‹ Prequel: Second Chances
Status: On hiatus

Only Time Will Tell

Right Here In My Arms

"Remind me again why I'm allowing you to make me participate in my least favorite pastime?" Janey asked Val and Leana as they met her from work.

"Because as usual you've left it til the last minute to find something to wear for tonight. We've been planing this night out for weeks for Mikki's birthday, and yet, you have nothing to wear," Val pointed out.

"Plus, it's a send off for the guys before they head off again..and you want to look hot enough to remind that husband of yours just what he's leaving at home don't you?" Leana added. 

"Yeah, don't think that's an issue when it comes to Gates and Janey. She could show up wearing a trash sack and he'd wanna take her there and then," Val muttered.

Janey sighed as she started the car, Leana and Val still discussing the finer points of her and Brian's lovelife as they settled themselves. It was true, she had known about tonight for weeks, and she had meant to find something to wear, but inbetween work, spending time with Brian and generally trying to live her life, she had somehow managed not to get round to it. Brian had sent her off to work that morning telling her that it didn't matter if she had something new, that if she was happier wearing something she already felt comfortable in, then that was fine. Yet Janey knew just how much of a thrill Brian got when she surprised him by wearing something he totally wouldn't expect, so she knew she was going to have to find something special. She just wished she didn't find shopping such a chore.

"Oh, and just so you know, there are two rules for today missy" Val began "1)there will be no moaning about anything we may suggest and 2)there will be no "how do these pants look" nonsense...you need to find something that's gonna blow that man's mind."

Janey pulled up in front of the mall and sat thoughtful for a moment, a smile gracing her lips. She knew just the place to look.

**********

Leana and Val couldn't help but glance at each other questioningly as they tried to keep up with Janey, who was striding through the mall like a woman on a mission. She appeared to know just where she wanted to go, which surprised them both seeings as normally they would be dragging her kicking and screaming on any other day just to get her to go in the mall itself. Even several attempts to get her to stop and look in places was having no affect. Janey came to a halt outside a store right near the end of the mall, and finally the penny dropped.

"Isn't this where you found the dress you wore for Zacky's birthday last year?" Val asked. 

"Ooh, the red and black one!" Leana exclaimed "Oh now that was hot!"

"Well I figured I might get lucky again," she answered heading inside, Val and Leana hot on her heels.

Despite Val's warning, Janey spent the first fifteen minutes in the store shaking her head and turning her nose up at anything her friends held up and suggested. However, she was determined not to leave until she found exactly what she was looking for. Turning to head for another rail of dresses, something caught Janey's attention. Carefully taking the hanger from the rail, Janey looked at the black dress, running her fingers over the material as she cast a critical eye over it. It was a similar style to the one Brian had given her for Christmas the year before.

"I'll be back in a minute," Janey called out over her shoulder, not giving Val or Leana a chance to glimpse what she was holding before diving into a cubicle to try it on. 

Janey quickly discarded her jeans and t-shirt, before carefully stepping into the dress, sliding the zipper up with caution. She turned to face herself in the mirror, adjusting it a little so it sat perfectly. Janey once again found herself wondering if other forces were at work when it came to this store. The dress fit her like a glove, hugging every curve in all the right places. 

"Janey...are you going to actually let us see what you have on?" Val asked impatiently from the other side of the curtain. 

Pulling the curtain back to reveal just what she had picked out, Janey smirked at the looks worn by Val and Leana.

"I don't know what Brian's gonna think, but all I know is that I want you right now," Leana stated.

"Lea!" Val cried, before turning her attentions back to Janey. "Honey....you look incredible, Brian's going to....Janey...you ok?"

Val's tone turned to one of concern as Janey gripped the side of the cubicle with one hand, fanning herself with the other. Leana stepped forward quickly and guided Janey back into the cubicle, seating her on the little stool in the corner.

"Sweetie, what's going on?" she asked softly, kneeling in front of her as she placed a gentle hand on Janey's forehead, frowning at the way Janey was burning up. 

"It's just a hot flash is all," Janey whispered.

"Janey, it's not just a hot flash, you don't just get hot flashes for no good reason. Are you still getting the night sweats?" Leana questioned.

"I have had one more since the night Brian came home, that's it."

"Honey, are you sure you're not pregnant?" Val asked, stepping inside and pulling the curtain back across to give them more privacy.

