‹ Prequel: Caught In The Middle
Sequel: Maternity Bedlam
Status: almost at the finish line

Captain Diapers

Man and Wife

Candace Toews.

I am no longer Candace Krause. I’m Candace Toews.

I look at the simple platinum band on my left finger and thought how five days can change your life. It started with a simple trip to the pharmacy and ended in the bathroom of the Peninsula.

When we left the clinic, we headed to the county clerk office to take out a wedding license. We picked up a couple of rings for ourselves and headed back to his condo. In less than 24 hours, we found an officiant to conduct the ceremony at the Grand Suite of the Peninsula Hotel in downtown. City Hall would be too obvious for fans and anywhere outside would be too risky, so we rented out the suite for the night. Mallory called a couple of times last night but chose not to pick up the phone. If she catches wind of what I’m about to do, she’ll convince me to not go through this. I’ll make sure to call her sometime tomorrow once Jonathan’s at the rink for training camp.

I look down at my dress that I bought at Forever 21 as I walked into the hotel. In a few weeks, I won’t be fitting any of their “size S” clothes anymore. Goodbye juniors section, hello maternity. I’m sure they make really cute stuff instead of those old fashioned Moo-Moo dresses.

We pulled two room attendants who can’t speak much English into the suite to be our witnesses. The ceremony is going to take no more than a couple of minutes so it didn’t kill them to stay and sign the paper before going back to work. Deep down, I felt bad that Daddy, my sisters, or his parents weren’t there. From what Mallory told me, he’s very close to his parents and David. I’ve seen David around campus a few times during my final year at UND but never was close to him.

The vows were exchanged, the papers were signed, and a kiss was sealed; we are now husband and wife. Never in a million years had I thought my husband would be Jonathan. After pushing Mallory to go back with Jonathan and stating they were the perfect couple, I am married to him.

“Candace, are you okay in there?” Jonathan knocked on the door as I continued to look at myself in the mirror. “You’ve been in there for a while.”

“Coming out.” I placed my dress behind the door and looked at myself in the mirror. My peach bra and thong set I was planning to wear on my wedding night with Brayden is on but I know Jonathan would approve this more than Brayden will.

When I opened the door, I see the room now decorated in candles, despite being early afternoon. We only have one full day together before he starts training camp and I return back to Grand Forks to tell Daddy what I’ve done. I look at Jonathan’s back and took notice what the man I have married. When we met, he was scrawny and while he will fill out throughout the years, I never really notice until now. His butt was bigger than I thought but that’s because he’s not wearing shorts or swim trunks. His body was absolute perfection, compare to Brayden’s average body with chest hair. I didn’t deserve all of this.

“Wow.” Jonathan looked at me as I was the present he’s been hoping for underneath the Christmas tree. “Hello, wife.”

“Wife. Sounds weird out of your mouth.” I started to blush like a virginal bride, even though I’m anything but virginal. “You decorated well.”

“I wanted to make sure you felt comfortable.” He took a few steps to a point our bodies are touching. “I know this is not what you wedding day would be like but I promise you,” he lifts my chin to look at him. “After our child is born, I’ll give you the wedding of your dreams.”

“This is so surreal. I remember what Mallory said at the reception saying she hopes I find a man who truly appreciates me.”

“I do appreciate you, Candace.” He leaned forward and kissed my forehead while teasing my back with his finger tips. “You may think I’m some dork who plays hockey for a living but I’m a lot more than you think.” He started to breathe on my neck as he played with the clasp of my bra. “I know that night at the reception everything was rushed. But right now, I want to enjoy you… please you… consume you.”

I look up at Jonathan and saw how intense his brown eyes were. He leaned forward and kissed my neck, teasing it with his tongue. I let out a moan as he started to move down my neck and into my collarbone. When he got on his knees, he wrapped his arms around my waist. I look down to see if he was going to go lower but instead he started to kiss my navel.

“You look beautiful, Candy.” He whispered as he continued to leave kisses on my flat tummy. “Even more than you’re carrying a part of me inside of you… a part of us.” He got up and grabbed my face, making me stare at him. “I’ve wanted you for so long. It’s always been you.” He grabbed my face towards him and pressed his lips onto mine. I’ve heard he was a great kisser but this was more than I bargained for. We fell onto the bed as we continued to kiss, completely letting Jonathan make me his wife.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“You’re not as serious as I thought.” I giggled as I lay on his chest. “As a matter of fact, you had some cute faces during sex.”

“A lot of people made fun of my expression during that ‘Questions Will Be Answers’ ad.” He laughed as he relaxed on the pillow. “Some fan girls even called it ‘having a Tazergasm’.”

“‘Tazergasm’? You have a name for your facial expression?’”

“It’s the fan girls! I have to say this but maybe that whole bouquet and garter thing is true. We did catch the bouquet and garter as Mallory’s friend’s wedding a couple of years ago.”

“Who would’ve thought that rings true?” We laughed as we relaxed in bed. Tomorrow, I will face Daddy but tonight belongs to Jonathan… my husband.
♠ ♠ ♠
So they finally did it! But how will everyone react of them eloping? Seems like every time I said I won't post until the next day, BOOM... another chapter! Leave some love and baby Tazer name suggestions. :)

Stuff
Wedding day in Chicago
Wedding night
In his boxers... thanks Tumblr
Tazergasm/Questions Will Become Answers moment