I'm Feeling Things Are About to Change

I Have Strawberry Slushy Stuff On My Face

Luke and I stayed in the bathroom for almost an hour. No we weren’t making out… much. I just wanted to make sure Luke was all cool and calmed down before we went back out. But there was a soft knock on the door. I went over and unlocked the door to reveal Kirstie. She sent the two of us a weak smile before stepping.

“Is he ok?” she asked with a playful chuckle in her voice.

“Just a fat lip. It’s gotten better all ready,” I pouted while rubbing his arm, making him smile a toothless grin.

“Everyone left after that. They didn’t want another episode so,” she trailed off while shuffling her feet on the floor.

“I’m sorry,” Luke blurted out again while putting his head in his hands. He rubbed his face too, making his hat fall to the ground.

“No, Luke it’s not your fault. You were protecting your lover,” Kirstie cooed in a teasing way, making me roll my eyes.

It made Luke’s dimples appear though. She made my baby smile. I reached over and rubbed his thigh. A few seconds later, he brought his hands down and looked up at me. Those eyes… I always hated Kirstie’s little comment about brown eyes.Maybe it’s because I had blue and my boyfriend at the time had blue, but… Luke has the most gorgeous eyes… and they’re brown.

“I’ll wait for you two out in the living room. You look like you’re going to have a moment,” Kirstie taunted while closing the door as she left the tiny room.

I opened my arms for Luke and he slowly climbed off of the counter and pulled me in for the biggest hug. I wanted to stay in his arms forever. They’ve protected me like no one ever has before… maybe Jeremy. That thought just made me cling to him more.

“I’m not mad at you if that’s what you think,” I softly spoke.

“I thought you would be,” he replied, keeping his head on my shoulder.

“No… that was all Jimmy… you just defended me,” I smiled while stroking his curly hair that is usually hidden by a hat, but it still lay on the floor.

“I have to protect my baby girl from wankers like that,” he countered, making me giggle.

He drew his head back and looked at me with a confused look, but there was a smile there.

“Your Aussie-ness is so cute… even if I don’t fully understand it,” I smiled while playing with a curl that was sticking out on the side of his head.

He chuckled before reaching down for his hat and shoving it back onto his head. Once he had adjusted just how he liked it, he took my hand and led me out to the living room where Josh and Kirstie were all cuddled on the couch.

“Is my Aussie’s couch comfy?” I teased as Luke walked over to his big comfy chair and pulled me onto his lap.

“It is,” Kirstie sighed happily.

I rolled my eyes and rested my head on Luke’s shoulder. He countered by rubbing my side and leaving a kiss on my cheek. I smiled and clung to him tighter.

“That was exciting,” Josh said since no one seemed to have anything else to say.

“I can’t believe he would do that… in Luke’s house,” I blurted out. “Why’d he even come? Who invited him?” I kept going. I was going through my angry moment right now.

“I told Brian to invite the Mulisha. Try to be nice,” Luke sighed in an aggravated way.

“Luke, none of this was your fault,” Josh spoke up.

“But I feel like it was. I just wanted Ky to have a good night and… I end up fighting someone.”

“Ky, I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but… I think he needs a drink,” Kirstie giggled a little.

“I agree,” I smiled before getting up to make him his favorite.

It’s this pina colada strawberry daiquiri mix. It’s actually really good. I think it’s my favorite too, but this one was for Lukie… I made it a little stronger than it probably should be, but… he needed to chill out.

When I brought it back out to him, he smiled. He pulled me next to him before he took a sip. After he pulled it away from his lips, he pressed it again mine. It made me laugh and… made a few frozen chunks go everywhere. Of course everyone laughed.

“Ky, you got a little something…” Kirstie started through her laughter.

“Yes, Kirstie, I know. I have strawberry slushy stuff on my face,” I said, trying to be mad, but… I laughed too.

“Let me get that for you, babe,” Luke smiled while cupping my cheek with his rough hand.

He pressed his lips against mine, causing us to share a yummy kiss. Kirstie and Josh made kissing noises at us, but I just kept kissing my man. It’s our anniversary! And this kiss was extra yummy anyway.

“Can you breath?” Kirstie teased once we finally parted.

“No, but I like it,” I smiled while keeping my eyes on Luke’s.

“I do too,” he said softly, running his finger across my upper lip, collecting a little more of his drink and putting his finger in his mouth.

I don’t know why I found it so funny, but I laughed and rested my head on his chest. Kirste sent me a weak smile form her Joshie’s arms. They left a little later. I was glad. I just wanted to be with Luke right now.

“I’ll make tonight up to you, baby,” he said while stroking my hair.

“You don’t have to make anything up to me. Just hold me tonight,” I countered, rubbing his side.

“I can do that,” he grinned while tightened his grip around me and he made it to his feet.

I squealed as he lifted me up over his shoulder. My arms wrapped around his waist tightly as we started up the stairs. He even smacked my butt! Of course I returned it, making him yelp from the sudden surprise. It was cute. It made me smile.

When we got into his room, he lowered me onto the bed gently and went off to his closet. When he emerged, he tossed me one of his shirts… that said Parslow on the back. That’s not a big detail, but it made me happy. He smiled and bent down to kiss my cheek before he tugged his shirt over his head. I wanted to stay and enjoy the view, but I scurried into the bathroom to get changed.

But thankfully, when I came out he was still shirtless; just all cuddled up in bed. He smiled at me and opened his arms. I returned his smile before falling into his arm, comforting arms.

“I love you, Lukie,” I yawned while bringing my arms around his toned middle.

“I love you too, Ky,” he chuckled. I’ve never openly called him Lukie… but it makes him sound cute. As he left a soft kiss on my forehead, my eyes closed and refused to open anymore.

Tonight may have been crazy and… not how I thought my one year anniversary with Luke should have been, but… I’m glad it did. It showed me that I made the right decision a year and half ago. I’m with the right man and couldn’t be any happier when I’m in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D

Ky

comment?