‹ Prequel: Caught In The Middle
Sequel: Maternity Bedlam
Status: almost at the finish line

Captain Diapers

Everything's Falling Into Place

“Aren’t you all ready to cheer for daddy?” I cooed at Cam as I placed his mini jersey on. “Aren’t you?”

“He’s just as serious as Jonathan when he was a baby.” His mother Andree said as she was helping me put Cam’s sneakers on. “I’m sure he’s going to enjoy this game.”

Tonight was Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Hawks are up 3-1 and could clinch the title tonight on home ice. The past 9 weeks since Cam came to our lives have been both exhausting and exciting. We would alternate nights so the other would get some sleep. Jonathan’s not used to waking up in the middle of the night but was a pro when he goes over to cradle Cam. Good thing I have Cam’s milk ready for him just in case Cam’s hungry in the middle of the night.

Even with all the crying, the diaper changing, and the cradling, he was worth having around.

“I never got a chance to say how sorry I was when I first learned you were married.” Andree grabbed Cam and held him. “Jonathan’s a smart boy and I trust him on what kind of girl he will choose. In time, I see why he chose you. He definitely loves you and Cam is the evidence of that.”

“Thanks, Andree. I know things were odd but I’m glad it worked out okay. I’m so nervous for Johnny.” I took Cam from Andree and help him in my arms. “Getting a chance to play for the Cup again.”

“He’ll know what to do. We should head out. Bryan and David are waiting at the arena.” Andree and I walked out of the condo, hoping this will be the last night Jonathan would have to play hockey for a while.

At the game, I was sitting with Jonathan’s family with Cam on my lap. Base on his cooing and smiling, he’s enjoying the game. He’s also happy to have some company of Parker Sharp, Patrick and Abby’s son who was born a couple of weeks after Cam. They even gave each other an infant fist pump.

After goals from the two Patricks, Hossa, and Johnny, the Hawks won the game 4-1 and won the Stanley Cup. The excitement inside the United Center was so loud; I had to make sure I covered Cam’s ears before starting to cry on my chest again. I’ve made it to ice level so I can join in the celebration. When we made it down there, Jonathan gave me a passionate kiss before giving Cam a kiss on his forehead. Then he took Cam into his arms and lifts him up. We took some pictures, including placing Cam inside the Cup. Not only we’re debuting Cam to the media, but it was the first time we stepped out publically together since the marriage rumors started at training camp. The media knew he got married but never had a picture of us together until now.

Andree took Cam home so we can celebrate the Cup with the rest of the team. While this was the first time we went together since Cam was born, we couldn’t wait to go back to the condo to be with Cam. Once we were there, we noticed the condo was silent and saw David sleeping on the couch. I turned on Cam’s nightlight in his room and walked over to him to see if he’s okay. He was sleeping very peacefully but I noticed something on his bodysuit. When I read what it said, my mouth dropped.

Mommy, will you marry Daddy?

“Is Cam okay?” Jonathan whispered as he walked into the nursery. My mouth continued to stay open as I was shocked of what I read. “I guess you read Cam’s suit.”

“But Johnny--” He quiet me by leaving a soft kiss on my lips.

“Winning the Stanley Cup was amazing. Winning Olympic gold was just as nice. But nothing can replace watching Camden coming into the world.” He brushed my blonde hair back before going on one knee. “I promised you on our wedding day that once Cam was born; I’ll give you the wedding of your dreams. So I’m asking you again in front of our son to marry me all over again?” He pulled out a ring from his pocket and looked up at me. “Candace Toews, will you marry me?”

“You betcha!” He placed the ring on my finger as he got up and kissed me. At that moment, Cam started to cry as we both attended to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww we're down the home stretch. With all the drama between the last 2 stories, I'm glad everyone's enjoying it. Time to party in the last chapter. :)

Stuff
Going to the Hawks game
Engagement Ring
Cam's bodysuit