"Val, I've done so many negative tests these last couple of weeks I'm sick of the sight of them," Janey sighed. 

"How many have you done?" Leana asked.

"Practically one a day. I have a husband who brings me breakfast in bed every morning, except I don't get orange juice, a bagel and a flower picked from our garden, I get coffee, toast and a stick to pee on," Janey explained. 

Leana rubbed her arm in a comforting manner. She knew Brian was beyond anxious when it came to Janey's health of late. He had stopped by to see Jimmy the previous day whilst Janey was at work, and the concern in his voice and eyes told her he was worrying himself sick about her.

"Sweetie, he loves you so much and is so worried about you right now," Leana murmured.

"I know, and I really wouldn't change that for anything. I just hate the look of disappointment he tries so hard to hide everytime it comes up negative. It hurts to see him look like that, and I can't help but feel that I'm failing him in some way," Janey admitted quietly. "That's why I've managed to get an appointment with the doctor tomorrow, so that at least we may have some kind of clue as to what's happening before the guys leave for tour." 

Janey looked down at the floor, missing the concerned glances between Leana and Val. They prayed it was good news from the doctor, because if anything happened to Janey, they weren't sure how they'd be able to deal with Brian.

****************

"Baby...are you almost done? The car will be here any minute," Brian called up the stairs.

He paced the floor at the foot of the stairs somewhat nervously. When Janey had returned from shopping, she had told him about what had happened in the store, and he had been on the brink of cancelling tonight. But Janey had insisted she was fine and that they both needed a night out. Knowing that they would be going to see the doctor tomorrow had eased his mind a little. However, it still didn't erase the feeling that there was a little more to this than Janey just being under the weather. 

"I'm ready."

Brian cast his eyes back up the stairs to where Janey carefully descended. He couldn't help the way his eyes lingered over every inch of her outfit, trying to hold in the groan that lodged in the back of his throat at the way it emphasised every contour of her figure.

"I...you....that's.....fuck," Brian murmured, somewhat struck dumb by the vision before him. 

"You alright there Haner?" Janey enquired with a smirk, taking Brian's outstretched hand as she reached the bottom step.

"You always look beautiful...but damn," he whispered, placing his lips lightly on hers. "You sure you wanna go out?" he asked, his fingers trailing up her back, playing with the zipper on the dress.

"If you think I got all fancied up just to stay home, you can think again mister. Although I'm not adverse to the idea of coming home early," Janey told him with a wink. 

"That's if I last that long," Brian admitted with a grin. 

A knock on the door told them the car was waiting.

"Thank god we're the first ones to be picked up, because I do not want anyone getting an eyeful of what's underneath that when you get in," Brian stated, tilting his head to the side a little as Janey got in the car.

"Quit trying to look Haner," she growled playfully.

"Can't blame a guy for trying," he mumbled getting in behind her.

Mikki stood watching Brian with an amused look on her face. Every guy that even dared to glance at Janey was recieving a glare from him that sent out a very clear message to stay well clear of her. Even Johnny had recieved a swipe round the back of the head for giving her the once over. Mikki turned her attentions to Janey, who chatted with Lacey and Gena. Leana and Val had filled her in on what had happened with Janey earlier that day, making Mikki more than a little concerned over the well being of her friend. Looking at her tonight, there was nothing that screamed out that there was anything wrong. But Mikki was more than aware that if Janey had actually taken the decision to finally see a doctor, then she knew there was something that needed checking out. 

Janey looked over at her, smiled, said something to Gena and Lacey and walked over to where Mikki stood.

"Having a good birthday?" Janey asked. 

"Yes! It's so good to be out," Mikki stated happily. "I love my son, but my god it's good to have some time away from him for a few hours."

"Well, I'll be harassing your ass to keep me company once the guys are away no doubt....so you can have plenty of time to yourself," Janey told her.

Mikki smiled weakly.

"That's only if you feel up to it...I mean what with work and everything..."

Janey rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"I told them not to say anything to you tonight," she muttered "But I'll be fine Mik, really. It's probably just flu or something dumb," Janey dismissed.

"Yeah..course," Mikki replied quietly. " I think Brian's wanting you," she added, changing the subject swiftly. 

Janey turned and saw Brian heading in their direction.

