humans are tenacious. However, you all won’t be able to beat us. As long as… our father is seated right over there. Well, before that, you all need to find a way to get out of this situation.” Pride went to attack Marcoh.

Suddenly a car came out of nowhere deflecting the attack saving Marcoh and then running Pride and myself over. “I sure did it!” Yoki yelled, “Yoki?!” I was shocked, as Heinekel dragged me across the floor, “Nice one, mustache man!” Heinekel yelled.

“Where did you get this car?!” Heinekel asked, “It’s the one Kimblee rode here in. I’m having the drivers take a little break.” Marcoh explained, “Not bad, Doctor Marcoh.” Heinekel smiled, then suddenly thrown Kimblee’s body at Pride as he got up, “Step on it!” Heinekel thrown me in the car and Yoki stepped on the accelerator.

Yoki started screaming as the roof was taken off, “Shut up and drive! Drive as fast as you can! I don’t plan on fighting that monster head-on again! Drive to Central! We need to meet up with Ed and the others and defeat Father before that thing catches up with us!” Heinekel yelled.

* * * Edward’s POV * * *


We managed to take the legs off many of the dolls. Though more and more kept coming back. One of them suddenly grabbed my leg, “Shit!” I yelled, “Ed!” Darius yelled out, I looked back in the air seeing a doll flying towards me.

Suddenly fire appeared out of nowhere and knocked all the dolls back.

“It’s always so unruly wherever I find you. Shall I lend you a hand, Fullmetal? Looks like you’ve made some new friends.” Colonel Roy Mustang stood in front of us.

“Scar. But wow, this place brings back memories, Lieutenant. It reminds me of your crying face. I’d like to see honest tears like that from you again someday.” Colonel smirked, “I thought you despised liquids. Since they make you useless.” Lieutenant Hawkeye spoke, “Save the chatting for later! Take them down!” Scar yelled, “Don’t you order me around!” Roy snapped, “Roger! We need to defeat these pale things, right?” Hawkeye readied her weapons, “It’s useless, Lieutenant! Bullets aren’t enough to bring them down!” I yelled, “That again?! Why does this always happen?” Hawkeye was shocked, “Homunculi? No, their wounds aren’t recovering. But they don’t die. Must be the power of a Philosopher’s stone.” Colonel spoke. I continued fighting the dolls, though after hearing one click of the Colonel’s finger flames danced about the room incinerating all the dolls and completely turning them into dust.

The ceiling exploded above us and we saw two people fall down, “Is that you, May?!” Jerso called, “Envy!” I yelled when I saw the homunculus who started the rebellion. “You guys…!” Envy saw us, May ran over to Scar. “Fool! Why didn’t you return to your country?!” Scar yelled at May she looked shocked and tears appeared in her eyes, “But… B-Because…!” May spoke, “It’s fine. Don’t cry.” Scar snapped, “I’m so sorry, Mister Scar!” May apologized, “Man… Human traits like this make my skin crawl. But wow, looks like you guys showed them who’s boss. The Fullmetal Alchemist and the Flame Alchemist. In addition, Scar. The shitty chimeras I owe a favor to from up north are with you too. Now… I wonder who I should take care of first.” Envy smirked.

“So you’re Envy? You’re the Homunculus that can change form, right?” Colonel spoke up, “Oh, you know about me? Nice to meet you, Colonel Mustang. Huh, Wait! Is this okay, Scar? He’s a State Alchemist who turned Ishbal into hell.” Envy replied, “You’re right.” Scar knew that but didn’t care any more. “What, you’re all buddy-buddy now? This is boring. Show me something more muddy and disgusting then my own mother. I find enjoyment in watching you pieces of trash shrieking like animals.” Envy was shocked, I glared at Envy with daggers as he insulted Reaka, “I don’t have time to entertain your vulgar hobbies.” Colonel glared at Envy, “Vulgar? Well then, let me ask. Don’t you humans also love watching people’s unhappiness and watching fools dance? Isn’t that why you’re always fighting wars?” Envy grinned, “True, it is indeed entertaining to watch fools dance like madmen.” Colonel smirked, Envy whistled, “It’s especially entertaining to watch fools like you homunculi dance. Well, I answered your question. Now it’s time for you to answer mine. Who killed Maes Hughes? Answer me, Homunculus.” Colonel asked, I was shocked at his question.

“Maria Ross. The one you burnt to a crisp,” Envy spoke, “Wrong. It wasn’t her.” Colonel spoke, “So you basically burned an innocent woman alive?! Nice one! You’re terrible. So, how did you explain it to her family? Did you cry and beg for mercy? Or did you perhaps refrain from saying anything because you were afraid of how furious they’d be?” Envy smirked, “Were you never taught to shut your mouth, moron?! I’m starting to get tired of asking you homunculi the same question. Simple state the truth, you moron! Who killed Hughes?” Colonel snapped.

Envy began to laugh manically, “Congratulations, Colonel Mustang! You finally found the real culprit.” Envy began laughing to himself, “I can’t imagine Hughes getting killed by a moron like you.” Colonel spoke, “Moron’? Morons are what you’d call… idiots like Hughes!” Envy changed into Gracia, “Who’d fall for dumb shit like this!” Envy smirked, all of our faces were full of shock. “Your face changed! I love that expression! Hughes had a great look on his face when I killed him too! Yeah, that face! The despair of being killed by someone who looks just like his beloved wife... It just was the best!” Envy grinned he was crazy. “It’s decided. You’re the one who killed Hughes. That’s all I needed to know. You don’t need to say anything else, Envy. Let’s start this by… reducing your tongue to ashes.” Colonel snapped.

“Scar, Fullmetal. Leave this place. He’s my prey!” the Colonel glared, “G-Gotche. Well then, we’ll leave this place to you and go on-” Jerso spoke, “Who gave you permission to pass?” Envy smirked, the Colonel snapped his fingers, Envy screamed in pain as smoke bellow out of his mouth, “Do you have the time to be speaking to others while facing me? It burns quite well, Envy.” Colonel glared at Envy, with such a serious look on his face I had never seen before. “Lieutenant, will it really be okay-” “Go, Edward. We’ll figure something out.” Hawkeye spoke, “But…” I spoke, “Go, Edward Elric. Don’t you have something you need to take care of?” Colonel spoke.

Darius walked over to me and put his hand on my head, “Come on, let’s go, Ed.” He spoke pulling me along, “Hey,” I snapped as he pulled me.

“The Colonel will be fine. Finishing off a homunculus should be a piece of cake for him.” Darius spoke, “That’s not the issue I’m worried about.” I spoke, “Huh? Then what is?” Darius asked as we continued walking.

“Yeah. I think its this way,” May spoke as we continued to walk onward, “These things look creepy.” Zampano spoke, “They’re almost like veins. I keep having this nasty feeling, like I’m having heartburn.” Darius spoke, “Not surprising. There’s a huge cluster of energy ahead.” May explained, “Cluster of energy?” Darius asked, “Would you get it if I described it as an insane number of people crawling about?” May asked, “No really, but I do understand that it feels disgusting.” Zampano spoke. “I’d hate to encounter an enemy in a place like this.” Jerso spoke.

I stopped and looked back after hearing a slight explosion, Scar looked back at me. “Scar, do you mind?” I asked, “Is this about the Flame Alchemist?” Scar looked serious, I just simply nodded. “Because I once lost my soul after engulfing myself in flames of revenge, I can understand well. If he goes on… he’ll end up reducing even his own heart with the flames of wrath.” Scar explained, we heard another explosion as I quickly looked back.