An Unexpected Proposal

Hannah's Plan

-Madison’s POV-

“Oh my gosh Hannah, we got meet and greets for the Fall Out Boy concert next week!!” I was so excited I could barely keep from yelling while talking to Hannah on the phone and walking through campus.

“You’re kidding, don’t play with my emotions like that. Are you serious?” I can hear the excitement in Hannah’s voice.

“You know I would never joke about something like that. I can’t believe that we are actually going to get to meet them,” My thoughts began to wander to my German exam I was about to take. “Han, I’m gonna have to call you back later. I’ve gotta go take this German exam, but I’ll call you later!”

“Ok, good luck and try not to be too distracted! Bye!”

“Thanks, bye!” I can’t believe we are finally going to get to meet them, being an Overcast Kid has finally come in handy, man this exam is going to suck but at least I have something to look forward to!

Two days before the concert

Hannah and I decided that since we would be meeting our favorite band this weekend that called for a new outfit, we’ll use any excuse to go shopping.

“Maddy, we need to make this memorable.”

“I know! There is no way that I will forget this.” I never thought we would be meeting them and how would I ever forget it?

“No, I mean we have to make sure they remember us. We have to do something crazy or say something that will make them remember us!”

What is she talking about; it’ll be enough for me not to go teenie on them when we meet them much less making a game plan. “I don’t know about that, maybe we should just focus on controlling ourselves. We’re 21 Han, we should be past that and just be happy we’re meeting them.”

“Ok, maybe I will come up with something and just not tell you until we get there, but in the mean time you should definitely wear that shirt.”

The day of the Concert

I am so excited to meet the guys I could hardly sleep last night and even thought we had gone shopping I still had no idea what I was going to wear so I packed a bag to take with me and met up with Hannah to drive over to the show. On the way there I had butterflies in my stomach, I could not believe that I was going to meet a band that inspired me so much over the last few years. The meet and greet was before the show and I was particularly excited to meet Patrick, I had always been amazed at his talent and admired his shy and humble nature, not to mention I had a crush on him that I was not fully willing to admit to but Hannah was fully aware of it. I just kept telling myself to keep it together, whatever you do don’t go teenie!

“We’re here! Are you ready to go meet the guys Maddy?”

“You have no idea… Wait, yes you do. Just promise me we will behave ourselves?”

“You know I can’t promise that, and anyways I may or may not have a plan…”

“What??? I told you not to!”

“Oh well, here’s Charlie! There’s nothing you can do about it now! Hahahahaha! Let’s do this.”

That laugh was evil and it makes me very nervous, I hope she is not going to embarrass me too much. Sometimes Hannah can get carried away with her “ideas” and what may seem like a good idea to her is usually not a good idea to everyone else. There’s nothing I can do but worry about me not freaking out when we get there, I need to be cool, calm, and collected.

Charlie is doing his head of security bit letting us know whose the boss, “Do not take pictures, we will do that. There are absolutely NO HUGS! I don’t care if it’s your birthday, NO HUGS!” Then we start to go into the meet and greet area, there’s five people in front of us and about 20 behind us. We start to go through the line for them to sign things, I keep telling myself do not go teenie, do not go teenie! I see Amber pulling a not out of her pocket. It’s probably something for Pete in hopes of him noticing her and asking her back to the bus for a little one on one, that would make her life. Patrick is first and I manage to completely control myself except for my slightly shaky hand.

“Hey how are you?” He’s so great.

“I’m great thanks, what about you?” I’m really thinking oh my god this is amazing, don’t flip out, don’t flip out.

“I’m doing ok, I’m really glad it’s not raining anymore. Outdoor shows in the rain are not exactly fun.”

“I bet. I can’t wait for the show!” That was lame, I get my 30 seconds to make an impression and that’s the best I can do?? I move down to Andy, then Joe, then Pete which all went about the same way. Hannah is behind me in line and I see her slip Pete a note, he reads it then looks at me then back at her and nods with a massive grin on his face. I wonder what that was all about?

“What was that with Pete about?” I asked as we walked to the back of the line to wait to get our pictures taken.

“Oh nothing, I just told him that you wanted to make out with Patrick during the picture, that’s all.”

“What?!?!?!” She had to be kidding, there was no way that I was going to do that, she had to be out of her mind! I thought I told her I didn’t want to be a part of her crazy notice me plan!

“Yeah, you have to do it now because Pete is going to embarrass the shit out of you if you don’t!”

“Hannah!”

“What? You know you want to, and now there is no way they will forget us!”

I knew she was right and before I knew it we were in the next group to get our pictures taken. It’s now or never, Pete was already looking at me with this mischievous “I can’t wait” look on his face. The group in front of us finishes taking their picture and we start to walk up when Pete says, “Hey Patrick, we’ve got a special surprise for you here!” It was now or never, what’s the worst that can happen? When will I ever have this opportunity again, just do it! So I grab Patrick and just go for it.
♠ ♠ ♠
It starts a little slow, but it'll get better....