‹ Prequel: Take My Hand
Status: Active. (Comments will be needed to get more updates.)

The Story Left Untold

Jinxed

Things have never been better.

A few weeks after Jack and I fixed things, everything went by in a blissful manner – almost as if my fairy godmother granted me a happily ever after. The best thing about being happy right now is that I’m not alone in it. Everyone’s pretty happy for both Jack and I – even Alex. It seems like everything that happened a few weeks ago never really unfolded. If you watched us intently, you’d probably think that we’d never had a problem – ever.

Last night was the same as every other. Jack and I were on the bus spending the night together while the others went out to party and stuff. We weren’t really the type of couple that wanted to socialize. I mean being bus-bound everyday can deprive you of the privacy that you tend to yearn for.

The next morning, I was awakened by really loud and noisy human alarms. Two people were running up and down the bus’s hallway screaming like raging animals that probably just got out of their cages. I would’ve been totally fine with it but I had this really bad headache and for some reason, I felt really nauseous.

I peeked out of my bunk and saw that Jack and Alex were the ones making all the racket while Rian was videotaping it on his iPhone. I swear, I would’ve been totally okay with this if I didn’t feel so out of it.

I walked out of my bunk and moved into the bathroom. All I thought I was gonna do was pee but once I was through with that, I hunched down the toilet and started hurling.

The noise outside stopped almost immediately as I poured out an empty stomach into the toilet bowl. Someone was twisting the locked doorknob but I wasn’t about to let anyone in. The bathroom smelled stinky and it looked pretty ugly. I coughed out a little more before I flushed the toilet. But the toilet wasn’t the only thing getting flushed. My face was pretty much the same. I brushed my teeth to take away the stink. Then, I opened the door and had Jack almost falling on top of me. Apparently, he’d been leaning on it.

“You okay?” he asked me with the most worried look I’ve ever seen him put on since a few weeks ago.

“U-uh, yeah,” I said, clearing my throat.

I moved past him and tried to avoid him or anyone for that matter. I had a few assumptions about why what occurred happened. There were a lot of thoughts running around my head, but there was this one big idea that I’d thought about that seemed to fit the whole situation perfectly. Thing is, I really don’t want it to be the underlying reason because I really wouldn’t know what to do if I really did end up pregnant.

There was no way that Jack and I could afford to raise a baby during this state in our lives. I don’t even know if he likes babies. Then again, I shouldn’t be over-analyzing these things. They never do me any good.

I walked to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. I drank it quickly and tried not to get affected by the eager eyes staring at me, begging for an explanation. Jack cleared his throat and they all looked away. He grabbed me by the waist and kissed my forehead. He pulled me into a hug and made sure that I was comfortable. Believe me, I wanted to feel what he wanted me to but I couldn’t. I was worried, scared and anxious. But on top of that, I felt really sick.

I looked up at him and realized that he didn’t have a smile on his face anymore. I felt bad for taking that away from his face but telling him what’s really on my mind would only break him apart and I don’t want that. I’m not proud but I’ve been through that and I don’t plan on experiencing it again.

“Tell me what’s wrong,” Jack pushed.

I know he was worried and all but it annoyed me how he wanted me to spill the beans like this. I mean I’ll tell him when I can. He can’t just force it out of me.

“I wanna go back to sleep. Would it be okay if you guys quiet down a bit?” I asked as nicely as I could. But even if I wanted to make it sound nice and all, it still had a bit of an edge to it.

“Before you go, just wanted to remind you that we’re headed home tomorrow,” he said, slipping his hand into mine.

I turned to look at him in awe. Has it already been that long? I watched him intently before I wrapped my arms around him. I didn’t want to have to leave him just yet.

“Can you come home with me?” he asked ever so sweetly.

I smiled at his question and thought about it. I still had about a month of summer left before school started again in the fall. Thing is, I didn’t really want to go back to my house. Especially not when I think I’m pregnant. My mother would smell the scent of guilt a mile away.

Then again, I wanted to spend as much time as I could with Jack. Who knew when we’d see each other again?

“Okay.” I smiled as I kissed his lips.

