Status: slowly active

Misfit In Hollywood

We're Done, We've Begun

We were both silent for a few moments, and then Nick looked up at me, smirking.

"What?" I asked. I knew that look, and it meant trouble.

"So I was your celebrity crush at fourteen." He stated more than asked, and I blushed. "I thought you didn't know who I was?"

"Well…" I fiddled with the napkin on the table in front of me and then looked at Bree for help.

She shrugged. "You're on your own for this one."

"I thought you were a pretty cute item when you were fifteen." I admitted. "Even though you were shorter than me then."

He looked offended. "Boys grow slower than girls!" He told me, playing outrage.

"Sure they do." I rolled my eyes. "Just look at Justin. Now what are we going to eat?"

"Nothing." A voice from behind me said. "You're coming home with me right now."

I turned around to see Justin standing behind me, along with his mom and Kenny.

"Hey Kenny. Hey Aunty Patty." I smiled at them, and they smiled back, looking bored and tired from trailing Justin all over the place. I didn't envy them at all. I turned to Justin and frowned. "What are you doing here and why are you ordering me around?" I demanded, standing up and putting my hands on my hips.

He tilted his head to look up at me at my full height and I could see him wince a little, but the brave front came back on a second later.

"I'm your boyfriend and you’re here with another guy when you said you would be with me." He told me firmly. "Now come and there won't be any trouble."

"Trouble?" I asked in surprise. "Are you really threatening me?" I laughed. "Let's get this straight now. I could kill you if I wanted to. The only reason I'm dating you is because Bree is forcing me to for publicity. I love you like I would love a little irritating brother, but nothing more." I stepped closer to him and looked down at him. "And don't ever let me here you talk like you own me, because you don't. I am the only one who can tell me what to do. That's how it's always been, and how it will always be."

His eyes glinted and his teeth clenched. I had gotten him really mad. "Kenny! Mom!" He yelled. "Get Juliette. We're leaving." He turned to go but stopped when he saw that his mom and Kenny weren't moving. "What are you standing there for? Hurry up and get her!"

They stayed in there places and his mom spoke up.

"Justin, Juliette's right." She sighed. "You don't own her, and you definitely don't own me." She looked at Kenny. "You may be Kenny's boss but you don't own him either." She looked back at her son, who was looking defiantly at her. "And you need to learn how to treat people. You may be famous but you don't own the world." She sighed again. "And you're grounded."

"What?!" Justin's jaw dropped. "Mom?!"

Her face turned hard. "I am you're mother, Justin, and I just grounded you so deal with it." She turned to our table. "I'm very sorry for his behavior, Juliette."

I smiled. "It's not your fault." I turned to Justin. "I'm done with you." I sighed. "I would love to be your friend, but I just can't handle all of the drama that comes with being your girlfriend."

Justin bit his lip and looked at his feet, and when he looked back up at me his eyes were glassy. "So this is you breaking up with me?" He asked, with his lip sticking out like a four-year old.

"No." I wanted to save him his pride. "This is us deciding that we don't work as a couple and having a mutual break up."

He smiled at me. "Thanks, Ju." He turned to follow his mom and Kenny who had already left, but turned one last time to look back at me. "I'll see you around." He said, smirking.

"Bye, Jay-jay." I told him, waving.

He waved back and then was gone. I sighed and turned back to Nick.

"You don't know how happy I am for that to finally be done." I sighed. "I will always love that boy like a brother, but never like a boy friend."

Nick smiled. "I really want to see who he dates next. It seems like all of the girls he's dated have been out of his league."

I smacked him. "Nick! Be nice!" I smiled and batted my eyelashes. "We all know I'm beautiful but you don't need to be mean."

He laughed at me, and so did Bree and Noah. I had totally forgotten that they were in the booth with us. Bree hadn't said anything when I broke up with Justin, so I assumed that she was fine with it. The laughter died down and there was a comfortable silence. Being with Nick was so easy, and even though I hadn't known him long it was like he was already part of the family. He fit right in.

My stomach rumbled, breaking the silence. Just then the waitress popped up out of nowhere.

"I see someone's hungry." She said playfully. She looked around twenty, with brown hair and a friendly, cheerful smile. I liked her already. "My name is Alyssa and I will be your waitress for today. What can I get you?"

"Hmm…" I looked at the menu and then back up at her. "I really don't know. Do you have any suggestions?"

She smiled down at me. "Well it's only 10:30, so breakfast is still being served. Would you like the full plate breakfast? It has pancakes, waffles, bacon, eggs, and rice."

"That sounds delicious." I folded up the menu and handed it to her. "Thanks." My stomach rumbled again, and I bent down to poke it. "Shut up, will you?"

The waitress laughed. "I'll tell them to hurry up your order for you." She looked at the bump on my head. "Hey, do you want me to fix your forehead so you don't look like a zombie? Not that you look like a zombie, but…well you know what I mean." She laughed at herself. "I'm studying to be a make-up artist, so…"

"That would be wonderful!" I jumped up out of my chair. "Let's go right now!"

She laughed. "Okay. You go to the bathroom and I'll finish your family's orders. Sound good?"

I smiled. "Sounds wonderful." I walked to the bathroom with my security guard, and paused at the door. "Kent you can stay here. I'll just wait for Alyssa inside of the bathroom."

"Okay, Miss Charbonay. I'll only let the waitress in, and stop everyone else." He said, smiling kindly at me and positioning himself at the door.

"Thanks, Kent."

I had always liked Kent, he was like a second father to me, even though he was only twenty-four, Noah's age. He had been my head security guard since I was fourteen, and he went everywhere with me, trusting no one else to watch me. He let someone else watch me once and I ended up skinning my knee because a horde of fans attacked me. He never forgave himself for that. We talked about everything, and he admitted to me that he had a thing for Bree. I urged him to ask her out, but he was scared. He didn't want her to reject him, and he had a bad experience with his ex. I really hope that he could find the courage to ask her out soon. If he became my brother-in-law I would be completely stoked.

I opened the door of the bathroom and walked over to the mirrors. Looking at myself in the mirror, I winced. The bloody bruise on my forehead had gotten worse, and Alyssa would have to be a magician to cover it up. I poked it and bit my lip. It was very tender.

I heard the door open behind me, and turned around to see Alyssa standing there.

"I got all the orders, and they're making you're breakfast as we speak." She said cheerfully. Then she glanced at my forehead thoughtfully and brought out a small make-up kit out of her mini apron. "I think I have the perfect stuff to make that awful bruise invisible."

She pulled me into a door and over to a section of the bathroom I hadn't seen. It looked kind of like a dressing room and a changing room combined. I plopped down in one of the chairs in front of the mirror and looked around me.

"Wow. This place is nice." I admired it, looking around while spinning in the swivel chair.

Alyssa laughed and opened the make-up kit, lying everything down on the tabletop in front of us. She rapidly set everything up, and then turned me in the chair so I was looking at her.

"Ready to tackle this sucker?" She asked, picking up a make-up brush in one hand and some cover-up in the other.

"Totally." I smiled. I could tell that she had potential to be a great friend. "Let's get this thing covered up."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a totally sucky chapter. I'm sorry. I just updated so I wouldn't feel like I was doing every other story except for this one. Again, I'm sorry.