Off the Wall

Chapter 15

Christie looked straight up at Charlie who sitting on her lap. She began laughing. “Charlie, you’re too funny.”

“Good,” he said smirking. “I don’t like girls who fuck that easily.”

She raised an eyebrow and gave him an apprehensive look. “If you say so dude,” she said skeptically.

Readjusting himself, Charlie got off of Christie’s waist and sat at the opposite end of the couch. “What time is it?”

Christie yawned and sat straight up. “I don’t know. You don’t have your cell phone on you? If not, mine’s right,” she said, pointing to her pant pocket,

“As tempting as it is to stick my hand down your pocket, I’m guessing it’s late.”

“How do you know?”

“Look outside.”

“Oh,” she said. “Well I guess you’ll be leaving?”

Charlie frowned. “I guess.”

Christie’s face brightened up. “How ’bout you stay here tonight?”

Feeling jubilant, he excitedly nodded his head. “Do you have any pajamas or clothes I can wear?”

A spark was in Christie’s eyes and she wiggled her eyebrows. “Who said anything about clothes?”

Image

Tossing and turning, Charlie slowly opened his emerald eyes and his breath caught in his throat. Where was he? Then it hit him; he had stayed the night at Christie’s. Relaxing and feeling much calmer, he smiled. He felt high on life. No, he felt more high on Christie. The feeling that Charlie had right now was so overwhelming that in that exact, precise second, he decided that waking up in bed with Christie was the most priceless thing in the whole world.

Scratching his bare chest, he turned his focus to Christie. She was sleeping right next to him. She was wrapped tightly in the soft plush white sheets. Her chest was rising up and down with every breath she took. Reaching out his hand, Charlie delicately brushed a piece of her wispy blonde hair out of her face. The small gesture sent a fresh swarm of butterflies in Charlie’s stomach. And from that moment on, Charlie realized something.

He was head over heels for the woman lying next to him.