‹ Prequel: Caught In The Middle
Sequel: Maternity Bedlam
Status: almost at the finish line

Captain Diapers

If I Fell

“I’m so frustrated.” I was telling Abby and Sunny as we were getting pedicures at the local nail salon.

We’re now a week into the New Year and all those sweet nights Jonathan and I have been sharing turned into a quick hello and off to bed. The Hawks are in a 5-game losing streak but that is no excuse to take it out on me. Gladly, I was able to share this with my boss and Sharpie’s wife.

“All he does now is just wanted to sleep and not talk to me. It’s like I’m talking to a rock.” I switched the controls of the pedicure chair so I can relax.

“I know what you mean.” Sunny added. “When my partner’s older sister was pregnant, her boyfriend was being a pain the ass. I’m sure he doesn’t mean it.”

“Patrick’s stressed out but he made sure he doesn’t take it out on me.” Abby added as she points to the employee which color she wants to use on her toes. “I’m sure Jonathan doesn’t mean that.”

“I know. It’s not just about the All-Star Game or the losing streak, it’s like I’m so stranger to him.”

“Candace, he adores you.” Abby placed her hand on my tense shoulder. “It’s probably only hockey stuff.”

“Yeah Abby. He only adores me.” I look down at my toes as the employee applies the nail polish on them. “But I don’t think he’s in love with me.”

“Candy, don’t say that.” Sunny smiled as she finally got off her chair after her toes were done. “If he didn’t love you, he wouldn’t be making surprise visits to the office to drop you off some penne or chocolates. He also wouldn’t be picking you up on his off-days.”

“Plus, the way he looks at you, it’s from a man who loves his wife.”

“It’s easy for you to say. It’s not like we fell in love, then got married, then become pregnant. With us it’s the other way around, only not sure about the falling in love part.”

“Well, are you in love with him?” I nod, finally admitting what I’ve been holding back for the past few months. “Then why don’t you tell him?”

“I do, in other ways. But he’s clueless.”

“Men are clueless.” Sunny giggled. “That’s why I prefer women. Why don’t you just say the words? It’ll make you feel better.”

“I need to stop being so whiny.” I bang my head back to the comfortable seat. “At least my toes are cute now. I miss having pedicures.”

I was on the couch watching the Hawks play against the Avalanche midway through the 3rd period. The Hawks were winning 3-1 with goals from Kane, Keith, and Hossa. Suddenly, I started to feel some pain. My doctor told me if this happen, it’s just gas. But suddenly I felt something moist down there. I walked over to the bathroom and saw a drop of blood on my panties. This couldn’t be happening, especially now. This pregnancy has been smooth until now. Starting to panic, I left a text on Jonathan’s phone before calling 911. I can’t lose this baby. I just can’t.

I’ve been waiting for my results in the past couple of hours as Jonathan finally rushed in. The look on his face says it all.

“Are you alright?” Jonathan rushed over and kissed my forehead. “Please tell me everything’s okay?”

“I don’t know. I’m just scared.” My eyes were beginning to water up but I know I have to be strong for our baby and Jonathan. “I can’t lose our baby.”

“We can’t lose this baby, Candace.” He pressed his lips onto mine. He looks as though he put anything on and rushed here. “I’m sorry if I’m being such a prick lately.”

“Don’t be. I should be the one who is sorry. I was being a whiny hot mess and I--” He kissed me again, this time with a lot more passion that I thought. “You haven’t kissed me like that in a while.”

“If anything happens, I want to let you know that I love you.” He whispered as our foreheads pressed each other. “I know I haven’t told you that but I do.”

“I love you too, Jonathan. I don’t know why it took us this long to say it.” At that moment, the doctor came with a chart on her hand.

“You and your son going to be fine.” She smiled as she looked at us. “You do need to relax because the stress isn’t good for the baby.”

“Wait, did you say ‘son’?” Jonathan asked as he looked up.

“It’s a boy. I thought you already knew.”

“Actually, it’s good that we know. Thanks.” I look down at my bump and hugged it knowing he’s okay in there. “Wow we’re having a son.”

“He better be ready because his dad is going to give him the biggest hug.” I never seen Jonathan cried but this was a Kodak moment waiting to happen. He’s such a cheeseball but I love him.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's the shortest chapter I've done but we need them to admit they love each other. Now we have some fun and happy times coming up. Plus, at least that will cheer some Hawks fans as they lost last night against the Devils. Have fun with the comments and start picking out boys names!

Stuff
Nail Salon and ER
Baby Tazer @ 25 weeks