Off the Wall

Chapter 26

Christie arrived shortly at Charlie’s apartment in the next five minutes, even though it felt much shorter to Charlie. He barely had hung up his phone when Christie emerged in his apartment.

“Charlie!” She ran to him and jumped into his arms.

Charlie felt a ton of emotions all at once, it was as if a speeding train had just hit him head on. He put his lips up to her neck and kissed her. He then nestled into the nook of her neck and dreamily closed his eyes. “Mmm,” he muttered. Christie soon giggled, causing an odd vibration between their two bodies. Charlie gripped her body closer to his and began swaying them back and forth. Bringing his hand down to rub her leg, Christie giggled again and smiled cheekily.

“I don’t think you should do that,” she said cautiously.

Charlie laughed. When he had brought his hand down, he felt smooth bare skin. “Flaunting your usual skirt again?”

“You know you like it Charlie,” she whispered in his hair.

“Damn straight.” Charlie slowly shook her and released her. Christie smoothed out her skirt and began fixing her shirt when Charlie noticed the print on her shirt. “Christie, do you like Harry Potter by any chance?”

Christie’s blue eyes widened and she began bouncing on the soles of her feet. “Like would be an understatement. I fucking love Harry Potter!”

Charlie’s heart swelled. “I sometimes find it hard to believe that you are the older one in this relationship.”

Christie stopped jumping and looked at him. “You don’t like Harry Potter?”

“I do, Chris, I do. I have all the books and movies and I even have a Gryffindor scarf in my bedroom. I just thought that you being all excited was actually really adorable and precious,” he finished lamely, going crimson in the face.

“I went as Draco for Halloween one year,” she said laughing.

“You two have the same hair color.”

“I know! Anyway! I’m so excited to see the movie tonight.”

“Me too. But there’s only one problem with that,” Charlie slowly said.

Christie stared at him with a confused look. “What do you mean?”

“The movie doesn’t start until like seven or eight o’clock and it’s not even noon yet.”

“Oh, I know that Charlie. That’s why I figured that you could pick all the stuff we did and I could pick the major stuff at the end. Ha, you know, if you’re down with that.”

“I’m down with it,” he said smoothly. “Why don’t we just spend the day here? It would save both of us from spending money and shit.”

“Sound cool,” Christie replied back, nodding her head. She strained her neck and looked into Charlie’s bedroom. “Damn Charlie, did you have a party or something last night? Your bed looks a like a hurricane hit it.”

Charlie froze. Should he tell her the truth or just brush the comment off?

“Ah you know, Christie, just guy stuff,” he heard himself say, without even clearly thinking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boo on Charlie.

Thanks for the comments! :) They seriously make me smile and I appreciate all of you guys. <3