Status: updated layout, and summary (:

Existence

Adventures

Annabel
Image

Minutes turned into hours, hours turned into days, and day turned into months, and Alexander soon began to show signs of health. I returned to him daily to make sure he was acting normally. He had already began to show more emotion, and he had been speaking ever so simply, that she was certain he would be talking normally in the upcoming weeks.

"Annabel." Alexander said. I smiled at him and nodded, and he exchanged the gesture.

"Yes, I am Annabel. You're Alexander."
"I know I am, silly." he said in a sarcastic tone. I was surprised.
"Alexander?" I asked, "Alexander are you okay?"

He nodded, and chuckled. "Of course I'm alright. Where have you been?"

I gasped, and after a moment or so, I finally regained my elements. "You're alright?! Oh my goodness! I did it!" He seemed confused, and then stood up and walked into the kitchen on his own. He poured an icy glass of what looked like lemonade, and then returned to the table, only to push it toward me.

"Drink."

I raised my eyebrow, and looked down into the glass. The contents of the glass looked like a yellow gas. I took a cautious sniff, and the odor of caramel and fruit filled my nose. As I lifted it to my lips, I could immediately feel the frost creep onto my skin. I took a sip, and my tongue bustled with flavors such as peaches, cherries, strawberries, and peppermint. I set the glass down, and looked at him curiously. Alexander threw his head back and laughed, and for a moment, I wondered if I were hallucinating.

Why was he laughing at me? Had I done something wrong? Had he secretly slipped something into my drink? I was sure he hadn't, but then again, he could have been acting stupid the whole time, and really had been getting up while I was gone and plotting to kill me. He was probably going to make up some story about how I was dragged into the woods by centaurs and taken to an ogress, traded for gold, and eaten alive.

I quickly jumped to my feet. "What do you want with me!" I screamed at him. I suddenly felt arms pushing me to the floor, and I endeavored to get past them, but I was tackled to the floor. I closed my eyes, letting the darkness consume me. I calmed and tried to open my eyes. Having a difficult time, I finally felt air come into my body, and my eyes fluttered open to find myself on the floor, Alexander and James on top of me. The both looked afraid, and Alexander was slightly over my face.

"What... happened...?" I gasped. The two looked at each other, and then sighed. The pulled me to my feet, and led me over to the table. There was a new liquid in front of me, and they nodded as I reached for it.

"That's not a potion this time." Alexander said. I set the glass down, after taking a generous drink.

"Are you saying that other thing was a potion?"
"Yes."
"What were you thinking?" I demanded.

"I had to test you. I'm assuming James told you about the artifacts? I had to make sure you weren't an enemy. See, if you were, you would have tried to kill me. Instead, you were under the impression I was the enemy, so you were hallucinating that you were going to be killed. And now that I know you're not an enemy, I'll have to say that I approve. Thank you for nurturing me back to health. Now, James, I must return on my journey." Alexander looked at his brother, who was shaking his head.

"Annabel's going with you. She'll be a good aid."
"No, I don't think a lady like herself should be going on a dangerous mission like this. I need to find the key. I need to get statue." Alexander pleaded.

"So... you're saying thanks for nursing me back to health, but you can't come with me to find the artifact on your preserve?" I questioned. It made no sense. I had powers, and he was just a mere mortal for all I knew. I looked him over, and noticed his ears were slightly pointed and when he smiled, his upper second set of teeth were unusually sharp.

"Annabel? Excuse me? I just don't want you getting hurt. The caretaker is the heart of the preserve. Without one, it's hopeless."
"And what about my grandparents? The week it took to get here, it must have been complete chaos am I right?"
"Annabel, what happened to Hank and Moira?"

I swallowed hard, frustrated about the topic, and about how the bastard wouldn't allow a female on a mission. I found it offending, and I stared long and hard at him, gritting my teeth.

"They're dead." James finally said. The room was silent. The three of us didn't look at each other, and Alexander sighed.

"Annabel..." he said, but I stood up and walked to the door. Fausto waited outside, and behind me, James and Alexander began to argue. I ignored the yells, and I commanded Fausto to take me to the house. He picked me up, and hastily made his way to the house.

"Return to the manor." I said once he had set me down by the front door. He nodded, smiled, and turned to run back into the thick forest. I started to the massive front doors, and then decided that this would be the perfect chance to disappear and to look around some more. Over the last months, I had visited many regions, but never really had the chance to explore on my own, so why not now?

I traveled around to the back yard of the mansion, the manicured lawn under my feet. I tried to clear my mind and relax, but Alexander's words still rang fresh in my mind. Mortal or not, I didn't think that he could survive in the toughest of places like I could, not yet at least. He had just overcome a condition that was traumatizing him for an extended amount of time, and he already wanted to set out on some crazy mission where a girl with fairy powers couldn't go on?

To me, this situation was absurd. I nodded to myself, and continued across the lawn. As I looked up, I froze. There, far away in the distance, was the most enormous pyramid I had ever seen. I put my hand over my mouth. Why hadn't I noticed this before? I then realized that this must be either a mirage or it was a magic pyramid that only appeared during the day. Temptation was knocking at my door, but I decided to turn away and walk back to the house.

Fausto appeared at the end of the forest, Alexander and James in the cart he was pulling. I groaned, and started on my way to greet them, and as I was finally reaching the cart, I noticed they both looked frightened.

Image
soo, here's the next chapter :p
sorry its late, im just now starting to update,
so if you read my stories frequently,
they should be up soon :p
sub/comment?
dont be a silent reader