‹ Prequel: Take My Hand
Status: Active. (Comments will be needed to get more updates.)

The Story Left Untold

Caught

JACK

I was too in over my head. I never should’ve told her that I haven’t moved on. It would only make the chances of actually winning her back less than zero. I mean I don’t think she’d toss Alex to the side that easy. She must think that I’m just some desperate guy with no other purpose in life but to wait for her. But the worst thing is that it actually took me this long to figure out that we really weren’t meant to be together. If we really were, we’d be happy with each other but she didn’t want me. She wanted Alex.

It was finally eight in the evening. We’ve been back on the bus for about an hour and a half now. The whole time we had dinner at one of the restaurants in Disneyland, Brittany and I have been exchanging looks but I didn’t put on that sad, mopey face I had earlier today. I put on a bright smile, showing her that I was about ready to leave the road that led straight to her heart. It was about time that I took a U-turn and drove to the freeway. I haven’t been myself for so long and it’s killing me inside. Where was the fun-loving, carefree, wild and crazy Jack that everyone loved? I don’t know about everyone else but I totally miss him. I don’t mean to sound so full of myself but it’s the truth.

Everyone was piled up in the living room. Jess, Brian and Stephen from The Summer Set along with Cassadee and Alex Lipshaw from Hey Monday rode on our bus on the way to the hotel we were supposed to be at soon. They decided that a few shots would probably be the best way to start the night. I had no reason to decline so I jumped in.

“One, two, three!” Rian counted and we downed our tequila shots.

“We are going to be so fucked up tomorrow,” Brian mentioned, causing laughter to erupt inside the tight living room we all had.

“At least we’re sleeping in a hotel tonight,” Lipshaw said, sucking on a lemon wedge.

“Who says you’re sleeping on a bed?” Cassadee asked, scooting over next to Rian. It was sort of weird that they were together. I mean who would’ve ever guessed that they’d end up together?

“I call dibs on mine,” I interjected, causing commotion inside the bus.

Everyone started to call dibs on beds. Flyzik was laughing his ass off. That only sparked our curiosity.

“We are getting a lot of rooms with beds, right, Flyzik?” Stephen asked, cocking an eyebrow.

“Don’t worry! Courtney knows a guy who knows the manager of the hotel we’re staying at and he’s giving rooms for free. The only problem is that we don’t how many rooms he’s willing to offer but I’m sure it’ll be enough to shelter all of us,” Flyzik explained to everyone, shooting bullets of relief to the worried faces all around.

The game went on for about three more rounds. After that, we turned on the radio and blasted some dance-y tunes and jumped like crazy on the bus. I made my way over to the table to get one more booster. I really wanted to lose it all tonight and I wasn’t doing that while I was conscious. I wanted to have fun but if ever I did something stupid, I wanted to forget it all. Tequila’s known for making you forget everything once you black out so I should probably drink up, right?

We were just fooling around until the bus stopped and everyone unloaded. They all had a head start. I was taking my time in the bathroom doing my business. I couldn’t really hold my pee anymore so I really had to go. When I went out though, nobody was on the bus. I was about to leave with my backpack as well but I heard a phone ring from the living room. I walked towards the phone and recognized it as Alex’s. I looked into the caller ID to see who might’ve been calling at about 10 in the evening.

It was this girl named Candy and there was a picture of them lip-locking in the background. Something in me got a little ticked off so I answered her call.

“Hey baby! How long are you staying in California?” she asked a little too annoyingly.

“I don’t know, why?” I asked rather curiously.

“Did you forget already? You were such a naughty boy inside the ‘Candy Factory’,” she laughed in a high pitched tone.

Shock washed over me. It was weird that I still thought with a clear head. But then again, the tequila was like 90% water. Flyzik told me that he filled it with water since he didn’t want us to get too drunk. We had a show tomorrow and hangovers make us all groggy and cranky.

“Wait, that was today?” I said, trying to sound stupid. I had to clarify this one way or another.

“Of course, you silly boy,” she said with a smirk, “You told me you’d come back but you never did.”

I didn’t want to talk anymore so I just hung up on her. I turned around and saw Alex staring at me with half guilty and half angry eyes. I didn’t know how he controlled his emotions like that but right now I didn’t care.

“What the fuck is this, man?” I asked, walking towards him.

“It’s called a phone,” he replied sarcastically.

“You’re playing her, you asshole,” I said, getting a little heated up.

“Well, I don’t see how that’s a problem seeing as you did that as well.”

“Oh, so we’re playing follow the leader now?”

I dropped my backpack on the floor and moved even closer to him. I didn’t care if anyone saw us like this right now. I hated the fact that he’d actually go ahead and hurt Brittany like she just some girl.

“Dude, calm your tits. She’ll never find out,” he said confidently. I wanted to punch him badly but I knew better than to jeopardize our career based on personal issues. I knew that if he ended up with a black eye, people would ask questions. We had a show tomorrow so there’s definitely no time for him to heal it before he gets on a stage.

“Do you know who you’re talking to?”

“The guy that managed to break a girl’s heart because he wanted to go to Disneyland so bad?” he asked in a sarcastic tone, “Yeah, I think I do.”

“You really don’t want to start with that,” I said, shoving him backwards.

“Really?” he smirked, “Last time I checked, you were the selfish prick. Not me.”

I let that shoot out both my ears. I didn’t need words to spark up a full-on rumble. Not tonight when everything was supposed to be all fun.

“But why hurt Brittany? You know about her past and how fragile she is,” I scolded like I had some kind of authority over him.

“I guess I never really thought about it like that,” he said, snatching his phone away from me.

I’m not sure if he was being sincere or if he was actually stupid. I just can’t believe he’d do shit like this. I never thought he’d make sure he’d go through extreme measures just to hurt girls. What an ass.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need predictions. What do you think Jack will do about the whole thing?
Feedback would be great. Please help me! :)

Comment&Subscribe.