When Two Different Worlds Collide

Loser Like Me

"All of the dirt you've been throwing my way, it ain't so hard to take"

The alarm clock woke me up at an early 7 am. The sun is blaring through my windows. I grabbed my brand new Kin One to check my text messages.
None.
Well that's a first.

I turned on the T.V to the Weather Channel to find out that its supposed to be 85.
That's quite warm for a late September day.

I opened my closet to pull out today's outfit: a white jeweled tanktop, cut off shorts, and gladiators. I got dressed and fixed my hair and makeup. Once again, hair left to its long, naturally curly state. Eyeliner and mascara completed the look.

Forty five minutes passed, and I received a phone call. It was JP

"Hello?"
"Hey Hannah!"
"Hey JP! What's happening?"
"Not much, except you should go look outside."
"Why?"
"Just do it."

I ran outdoors to find Jean Paul and Alex outside in my driveway.
"Surprise!" Alex yelled.
"No Way!" I ran up to both of them, bringing them into a big group hug.
"I missed you guys!" I said
"Missed you too! We could not miss an After Effect show, especially when it's their first HEADLINING show!" JP said as I pulled away from the group hug.
"I'm so excited!" I said. I then looked at my phone at the time. "Holy crap! It's already 8?!?! I have to meet up with the band!
"Let's go!" Alex said.

We hopped into the rented SUV that JP and Alex had, and drove to meet the band.

~Several Hours later, around 4 pm. One hour until the concert.~

"Alright. What's our setlist?" Jay asked with enthusiasm.
"Same as always, except we need a new cover song. Something we can relate to." Andrew said
"I have some ideas. We have time for two, right?" I said
"Yes" Andrew said
"Just trust me. Let's go rehearse."

Time was quickly going by. I was getting more nervous than ever. It did not help that the boyfriend has not called or text me all day.

Holly Would... went on and killed the set, introducing an encore. How are we going to top this?

The time came. Time to perform. Still no word or sight of Brian.
"What's wrong?" Alex asked
"I haven't talked to Brian since yesterday after I picked him up from the airport. He said he was going to be here but he is a no show." I paused, then continued "He's probably busy with the band. I'll be fine."
"Alright. Kill them Hannah!" Alex gave me a huge hug. I returned with a "Thanks."

The band gets onstage, and performs. First cover is up.

I began to sing with the band to "Always" by The Bigger Lights

"It's a long way back from where we are, to where we used to be, when I'm haunted by the ghost of you in a place that never sleeps"

At that moment, I smile when I see those eyes that I've grown to love. Brian suddenly makes his way to the crowd with the rest of the band. I finish out the song, and rolled into the next cover song. "Loser Like Me" by Glee Cast

Just go ahead and hate on me and run your mouth so everyone can hear.
Hit me with the words you got and knock me down. Baby, I don't care.
Keep it up, I'm tunin' up to fade you out. You wanna be, You wanna be
A loser like me, A loser like me


The crowd loves us. We finished the set, and got called back for an encore.
First headlining show was a success!
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=30084034
^^^Hannah's outfit

I'll try to update more, I'm on Spring break :) but once again, Crew is taking over my life with morning and afternoon practice.

I guess its worth it because we got first place in Varsity four, Heat B :)