Status: I'll update as often as I can :D

Cause Baby, You're My Better Half

Lean

When I had finally stopped walking, it was twilight out. I was tired and couldn’t move another step, so I curled up in a ball in the moss, leaning my head against my knees and I fell asleep. My dreams were filled with wolves and Mathew was in it. I hadn’t thought about him really very much since the one time I’d seen him, but what he said about seeing me again did frighten me somewhat. I mean, he was a crazy and all, but the crazy ones tended to be the ones you needed to look out for, right?

I was woken up by a sudden rustling noise coming from my right side. I shot my head to the side and stared wide eyed at the white wolf with black splotches, staring back into its eyes. It was Embry; I’d seen him change into that giant wolf earlier.

“St-stay away,” I warned getting up slowly. He whimpered and back up behind the trees, out of my sight. I was about to let out a sigh of relief, when Embry came out of the trees, wearing only cut offs. I would have most likely oogled his (insert big number here) pack, but by knowing that he was a huge wolf, I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.

“Roni, can I talk to you please?” Embry asked slowly coming closer to me. I glared at him and scowled.

“No, stay away from me,” I hissed my fingers coming in contact with the bark of a tree behind me.

“Please Roni, please listen to me,” he begged stepping closer to me.

“Embry, I swear to God if you don't get the hell away from me, I'll kick your ass!" I yelled at him, backing up against a tree, glaring daggers at his overly large, adorable head. What, no I meant overly ugly head. God, get yourself together Roni!

"Please Roni, let me explain," he tried to persuade me. Bad idea buster. There were two things that I could not tolerate and those things are peanut butter and people trying to persuade me.

“Embry if you do not get the fuck away from me this very minute, I will go out and buy myself a shot gun and shoot off both of your knee caps and laugh like the witch from The Wizard of Oz, got it?” I continued to glare machetes’ that him while threatening. He stared at me with wide, hurt eyes, but I ignored it. I wasn’t going to let this…wolf get the better of me. No sir, not Roni Cooper.

“If-if that’s what you want?” he looked down at the forest floor, his big hands intertwining themselves. I almost felt sorry for him. Almost.

“Yes Embry, that’s what I want. Now, go.” I crossed my arms over my chest defiantly. He looked up once more before turning and disappearing into the deep, dark forest. As soon as he was gone, I slid down the tree trunk, feeling strangely empty. I didn’t know why, but it was like when Embry left, a part of me did, a very important part that helped my body to function.

“Why am I feeling this way?” I whispered letting my head fall onto my knees. I thought for a moment, but then lifted my head when I felt like I was being watched and I was. Standing not three feet from me was a women, a beautiful woman with deathly pale skin, brown clumps of hair and blood red eyes. She reminded me strangely of Mathew.

“Hello dear,” she greeted flashing her dazzling teeth.

“Who are you?” I asked placing my hands on either side of me, ready to jump up and run if need be.

“My name is Lean,” she smirked suddenly standing right in front of me. I couldn’t move, so I stared at her, eyes wide with fear. How did she do that?

“How did you do that? Why are you here?” I asked, than mentally slapped myself for asking the second question. Why would I want to know why she was there?

“Super speed, one of the many things that come from being a vampire,” she grinned swiftly sitting down in front of me. I stared at her, dumb founded. How could that be? I knew that in the legends there were the cold ones, but they couldn’t possibly be vampires could they? “And as to answer your second question, you.”

“What?” my brows knitted together in confusion. She laughed a light, bell laugh and shook her head, smiling at me.

“I’m here for you; to pick you up I guess you could say. I’m doing it as a favor to a friend of mine, Mathew. I believe you know him.”

“But why would he want me? I’m nothing special.” I raised my eyebrow, forgetting for the moment that she was a vampire.

“You’re his blood singer.” She saw my confused look and went on to explain. “In the vampire world, a vampire has a mate and sometimes those mates are humans. If a vampire’s mate is human, than the vampire is attracted to their blood. When Mathew first smelt you, he said it was so hard to resist draining you right then and there.”

“Wow, so it’s like he and I are meant to be together forever?” I felt like a crazy for asking that. What was happening to me? My common since told me that something was fishy about the whole thing and to get away from this girl and never look back, but this little voice in the back of my head saying that it was right. I wanted to listen to the first voice, but I couldn’t.

“Yes, that’s it exactly,” she beamed at me and moved a little closer. “So, will you come with me to be with him forever?” I wanted to say no, but again something pulled on my mind and I nodded my head. “Perfect, lets-” but before she could say anything else, a huge wolf popped out of nowhere and growled at Lean.

“Oh my God,” I whispered, staring at the stark white wolf with fearful eyes. I knew it had to be one of the guys, wither my brother or Sam or Jared or maybe even Tory. The wolf looked at me quickly, before its eyes darted back to Lean. He snarled at her and got into a position to pounce.

“Don’t do it dog,” I heard Lean mutter, but the wolf didn’t listen and pounced. Before I could even comprehend what was happening, I was in the wolf’s path and it as leaping onto me and not her. I was fumbled to the ground with a hard thud. I felt pain all over my body and as I stared up into the familiar eyes of my brother, black spots starting to fill my vision, and the last thing that filled my head before I blacked out was Embry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aparently my authors note was amusing last time, so I'll try and do that again...OMG guess what!?!?! I know that you are AWSOME!!! You wanna know how? Huh, do ya? Well, to bad! I know because your reading MY story!! Yeah, that makes you AWSOME in my book and my book's that only book that matteres. lol jk Twilight matter ;P)-Also I think it's pretty dark funny how the comments keep up with the subscriptions! haha that makes me laugh ^.^