Ashes to Ashes

two

I stared out of the cold, foggy window. Outside it was raining and in the raindrops that coated the window I could see my past. The fire that made my face get hot and the smoke that choked me making all the fresh air leave my lungs. Her screams of pain and terror, the baby cried upstairs most probably about to die from the smoke. The annoying ringing in my ear, telling me that the house was burning. Then… Nothing. That’s all I remember before waking up at the hospital. The doctors told me about mother dying along with my baby sister Diana. No tears feel from my eyes then and they didn't fall now. People describe me as heartless“Grace?” I looked around for the source of the voice calling my name. I saw Madam Elliot standing in front of me with a boy at her side. “This is Mitchel can you show him around?” I looked at the boy more closely. His hair was jet black and it covered his eyes but I could tell they were hazel. His skin was like porcelain.

“Sure.” She smiled at me and walked away. I gave him a small smile and his cheeks turned a light shade of pink. “Hey come on let‘s start.”

“H-hi.” He said walking behind me, his voice was calming enough that it would make you want to fall asleep right there and then.

I started with the bottom floor: the kitchen, laundry room, dining room, and the living room.
Then upstairs: the dorms, bathrooms, showers. The weird thing is that the building where we live (the orphanage) used to be a college but it is also built on top of a cementary.So it's pretty creepy. There is only three people that run the orphanage though: Madam Missy, Madam Elliot, and Madam Susan. They were pretty cool and they were lesbians except Madam Missy, she’s married to Gregory he pays the for everything we need. I’m am currently 14, my hair is chestnut and my eyes are lavender (yes it’s my natural color). I showed him the rest of the house college and ended the tour at his new dorm. Keigan is his dorm mate.

“Bye.” He said and hugged me quickly. I blushed before walking away dazily. I didn’t know where I was going, but I ended up in the abandoned part of the orphanage. A chill was sent up my spine. A shadow moved in the dark corner and I ran away from that part of the college. Note to self: Stay away from abandoned part of college/orphanage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Introduction of Grace and Mitchel. I'm afraid of the orphanage too.
Comment, Subscribe please. Virtual cookies for all!