A Summer to Remember

One

I looked in the mirror. I was trying on my cap and gown for graduation. I couldn't believe that I was finally graduating. And I would be going to college at NYU, my dream college. There was only one bad thing: I would have to leave Jonathan.

Jonathan Samuel Cook, my boyfriend of 4 years. We started dating freshman year, and we've been inseparable ever since. Even when he'd go on short tours with his band, Forever The Sickest Kids, I'd go with them and help my best friend, and Kyle's girlfriend, with merch. No matter how hard someone tried to get me and Jonathan apart, it wouldn't happen. When we weren't physically together, we were talking on the phone or texting. We were the perfect couple.

"Hey babygirl." I smiled when I heard Jonathan's adorable Texas accent. I looked over at him, standing in the doorway of my bedroom. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, before standing on my tip toes and softly kissing his lips. He smiled and I let go of him. I went back to the mirror, looking at my graduation outfit. Jonathan walked over and sat on my bed. "I see you can't wait until graduation," he said as he picked up the dress bag that my gown came in. He set it back down in my moon chair when I sat on the bed beside him. "Actually, I can." He looked at me with a confused look on his face. "What do you mean Baby?" I looked down at my hands, that were fidgeting in my lap. "After graduation, I'm leaving," I said, my voice was cracking as I tried to hold back the tears. Jonathan wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him, while stroking my hair. "Deana, it's not like you're leaving the second you get your diploma. We have the whole summer together!" He kissed the top of my head, causing me to smile. I looked up at him, realizing he didn't have this cap and gown. "Where's your stuff? We have to go to the church!" He got off the bed and took my hand, helping me up. He got the dress bag that I would put my gown in after the ceremony and we walked out of my bedroom. He led me downstairs, to where I saw our friends; Catt, Kyle, Caleb, Marc, Kent, and Austin. Catt jumped off the couch and practically attacked me with a hug. "DEANA! WE'RE GRADUATING!" I giggled and she let me go. "I know!" Marc stood up and started walking to the door. "Come on guys! Our parents are gonna meet us there."

We all walked across the stage to accept our diplomas. Once the principal called everyone's names, he stood at the podium and looked at the whole graduating class. "Congratulations to the class of 2010." All the graduates jumped up and threw their caps in the air. I looked around, trying to find Jonathan in the crowd of celebrating teenagers. I saw all of our friends; Caleb and Austin acting like monkeys, Catt and Kyle showing PDA, and Marc and Kent jumping with the rest of the crowd. Suddenly, I felt Jonathan's hands grab my waist. I turned around, and before I could say anything, he kissed me. Once he pulled away, he rested his forehead on mine. I whispered, "I'm really gonna miss that." Jonathan backed up just a little, but didn't let go of my waist. "Who says you have to miss it? I'm going with you." I sighed. "Jonathan, you don't have a reason..." He let go of me and put his hand in his pocket. He nodded and pulled out a small black box. "Deana, give me a reason to go with you. I love you so much, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I started to feel my eyes get wet with tears of happiness, but I also laughed slightly, seeing how nervous Jonathan was. He got down on one knee. "Will you marry me?" He smiled and opened the box, showing a beautiful diamond ring. I felt tears roll down my face as I nodded, not being able to say anything. His smile grew and he stood up, slid the ring on my finger, and kissed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it! :)
Love ya!
-Catt.