‹ Prequel: Caught In The Middle
Sequel: Maternity Bedlam
Status: almost at the finish line

Captain Diapers

Party At Mackinac Island

“Two years ago, we were here to party after Candace made a life changing decision of not marrying someone.” Mallory started her speech as we look on from our sweetheart table with a smile on her face.

It’s odd that we’re back here in Mackinac Island for another wedding. This time around, it was our vow renewal. Jonathan made sure that we get married again at the same place our lives changed forever. While the wedding with Brayden was a high society affair, this was more laid back. Our families and friends were all here, whether they’re from Winnipeg, Grand Forks, or Chicago.

I look at Skylar and how much she has matured in the past year now she’s in college. She is still with that boyfriend from her Senior year and doing very well in UM. She hopes to make the US Olympic hockey team when she attends camp next week.

I look at my father, who is beaming with pride while holding on to little Cam on his lap. Daddy’s enjoying being a Grampsy to Cam. As a matter of fact, he started taking some courses to keep himself busy in between sermons and calling us every other day.

My little boy looks so cute in his outfit. We felt a tux is too much for 15 month old child so we put him in a cute outfit. Cam’s grown to have a mixture of us. He’s got Jonathan’s nose, ears, and derpy expressions while having my blue eyes, sandy blonde hair and my personality.

Finally, I look at my sister, who is still on a high after marrying TJ a few weeks ago back at Grand Forks. It seems as everything is full circle for everyone here. We’re back at the same place where we told Daddy that we’re not little girls anymore, where Mallory and TJ proclaimed their love, and where Cam was conceived.

“I said a few things on my speech, some I bare not to repeat again because I don’t think my father will like it.” Mallory continues with a glass on her hand. “However, one thing I said stood out was that I hoped Candace would find a man who appreciates the real her. So here we are today, honoring that, even though she and this man married 6 weeks after I’ve made that speech. They say that people find the right person when they least expected. In their case, it took them 6 years. But those 6 years were worth the wait. Not only do you see that in their eyes, but you can see it on the eyes my adorable nephew, Camden.

“Now I can go all mushy and sweet because this is a wedding reception but instead I’m going to keep it real. I really love you guys and I’m so glad you found each other. So to Jonathan and Candace, may you continue to be the most cutest and wonderful couple and parents out there. Now can I get a ‘Go Hawks Go’?” She walked over to Jonathan and I and gave us a hug.

The reception was as festive as the one Mal threw for me a couple of years ago as everyone was on the dance floor. Heck, even Patrick Kane started to break dance on the middle of the floor, in which Cam was trying to replicate.

We were relaxing on the couch of our suite after the reception was over. Cam was staying with Bryan and Andree for the night before Mallory and TJ takes him to St. Louis for the week while we’re on our honeymoon in Key West. Being in his arms was more than enough for me.

“So is it everything you hoped for?” Jonathan whispered as he was teasing my neck.

“Everything and more.” I smiled as I got up and started to unzip my wedding dress, the same dress I was about to wear for the other wedding but gladly saved it for this one. I walked over to the door to make sure that “Do Not Disturb” is outside and the doors are lock. Nothing is going to disturb us now from being together.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's all folks! :) Hope you enjoyed the 2 stories as much as I did. Thanks for everyone who left comments either here on Mibba or on Tumblr!

Stayed tuned as I have my Drew fic being updated. Leave some love there!

Once again thank you everyone and love you all!

Stuff
Jonathan's outfit
Candace's wedding dress
Cam's outfit
Wedding reception