"Excuse us Mikki, but I'm gonna steal my wife away for a dance," Brian announced, taking Janey's hand and leading her to the floor before she had chance to protest.

Brian pulled Janey in close to him, smiling as she wrapped her arms around his neck, her body moving with his as HIM's Right Here In My Arms flowed from the speakers.

"Have a little word with the dj by any chance?" Janey asked, remembering all too well the night of Zacky's birthday when Brian had requested the same song.

"Possibly," Brian answered with a smirk. "I figured there was every chance I wouldn't get left on the dancefloor looking like a prize chump this time either," he added.

"You may well be right in your assumption," Janey answered, pressing her lips to his. 

Brian wasted no time as his tongue teased her lips, laying claim to her mouth as Janey let him in. His hands roamed her body with a new found urgency, bringing forth a moan from Janey at his touch.

"I think we need to get out of here," he murmured, taking Janey's hand and leading her through the crowd to the door.

Once outside, they made straight for the car that was waiting to take them home in the early hours. Janey gave a quizzical look.

"I may have had a little word with the driver earlier, tipped him a few extra bucks," Brian admitted as he opened the door.

Janey settled herself on the seat, smiling as the glass partition between them and the driver rose, blocking them from his view. Brian sat next to Janey, pulling her onto his lap so she straddled him, her dress riding up. Brian ran his hands up her tanned thighs, pushing the material up further, revealing the thong she wore. Slipping his fingers in either side of it, he roughly tore it off her, grinning at the gasp that escaped her. Janey leaned forward, kissing Brian hungrily as his thumb stroked her clit in a teasing circular motion. 

Janey's fingers fumbled with the buttons on Brian's black shirt, her hands slipping under the cool cotton as she slipped it from his shoulders. Her nails ran along the well defined muscles of his chest and down towards his abdomen, stopping as she reached for the buckle of his belt. She smirked as she felt his cock straining at the material of his pants, before sliding off his lap, settling herself between his legs on the floor of the car. Janey smirked up at him as she slowly lowered the zipper. Brian raised his hips a little allowing her to free him from the restraints of his pants and boxers a little, her right hand taking hold of him, gliding up and down his hardened shaft. 

Brian's head fell back against the seat at the sensation of Janey's tongue running along his tip. His hands stole into her hair, pushing it away from her face, watching her through half-lidded eyes as she took him in her mouth, groaning loudly as she caressed his cock with a combination of sucking and subtle licks. 

"Fuck..are you...." Brian couldn't finish his words as he watched in fascination at Janey pleasuring herself with her left hand. 

Brian stroked Janey's face with his long fingers, knowing that she needed to stop. He gripped her arm, pulling her away from him, taking hold of her hips as she straddled him once more. Unzipping her dress, Brian took hold of the thin material and pulled it gently over her head, marvelling at her uncovered breasts, capturing a nipple between his lips. Janey took hold of him once more, guiding herself down on top of him, moaning as she felt his length deep inside her. Brian sat up a little straighter, his hands settling on Janey's hips as she slowly rode him. Janey looked down at him, her green eyes locking with his brown. Janey studied Brian's face as it contorted in ecstacy with each slow deliberate movement she made. 

Brian's grip on her hips strengthened as he started to help her move faster. Janey reached behind him, steadying herself with her hands resting on the back of the seat. Janey moaned his name, the sensation of him rubbing right against her, hitting her spot time and time again making her head spin. Brian's lips found her neck, sucking on the small area just above her shoulder.

"Oh god," she cried, knowing she was close.

"Come for me Janey, I want to feel you," Brian whispered, nipping at her ear as he spoke. 

It was enough. Brian groaned as Janey tightened and pulsated around him. She shuddered as Brian pounded her down onto him, spilling inside her as he came right after her. Brian held her to him, capturing her lips with his, kissing her deeply.

"I hope you weren't planning on sleeping much tonight," he stated gruffly.

"Do I have much say in the matter?" Janey asked, trying to regain her breath.

"Probably not," Brian chuckled as he brushed damp hair from her face.

"I love you Janey," he whispered "don't ever forget that," he added, moving in for one more kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for the lack of updates on this and all of my stories of late, but I've returned to work this week after two weeks off, plus I'm really under the weather with an awful cold, and haven't felt up to writing or posting.

Thank you all so much for the comments, I really appreciate them :) xx

Janey