Sequel: Never Feel Afraid
Status: In the process of being re-written

Hold Her When I'm Not Around

Out

•Lexxie’s POV•

I hurriedly climbed back into my bedroom and ran over to the door, pressing my ear against the mahogany wood. Their voices, and more importantly their words, were too muffled for me to make out what was being said. I couldn't tell who was saying what. Only my mom's shrill voice was recognizable. But it was a loud thump that sent my body into a panic.

Foot steps..

I slowly backed away from the door and hid behind it, when it swung open. " Lexxie? " Someone whispered. A wave of relief coursed through me, when my aunt Val came into my vision. “ VAL! ” I shrieked. She jumped at the sound of my voice, pushing the door back, and pearing over at me. " Jesus, you scared me! What the hell are you doing back there? "

" I thought you were Aaron." I stated

She nodded and closed the door behind her.

“ Get some things together ok? "

" What? Why" I asked. " I'm taking you to your dad's." I nodded furiously and started packing as quickly as I could. There was so much I wanted to take. I was very much attatched to everything I had in my room. But I didn't have time to grab everything. I took only what was needed. Ok, and a few things I didn't...

I was done it about two minutes. I grabbed my two bags, purse, phone and phone charger and followed my aunt downstairs.

“ Boys! " Val shouted, when we reached the bottom of the stairs. My mom was in tears and my Uncle Matt was standing over an unconscious Aaron. All four of my uncles looked up." You couldn’t have waited five more seconds? ” She scolded.

" LEXXIE! ” I turned around and barreled into my dad. " It's gonna be ok baby, I promise." I buried my head into his chest and squeezed him tight. He only held on for a few seconds before bringing me at arms length. “ Go on out to the car. We'll be out in a minute. ” I nodded and followed Aunt Val outside. What happened after I shut the front door, I don't know.

But from the sounds of it, it was nothing good.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Re-written*