You Stole My Heart

Cinco.

“So why do I have to say this again?” Marco asked the muscular man in front of her. The two, Matt and Jimmy that is, had come in Matt’s BMV and decided to leave in it. There was a possibility of going out somewhere after this ordeal at Brian’s and only Matt’s vehicle could fit everyone comfortably.

“Because I need to get back at him and getting a kid to call him a few cuss words sounds like an even playing field,” Matt replied with a shrug. Johnny, who sat next to him for the sheer fact Jimmy wanted to sit by Marco, glared at his friend.

“You do remember she’s only ten. What you want her to say is for a fifteen year old at youngest.”

“And that’s why Brian’s face will be priceless.” Johnny rolled his eyes, returning to stare out the window.

“So what did this Brian guy do to you?” Marco inquired after it had been quiet for a few moments.

“That’s not important,” Matt said firmly. His aviators covered the obvious anger. Marco smirked, leaning back in her seat with her arms behind her head.

“Well whatever it is you’re pissed over it and are pathetic enough to make a ten your old even the score. Life that sad, huh?” Matt gripped the steering wheel so tightly that his knuckles became white.

“I’d be quiet for now Marco,” Jimmy warned.

“Heck no. This guy wants me to do something for him I might as well know why,” Marco remarked stubbornly.

“It’s childish. Just let him gloat,” Jimmy whispered to her. Marco decided to just drop it. Besides, she thought, we don’t need the possibility of the gorilla running us off the road. They finally pulled to a stop in front a big, two story home. As everyone climbed out, Marco raised an eyebrow.

“He married or anything?” The adults shook their heads. “Why does everyone insist on buying two story houses when they live alone?”

“Because it looks cool,” Jimmy retorted childishly. Marco and Johnny rolled their eyes as they walked side by side to the front door. Matt simply opened the door, motioning Marco in first. She obeyed, standing in the entrance hall.

“Go ahead,” Matt whispered.

“Do I have to?” Marco whined softly, hearing music upstairs.

“Do it!” Jimmy encouraged. She looked between the two.

“Fine,” she sighed. Her lips formed a straight line before she took a deep breath. “Brian! Get your dickface down here and give me a motherfuckin’ drink, ya fucking whore!”

The music that had been floating throughout the house violently cut off. Marco winced and hid behind Johnny’s legs as she heard stomping upstairs. Johnny placed a hand on her head, smiling gently. “What the hell was that you guys?”

Marco looked up to see a man about the same height as Matt at the top of the stairs. As he walked down Marco took in his short, spiky, black hair and chocolate brown eyes. His sleeveless v-neck shoved off the tattoos adoring his arms. She couldn’t help her smile, they were mostly monsters. Monsters were her favorite things next to penguins.

“This is Marco,” Matt introduced, pointing at the small girl behind Johnny. Brian’s face was filled with shock as he looked between Marco, Johnny, and Matt.

“Oh Matt, you are such an ass,” Brian muttered, finally settling a glare on the grinning man. By this time Brian was already in front of the group. He knelt down to Marco’s level, smiling at her. “Hi. I’m Brian.”

“Marco.” She came out from behind Johnny’s leg and grinned at the guy in front of her. He also had his nostril pierced. Marco loved piercings almost as much as she loved tattoos. “I like your monsters. They’re colorful.”

“Thanks,” he chuckled as he stood to his full height. He looked at the man who was three inches shorter than himself. “Is there something you’d like to explain Johnny?”

“Not really.” Brian stared Johnny down, making him shift uncomfortably on his feet. “Fine. Marco, go with Matt and Jimmy. You guys can go play in the backyard or something.”

“Aren’t we suppose to ask the person who lives here?” Marco asked snottily. Johnny rolled his eyes and Brian snickered.

“It’s okay. Go ahead and go play Marco.” Marco nodded, allowing Matt and Jimmy to grab one of her hands each and walk out the backdoor located through the living room. Brian led Johnny into the kitchen, pulling out a beer for each of them. Johnny nodded his thanks as he cracked open the can. As he took a sip Brian just watched him silently. “So what’s the story with the kid?”

