Status: Slowly coming back to life.

It Is Just A Child's Game

Chapter Twenty-one

“Cahlen! Cahlen! Wake up! Wake up!”
Cahlen stretched her arms out and opened her eyes just a tiny bit. She stared at the woman who had become her best friend over the past four years. Her jet black was hair was a mess, covering nearly her whole face.

“Ugh. It’s too early! Let me get back to sleep!”

“Cahlen! Get up! I need you!”

And at those words Cahlen was wide awake. She looked at her best friend one more time. Bruises covered most of her face while a cut on her lip was bleeding freely down her chin. Immediately, Cahlen looked into her sea green eyes, and then she knew, something was terribly wrong, even worse than anything before.

“What’s wrong? What can I do?” Cahlen said as she scrambled out of her bed and pulled on a pair of jeans and a white babydoll top that was lying on the floor. “Where’s Frankie?”

“He is safe and sound in his room right now, but Kay…”

“What is it? What’s wrong? Please tell me!”

“I just need you to do me a favor right now, okay? A big one.”

“Of course! Whatever it is, I’ll do it for you.”

“I need you to go home…”

“What?”

“I need you to go back to Arizona and bring Frankie with you. Please, Kay. I know how much you hate it there, but I need this. I need him to be somewhere safe and far away. I need him to be with someone I trust and people who will love him. And even if you haven’t talked to your family in years, I know that they’ll accept you and hopefully, accept Frankie too.”

“But…”

“I have already bought the tickets and packed everything important. I just need you to take Frankie and catch your flight in three hours.”

“I can’t just leave you here!”

“I can’t go! I can’t leave here just yet. You know that! I can’t go with you and once you’re gone, I can’t talk to you or Frankie. I just need you to cut all contact with me or anyone else from here until I am sure that everything is good.”

“But, wait…”

“Cahlen, please. Just take my boy and go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! Sorry for taking so long to update again! School has been crazy. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the chapter! I know that John isn't here at all, but it is pretty important to the story. I wasn't able to find my old stuff on this story just yet, but don't worry! I am still working on it! I am trying to write another chapter and upload by tonight, so yeah, just wait and see!

Thanks for reading! :)