He smiled into the kiss and lit up my world. The others hooted from the mini living room. We broke apart a few seconds later and I turned to face them.

“Matt, there never really was an internship to begin with, was there?” I said, remembering why I actually looked forward to this summer. I can’t believe I totally forgot about interning. I guess being with these guys can make you feel reckless and carefree.

“Sorry Brit, I had to shed a white lie,” he said with a smile.

I squinted my eyes at him and he held his hands up in surrender. I chuckled and noticed that my tiredness and queasiness started to vanish. Maybe a little water was all I needed.

I walked over to where they all were and sat in between Rian and Zack on the couch. It’ll probably be a long while until I see these douchebags again. I really don’t want to have to say farewell but it’s inevitable.

“I’m gonna miss you guys,” I said, leaning my head on Zack’s shoulder.

They all smiled and hovered over me as they squeezed me – one by one – in their arms. Well, it wasn’t like I was never going to see them again after today but I probably won’t be able to go on the next tour due to classes and stuff. We all shed a few favorite moments from the tour to pass the time.

We were on our way to Baltimore for their last show. I was pretty excited to be back home but I was also pretty scared since I’d have to see my mother again. Not that I think my mother is a monster, but I think it’s probably best for me to just stay away. We didn’t exactly end up in good terms once she came back from Grandma’s and saw the note I left for her. She wasn’t as thrilled as I was.

“Remember that time when Brit sprained her knee after beating two chicks to the ground? I still find that freaking hilarious!” said Vinny. I rolled my eyes at him as I remembered exactly what happened.

“How exactly did you learn how to fight like that?” Zack asked me.

I lifted my head off his shoulder and smirked at him. “We don’t all need muscles to beat people up, just so you know.”

“I take offense in that,” Zack said as everyone laughed.

We all just shared a few laughs before the bus stopped at the venue. I grabbed my camera before going down and went over to the other buses to get final pictures.

“D’awwww, I’m gonna miss you, bud!” Jess Bowen of The Summer Set said as soon as Stephen took our picture.

Apparently, Jess and I had so many things in common. I spent some time with The Summer Set a few weeks back and had loads of fun and laughter. They were like the best friends I never had and I was so fortunate to have met them.

Once I gave them my pre-goodbye speech, I went over to Hey Monday’s tent and found Cassadee alone doing all the merch work.

I was about to hop over the counter when I started to feel queasy all over again.

“Are you okay, Brit? You don’t look especially well today,” she told me with a worried look on her face.

“I think I’m gonna be sick.”

And with that, she dragged me towards the empty Hey Monday bus and led me to their comfort room. She held my hair as I puked my guts out in their toilet. I felt really bad for doing this but I couldn’t help it. Besides, she was the one who dragged me in here anyway.

“What is happening to me?” I muttered as I flushed the toilet.

I moved to the sink and washed my face. Apparently, Cassadee vanished and gave me a little privacy so I can fix myself up. Well it’s that or she thought I was totally gross and thought that it was best that she stayed away from me.

But before I could make up my mind, she showed up with a box that held a stick that I thought I’d never have to use at this point in time. She bit her lip as she handed me a pregnancy test.

“What date is today?” I asked her anxiously.

“It’s 27 today,” she whispered.

“Shit, I’m late.”

I stared at the box before looking up at Cassadee. She told me that she’d give me some privacy and went away. I can’t believe that this was really happening. I read the instructions on the box and followed them immediately. Luckily, I really wanted to pee. I didn’t want to have to prolong the agony as much. I looked up after I hit the stick with urine, hoping for the best.

One minute seemed to last forever but after I counted to sixty, I breathed in heavily and looked down slowly.

“What does it say?” Cassadee asked nervously through the closed bathroom door.

“It’s positive.”
♠ ♠ ♠
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. I'm so sorry you guuuuuuys.
But since it was my birthday yesterday (Jan. 7) I just thought that it'd be proper to update something. I just hope that there still are people out there who read this because I really don't want to lose any readers because I don't update this.

Please do not hesitate to tell me what you think.

Read, comment, subscribe and make me smile by doing all of that :)