Johnny sighed, running a hand through his hair. “I found Marco walking home last night. She stayed the night and I was suppose to just drop her off at the train station.” He bit his bottom lip before taking another sip of his beer. “But instead I was a fucking idiot and took her in.”

“Where are her parents?” Johnny shrugged.

“That seems to be the popular question. If she’s even telling the truth, Marco doesn’t know either.” Brian nodded his head in understanding.

“Just for the record I probably would have done the same as you.”

“For some reason that doesn’t make me feel any better,” Johnny muttered. “I have no idea how to take care of a kid! You had McKenna, it makes sense for you.”

“In case you forgot, you four were over so much you guys were practically her brothers, too.” Brian chuckled at his friend’s face that read ‘don’t remind me’. “Hey, wait. Where’s Zacky?”

“I was wondering the same. I guess Matt planned on going to his place next,” Johnny replied with a shrug. He finished off his can, standing to his feet. He slipped out his Marlboros, igniting one with his lighter. Johnny sighed happily, the smoking escaping in thin threads. “I needed that.”

“Why didn’t you have one earlier?” Brian inquired as they headed to the living room.

“Fucking Marco said she was allergic.” They stopped at the glass door to see Marco on Jimmy’s shoulders, a smoke in his mouth as she laughed. “Obviously that was a lie, too.”

“When else did she lie?”

“None that I know about for sure yet. I’m just assuming something else she’s said to me in the past twelve hours was a lie also.”

“Well it’s kind of unfair to just assume she lied.” Johnny simply shrugged. He slid the back door open, walking towards the three.

“So I see you’re not allergic.” Marco’s head snapped up, eyes wide. She began to ‘choke’, holding her throat. “Oh quit playing. I am going to smoke, get used to it.”

“Fine,” Marco huffed, crossing her arms across her chest. Brian joined the group, his eyes spotting something. He stepped closer, raising Marco’s pant leg a little higher than it already was. She squealed, trying to pull her leg away, but Brian had a tight grip. He stared straight at a picture of three outlines of stars around her ankle.

“What’s this?!” Jimmy took her off his shoulders, holding her around the waist so everyone could see the ink on her ankle. “Is this a tattoo?”

“Please lie to me and tell me this is temporary or is a Sharpie or something,” Johnny moaned.

“It’s just Sharpie,” Marco said coolly.

“Is that true?” Matt inquired.

“No.”

“How does a ten year old get a tattoo?!” Jimmy exclaimed.

“Actually I was nine.”

“NINE!” Everyone exclaimed. Marco shrugged.

“I know a guy who knows a guy.” Jimmy placed her on the ground so all the guys could cross their arms, staring down at the little girl. “What? It’s true! Sure he didn’t know I was nine, but hey. It worked.”

“How did he not know you were a kid?” Matt demanded.

“Told him I’m a midget and went hysterical when he said I was a liar.” Again Marco shrugged. The adults hit their foreheads with the heels of the palms.

“Do you have piercings too?” Johnny mocked.

“Well,” Marco trailed off, looking downwards. The guys followed her eyes and their own grew to the size of plates. Marco exploded into laughter, clenching her stomach as she knelt over the ground. “I-I’m kidding!”

“This kid is too much,” Matt murmured, running a hand through his hair.

“By the way, Zack’s on his way.” All the adults turned to Brian while Marco was still laughing.

“When did you call him?”

“Whenever Marco was pretending to die.” They all nodded.

“Well then I guess we wait.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to surfergirl, hachie, RunawayMuffins, Rhi_LoveMeHateMe, DeathbatScreamer, angy_kaulitz, and violetriddle. I wish I was cool enough to be able to get a tattoo at nine. In case you haven't noticed, Marco is my 'surprise on every chapter' kind of character. I've been needing one and I think she's perfect. :)
Comment please<3