‹ Prequel: Take My Hand
Status: Active. (Comments will be needed to get more updates.)

The Story Left Untold

Jumping in Headfirst

I could hardly open my eyes the next morning. They were so sore from all the tears shed last night. I saw Zack closing the blinds a little, hoping that that would aid my eyes; but, I don’t think anything would be able to help.

I yawned before getting up to use the toilet. Flyzik was nowhere to be found. I guess he was up the minute the sun started shining outside. For some reason, I actually envied him for having a good night’s sleep. When I saw him on his bed last night, it seemed like nothing could ever ruin his slumber. I wouldn’t say it was as if he was in some kind of coma; although, something less than that would probably do.

Once I washed my face with cold water from the sink and did my business in the bathroom, I wiped my face with a towel and walked towards the bed Zack made me sleep in.

“You must be hungry,” Zack mentioned, handing me a sandwich as soon as I sat myself down.

“Thanks,” I said, taking it. “But I wouldn’t want to deprive you of anything. Have you eaten already?”

“Don’t worry about it,” he told me. “Just make sure that it doesn’t go to waste.”

I always wondered why he was always so kind to me. I mean he did tell me that he liked me once but I assume that we were past that already. I mean it’s been a long time since and I’m guessing he’s been out with a few other girls already. I wouldn’t be surprised though. I mean what kind of girl would pass up an opportunity like him? Well maybe calling him an opportunity would be sorta shallow but can you blame me?

His phone rang all of a sudden and he smiled a little when he saw the caller’s name. I marvelled at that as he slid outside the balcony to get some privacy. I didn’t want to listen in so I just ate and watched TV.

I glanced at him several times but I couldn’t really get much since he was facing the other way. One thing was for sure though: he was happy. I could read his body language like words written on paper. At least he knows what it feels like to be truly happy. I’d trade that for anything right now; I’m that desperate.

It took him about half an hour to talk to that one person on the phone. Flyzik came back in about ten minutes ago. Zack didn’t come back inside though. He just stayed out there, smiling at the world.

“What’s up with him?” I asked Flyzik who looked a little stressed out.

“It must be Katie,” he answered, taking the remote away from me.

“Hey! I was watching!” I tried to wrestle for the remote but then an unexpected visitor came into our room.

I fell right on top of Matt in a very awkward position. Jack stared at us like we were both naked. I got up quickly and composed myself. I looked back at the TV and stared at it, pretending like he wasn’t there.

“I need to talk to you,” he said sternly.

I twisted my head slowly to look at him. I didn’t want to be anywhere near him right now. “So we can start World War III? Are you sure you wanna talk?”

“I’m not looking for a fight. I just need you to come with me,” he said, sighing. He seemed tired. He looked tired – like he didn’t get any sleep at all last night.

Suddenly, Zack came back in the room wearing a worried look. “What’s happening?”

I looked at him once and gave him a small smile. Then, I looked at Matt who motioned for me to get up and go with Jack. I bit my lips as I got up and patted him on the shoulder as I passed him by. I just hope he was right about agreeing to this because I surely am not welcoming any mistakes anymore.

He brought me to the room across – where Alex slept last night. Apparently, they shared the room. The room was pretty messy. Clothes were strewn around. It’s weird because we’ve only been here one night and they made it look like they’ve stayed in there for an eternity.

“We’re here to settle this, okay?” Jack told me as he sat me down on the bed.

Alex came in from the bathroom. They both looked like crap. What were they doing all night? Did they actually argue about the whole situation or was it about something entirely different?

“Whatever Jack told you was true. I don’t know why I didn’t have the balls to say it to you straight but I’m confirming it now. I did cheat on you and that’s why I think this whole relationship with won’t work.”

My God, it sounded so scripted. Was this why they didn’t sleep all night? So they can make a script and list the pros and cons of this situation. I wanted to bump their heads really hard against each other and run away but I couldn’t bring myself to get up.

“Okay,” was all I said – nothing more, nothing less. Actually, I really couldn’t care less about what else they might have planned. So everything’s cleared up, good for them; but, one thing they can’t fix is the underlying pain I feel because of all this. I can’t believe they’re so calm about this. It’s like they planned it from the very start.

“That’s it?” Alex asked, feeling a little surprised.

“What more did you expect me to say?” I raised an eyebrow as I watched them look at each other and then back at me.

We all just stayed silent for a while. I avoided their eyes and searched around the room. Jack sighed before moving out the door. I guess he expected me to stop him because he was moving slower with every step. I made it a point to look away because I knew he’d turn back. He always does.

I mean he broke up with me. I wanted to be with him but he went away. He told me that I was nothing but a bet. Then he came to New York and ruined my progress of actually moving on. Now, he’s hurt me again. I don’t even know why I want to dwell in his life anymore. Little by little, it all starts to slip away. I don’t think he knows where he’s going with anything he has planned. That’s always been the problem with him – he doesn’t think.

I swallowed hard as I watched Alex sit beside me. I knew he was going to try and tell me that I was better off with Jack but I knew better than to listen to Alex. It’s like every word he speaks is fabricated and it didn’t take me this long to figure that out. I’ve always thought Alex was sketchy ever since I met him. It was like there was always something hidden behind everything he talked about – like maybe he spoke in a language of riddles all the time. I don’t even know what drew me to him. All I do know is that he was the reason why Jack and I broke apart.

But as I look at the whole thing, I realize that it’s been a battle of wits between them and I was their main prize. Out of all the people in the world, they chose to make me their prize. I’d ask why but the answer wasn’t likely to spring out anywhere so why bother?

I got up from the bed and walked out the door without a word. Alex didn’t stop me so I didn’t turn back. I went to find Jack. I knew he’s been under a lot of pressure and it’s not good on him. Maybe if I lift a portion of it from his shoulders, he’d start playing better in shows. I didn’t want to be the downfall of the band so I guess making things a little easier for everyone wasn’t going to hurt.

I met him near the elevators once again, hoping this wouldn’t turn into some kind of sick déjà vu. I wasn’t in for another bitch fit. I wanted to make things right. Even though I wasn’t the one at fault here, I had to make a move. He wouldn’t be able to fix anything on his own. I would know. I’ve seen him try and fail miserably.

Jack got in the elevator and I ran inside just in time. I pressed the emergency stop and looked into his eyes.

“I’m sorry about everything. I never thought it would hurt you at all and-”

I pressed my finger to his lips and traced the outline slowly. I bit my lip as I drew a sharp breath. He was just as confused as I was about this. I didn’t know what I wanted and he didn’t really seem to get that.

“I know what you’re trying to do and I’m sorry for making this really hard for you. It’s just that sometimes, I wish you’d think twice before doing something even if it’s the right thing to do. You can't just jump in head first all the time.” I took my finger away from his lips but he didn’t allow my hand to get that far away from him. He recaptured it with his own hand and kept it there.

I looked at our intertwined fingers before looking straight at him. He kept his eyes on my lips. It made my heart flutter. I could feel my soul slowly detaching from my body but I had to hold it together.

“But should I think twice about doing this?” he asked before crashing his lips with mine.

I smiled into the kiss. I was so glad to have him back with me but was it the best decision I’ve made so far? It doesn’t always hurt to jump in headfirst, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Rushed maybe?

I just want to get chapters out so I don't lose anymore subscribers. So sorry for not updating a lot anymore. I was supposed to balance everything but it's impossible this school year. So much to do, so little time for leisure. Hope you guys enjoy though.

Comments would seriously put a smile on my face. Please help me see that there still are people out there who care about what I write or if not, Jack and Brittany :))