‹ Prequel: Caught In The Middle
Sequel: Maternity Bedlam
Status: almost at the finish line

Captain Diapers

OH MY GOSH!

I look out on the window as the plane was arriving on the gate in Grand Forks. Jonathan bought me a ticket to fly round trip from Chicago to Grand Forks so I can tell my father and come back. I called Skylar when I was in Minneapolis to pick me up at the airport so things wouldn’t be awkward when I see Daddy.

I didn’t want to leave. We spent the rest of Friday in our hotel room, ordering room service and enjoying each other. We learned a lot about each other in the two days we spent inside that suite. Plus, morning sex by the window was very hot. When he came back from his first day at training camp, I’ve made sure he was perfectly clean for me. It was fun to be married to him.

I carried my weekend bag off the plane and headed to the exit. I gave my little sister a hug before heading into the car.

At dinner, Daddy was talking about his usual Sunday chatter about church and how he might join a bowling league and want us to join along. I need to find a way that I’m here to pack up my things and moving to Chicago.

“Dad, I don’t I would be joining that league.” I dropped my fork, not in the mood for Salisbury steak.

“Why not? You’re a great bowler. You always like going to the bowling alley.”

“Yeah… to check out boys.” Dad gave me a funny look as I felt this was my cue to tell him. “I’m actually here to put my stuff into storage. I’m moving out of here.”

“Ah so that was your quick trip to St. Louis was about.” Dad smiled as he dropped his fork. “You can keep an eye on your sister while finding a job there. Heck, maybe there’s a better Law School in Missouri. You can even transfer there. This is such a great idea, Candace. The last thing I need is for Mallory to come up here for Thanksgiving or Christmas and tell me that she and TJ are expecting. Don’t get me wrong, I like TJ. But at least if she has you around, you can keep her on check.”

“She’s 23 years old, Daddy.” I pointed out to him as I was starting to feel nauseous. “She is very capable of taking care of herself.”

“Oh by the way, nice necklace.” Skylar pointed out the necklace with the wedding ring on it. “It’s so… sparkly.”

“Thanks.” I blushed as I need to find a way to head to the bathroom.

“Oh Candace, I’ve heard the craziest rumor this morning.” Skylar placed her juice down as she looked at me. “Apparently, Jonathan got married. Someone from church said she was checking that sleazy puck bunny forum and said that someone’s friend saw him with some girl at the clerk’s office on Wednesday. Either those idiots are desperate for some crazy Johnny news or he went off the deep end.” At that moment, my dinner came up and landed on Skylar’s foot. “Eww.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I’m lying down on Skylar’s bed as I see her pacing around her room. Ever since I’ve moved out of the house, she moved into my bedroom. Off went the Backstreet Boys and Jessica Simpson posters and up went Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, Liam Hemsworth, Glee!, and various members of Team USA.

“Okay, shoot!” Skylar placed her hands on her waist as she was getting restless. “I know something is up, Candace. That necklace isn’t cubic zirconia, let alone came from Walmart.”

“I never said anything about Walmart.”

“Whatever. You threw up on my flip flop!”

“Sorry.”

“Something is up if you’re wearing a necklace that has diamonds and throwing up during dinner. Plus Mallory kept on texting me wondering if you’ve made it back home alright. I don’t think neither of us can cover for you anymore. So shoot!”

Golimar!

“Don’t golimar me!” Skylar checked her phone and walked over to her Mac. “Apparently Mallory wants to know too. She just text me wondering if you were here and that we can chat on Skype.” She turned on her Mac and logged onto Skype to reach my sister in St. Louis. “Hi, Mallory!”

“Hey, Skye.” I see Mallory on Skylar’s monitor. She was sporting major sex hair, most likely from TJ. “Where’s Candace?” I waved at her but she gave me a funny face. “Okay why the heck aren’t you answering my phone calls? What did Jonathan say?”

“Jonathan?” Skylar looked at me. “But I thought you were… OH MY GOSH!” Her mouth dropped; shocked that she figured it out.

“Skylar, what’s up?” Mallory looked at Skylar from her monitor. “You knew Candace was pregnant?” By the looks of her face, she didn’t. “Oh. I guess not.”

“You… Jonathan…. Baby… married?” Skylar was trying to comprehend some words as both of them were looking at me.

“Married?” Mallory mouth dropped. “You and Johnny… OH MY GOSH!”

I finally fess up to my sisters about what was going on. I explained to Mallory that if I would’ve picked up the phone, she would’ve talked me out of it. Meanwhile Skylar tried to figure out how and when Jonathan and I got together. Despite their questions and concerns, they were happy for me.

“Are you sure this is what you want?” Mallory asked. “I don’t want to see the both of you get hurt.”

“We’re doing what’s best for the baby. Promise you won’t tell anyone until Johnny and I tell Daddy and his parents.”

“I won’t.”

“He is downstairs you know.” Skylar pointed to the door as I placed my head on her shoulder. “You can’t hide your pregnancy until you’re ready.”

“Just until the end of the first trimester is done. I want to make sure everything is okay.”

“You have to move fast because if it’s on the sleazy forum, eventually the mainstream media will pick this up. You have to be prepared for that. This isn’t just any hockey player. It’s Jonathan freakin Toews… who is now my brother in law!”

“Skylar’s right.” Mallory added. “You need to find a way that you can wait at least until Thanksgiving to tell everyone without your privacy being compromised.”

“It’s already compromised if it’s on that stupid puck bunny forum. We have to continue to tell Daddy that I’m living in St. Louis with you. And then when we’re ready, we’ll let the world know. But now please let’s keep it between us. Krause Honor.”

“Candace, you’re a Toews now.” Skylar corrected me. Yes, I am a Toews now… a very nervous Toews. “Then again anyone’s better than Nick Carter.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The readers demand this and the reader will get rewarded! :) So the sisters know about this but will the rumor spread like wildfire now the rumor is on the internet? I wanna hear it from you guys (by the way stick tap to Rylie and Nic for comments).

New Characters (even though they are returning)
Skylar Krause
Harold Krause

Stuff
Back in ND
Skylar's bedroom