You Stole My Heart

Quatro.

When the three adults made their way back into the living room, Marco was engrossed in the television which was playing South Park. Matt’s eyes grew wide, automatically pressing the ‘return’ button to make it flicker back to the game.

“Heeeeey,” Marco whined, turning around to pout at the muscular man standing behind the couch. Jimmy had sat on the other couch next to hers, his feet back on the coffee table. Johnny had slagged, just now coming in from getting another beer. “I was watching that!”

“Do you normally watch that stuff?” Matt asked shocked. She nodded. “Your parents let you?“ Marco huffed, leaning back down in her seat with her arms crossed over her chest.

“I went over this with Johnny, I don’t know where my parents are. They were sorry, good for nothings and I hope they rot in hell.” Johnny and Matt’s mouths fell open at this. Of course Jimmy just grinned widely.

“I like her. Now flip it back Matt! I like that episode!” Jimmy whined. Matt numbly complied, letting the voice of Eric Cartman fill the room. It was quiet as Johnny sat on the opposite side of the couch from Marco and Matt sat next to Jimmy. Marco’s nose wrinkled in disgust and turned to give Johnny a scowl.

“And what’s that for?” Johnny demanded, noticing the little girl’s intense glare. By now Jimmy and Matt were silently watching the two instead of the cartoon.

“Those are gross and smell disgusting!” Marco replied, pointing a finger at the can in his hand. He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

“Look you con artist, I don’t care. I’m not changing a habit of mine that I’ve had forever just because you’re here.” She glared back at the television, sinking down into her seat and placing her feet on the coffee table.

“Fine, but I’m not staying near you smelling like beer,” Marco announced a moment later, standing and moving to sit on the opposite side of the coffee table. She plopped down, cross legged on the floor, leaning against the wooden table for a backrest. Johnny sighed, running a hand through his hair.

“C’mon Marco, just sit on the couch.” She stayed put, her arms crossed firmly in front of her. He groaned, standing up to place the can back into the fridge. There was always later. He walked back into the living room to see Marco sitting cross legged on the couch again. Just as he was pulling out his pack of Marlboros, Marco’s voice cut through the air.

“I’m allergic to cigarette smoke.” He gave her a looked mixed of shock and disbelief. Shock because she hadn’t turned around and disbelief ‘cause it sounded like shit to him.

“Sure you are, kid.” She turned to him with a smirk on her face.

“Okay, fine. You light that cigarette and take the chance. Either you’re right and I’ll be fine. But there’s always that chance I’m telling the truth and could start having an allergic reaction, including not being able to breathe. Somehow I don’t think it’d be worth the risk of possibly having a dead ten year old in your house.”

Johnny muttered some incoherent words under his breath, closing the pack and tossing it onto the coffee table. Marco smiled in triumph as Johnny sat down, arms crossed over his chest. Jimmy laughed while Matt just chuckled. “Seriously Johnny, where did you find this amazing girl?”

“Take her if you want her.” Johnny didn’t notice Marco’s small frown and creases on her forehead. Jimmy and Matt did though.

“Oh yeah! We were never introduced! I’m Jimmy and this is Matt!” Jimmy exclaimed, leaning down the coffee table so his hand was in reach of Marco’s. She took it gently, shaking it a little.

“Pleasure to meet you,” Marco replied, grinning widely.

“Is that a missing tooth?” Matt teased. She rolled her eyes, shutting her lips.

“Yes. I already got my quarter from a friend. He acts like I don’t know he tosses it out instead of ‘giving it to the tooth fairy’,” Marco mocked using air quotes. It fell silent again. “Do you guys have more friends or is it just you three?”

“We have a couple more close ones. Why do you ask?” Jimmy questioned.

“Because if it was just you three all the time I’d probably go mad,” Marco replied with a shrug. Jimmy fake gasped at her.

“And what is that suppose to mean?” he cried.

“You’re a loser.” Jimmy ‘gasped’ again, covering his mouth with his hands.

“Are you gunna let her call me that?” Jimmy demanded, pointing a finger at Marco as he stared at Johnny in disbelief.

“You better bet he is. He said I can call any of his friends names!” Marco piped up, a gleeful smile on her face. Matt’s eyes automatically twinkled with mischievous.

“Hey Johnny, I’m going to borrow your friend for a bit,” Matt announced, standing to his feet. Marco grinned, hopping up and attaching herself to Matt’s hand. Johnny had jealousy rip through him which he quickly dismissed.

“What are you planning Sanders?” Johnny demanded, turning off the TV and standing. Jimmy sighed, pushing himself to his feet to led the way out. He had just wanted to watch TV, but obviously that was out of the question.

“I need her to help me deal with Brian,” Matt replied simply.

“Might as well come with. I have to let them know about her,” Johnny remarked, pulling on his hoodie. He followed the other two out, locking the front door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank-you for commenting: surfergirl, hachie, KellShadows, Psychokitty13, Rhi_LoveMeHateMe, violetriddle, and angy_kaulitz. What do you think's gunna happen? :)

Oh, by the way, thank-you everyone for actually wishing me luck on my speech. I got a ninety-four, bro! I'm so happy lol.