‹ Prequel: Caught In The Middle
Sequel: Maternity Bedlam
Status: almost at the finish line

Captain Diapers

A Pocket Full Of Surprises

“You didn’t have to pack up for me.” I told Jonathan as we were in the taxi. “We’re only going to Ottawa for a few days.”

“Well I wanted you to focus on work and let me do the rest.” He smirks as he placed his arm around me. He surprised me at work earlier today with my weekend bag on hand so we can head to the All-Star Game in Ottawa. While I’m used to subzero weather back in North Dakota, I wasn’t too interested of eating Beaver Tails and staying at the hotel while Jonathan is doing his media rounds. However, Jonathan insisted that we should use this time as a mini-honeymoon since we never had one when we got married in September.

“Johnny, I thought we’re flying on Air Canada.” I look out the window and see we’re at the terminal that carries American Airlines.

“That’s because we’re not going to Ottawa.” We got out of the taxi and I look to see this was for domestic flights. “We’re going to Florida, Candy.”

“Florida? But what about the All-Star Game?”

“It’s just one game. Heck, if Coach Q decides to sit me for one game because I decided to skip some event to please Bettman, then I don’t care. I want some time with my wife.” He placed a kiss on my freezing head as I smiled. “Oh and so you know, we’re not going to Disney World.”

“Good because I don’t like Orlando.”

The flight said it was heading to Miami but in reality we’re heading to Key West. Jonathan said he never really taken a vacation before but there’s always time for a first. To make sure I was alright on the flight, he brought extra bottles of water from the gift shop and a pillow. Since our scare a few weeks ago, he’s been doing all he can to take care of me.

We’ve made it to our hotel in Key West around 9pm but neither of us wants to go sleep yet. I was surprised he can carry me across the threshold as we entered our villa. It was a 1-bedroom villa that faces the beach, perfect for someone who needs some privacy.

“It’s beautiful.” I look around the room as I sat on the bed. “You didn’t have to do all of this.”

“But I want to.” He kneels beside me that derpy face that I met years ago at college is still there. “And I’m going to make sure we’re going to have a great time here. You know you always been beautiful, even back then. But now, you just take my breath away.”

“You’re such a derp.” I lean forward and kissed his forehead. I look into his brown eyes and wonder will our son have his intense brown eyes or his derpy smile or his dry wit. “I love you.”

At that moment, Jonathan got up and started to remove his sweater and threw it on the floor. That was followed by his t-shirt and his jeans. I was enjoying his striptease as we’re treating this as our honeymoon, not a couple of days away from Chicago. He took my hand and got me on my feet before starting to strip me down to my bra and panties. We haven’t had sex in several weeks but tonight we’re going to make it up for lost time. This time, we’re planning on making love all night long. No hockey. No cases. No family or friends. Just us and our growing little one in this villa.

“I love you too, baby.” He whispered as he lean down to kiss my hungry lips.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We spent the next couple of days relaxing on the beach and having a great time. Even though the weather isn’t as hot as it is during the summer, Jonathan was able to get a decent tan. I felt weird wearing a bikini when I’m more than 6 months pregnant but Jonathan didn’t mind at all. As a matter of fact, he loves rubbing my bump whenever he gets the chance. If we weren’t on the beach, we were in our room, making love and enjoying being together. It felt natural, like we were supposed to be like this.

On our last night in the Keys, we were laying naked on our bed, letting the breeze settle into the room. I hate that we need to return back home but those few days away brought us closer together. Plus, I loved the idea of Jonathan walking around naked. Something about his butt makes me be all hot and bothered.

“You look like a Goddess like this, Candace.” Jonathan smiled as he teased the small of my back with his fingertips. “Like a sea version of Lady Godiva.”

“That’s a first, Mr. Badunkadunk.” I giggled as I look at his butt behind him. “Besides, I do want some Godiva Chocolates.”

“I’ll keep that in mind once we’re back. I thought of a name for our boy. I hope you like it. Camden sounds cool, don’t you think?”

“It does. How about Camden Glenn Toews? If we were having a girl, I wanted to name her Glenda after my mother but since it’s a boy, I want to add Glenn somewhere.” At that moment, I felt a slight kick from him. I guess he likes the name. “We have ourselves a winner.”

“Hey Cam.” Jonathan whispered as he moved his hand from my back to my bump, saying hello to our son in there.

The flight back to Chicago was very relaxing for us. We knew we were coming back to a city that was hit with heavy snowfall, so we decided to make what’s left of our trip before leaving the plane. When we made it back to the condo, I saw a little note at the door saying to come in. Our home has been decorated with fresh flowers and candles all around. I wondered who did this while we were gone.

We’ve noticed a trace of pedals that led to the guest room so we walked there to see the door was slightly opened. The room was decorated and set up for our little boy, even the teddy bears and a miniature Toews jersey are set up by the crib. Jonathan went over to the crib to see a note in there. Apparently his parents, my dad, Mallory, and TJ set up the room while we were in Florida.

“Hey I didn’t know they were going to come over.” Jonathan acted all innocent when I knew he had something to do with this. “Honest.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So we have a name for our baby Tazer. I thank Rylie for the suggestion! So we nearing towards the due date. Who's excited?

Stuff
Baby Cam @ 29 weeks
Jonathan & Candace's honeymoon
Baby Cam's nursery