Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

Go Help Him

Ole’ Riverside, California. I haven’t been here in so long. It hasn’t been by choice though. I’ve been traveling the world with my Rally car. That’s right. This chick races Rally with all of those big bad boys. It’s just sad I have to kick their butts.

Anyway, there’s a reason why I’m home instead of doing some testing. I just got an invitation of a lifetime and this was totally something I couldn’t share over the phone. I had to drive home and tell my folks.

“Mom… Dad… Kirstie?” I shouted once I walked through the front door.

Silence! Where are these people that I call my family? Granted, I never sent anyone a phone call before I left. But still! Someone should be around here. I even went all through the house and still found no one, but the dog. He didn’t even greet me. He just lay there and continued to sleep. Missed you too bud!

I sighed and went back out to my car. Why can’t I find anyone when I really want too? I drove back down the road, trying to think of something… anything as to where they could be. But then I passed a sign: Jacobson’s Motorsports Park. I slammed on my brakes and did a complete 180 in the middle of the road to pull into the drive.

After I parked my car, I ran off, trying to find out where my parents were. Next time, I’m calling! I hurried off to the media towering, knowing this is where they usually stayed to over look everything. Once I made it up there, gasping for breath, I nearly collapsed once I finally saw them.

“Kylee!” both of my parents happily said before getting up to pull me into a tight hug.

Any air I had left in my lungs… GONE! But I was glad to finally find them. I almost forgot what I had come here for. They reminded me though.

“What are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be headed to Europe,” my dad asked with his face slightly wrinkled up.

“I have amazing news for you two… and Kirstie. Where is she?” I asked, trying to look past them to see if she was lingering in the background.

“She was out watering the track. She should be done by now though,” my mom piped in.

“Ok, well I’ll tell her later. But guess what competition I got an invite for,” I told them, trying so hard to contain myself and not jump up and down.

“What?” they both asked at the same time.

“X GAMES!” I squealed, finally giving into my impulses and hopping around everywhere.

This was quickly followed by happy smiles and congratulations… oh and plenty of hugs. I was so excited. I told them that they had to come. Of course they said yes… and now I have to find my sister.

It took me forever to find her too. I swear everyone was hiding from me today. But finally, after hiking around the whole trick TWICE! I found her. She was sitting and watching a few guys go around the track. Typical Kirstie. It put a smile on my face though as I snuck up behind her and poked her sides, making her jump.

“Oh my gosh!” she smiled before nearly tackling me into a tight hug… tighter than my parents’! “What are you doing here?” she squealed once we parted and I sat next to her.

“I have really awesome news and I know you’d be super excited for it,” I smiled.

“What?” she asked, her excitement obviously building.

“I’m going to X Games!” I said, feeling my smile grow to its fullest.

“AH!” she screamed before hugging me once again. “For rally Right? Oh my gosh, I need to get my Jacobson gear! I got to cheer on my sis!” she started rambling, making me laugh.

“Please don’t… spare me the embarrassment,” I teased, making her roll her eyes.

We went on to talk about this, along with other things. But as we talked our eyes were constantly scanning the moto track. Kirstie and I grew up working here. Our parents own this. This is what sparked my career interest… sort of. I had to go off and build my own little Rally track behind my parents back. But they finally accepted that dirt bikes weren’t my calling.

As we looked on, I noticed one guy a little off the pace. I know they were just riding around, but still. He seemed to be the fastest all day. But now… he wasn’t. He hopped off his bike right in front of Kirstie and I and propped it up against the gate to take his helmet and goggles off.Oh, my.

“Would you look at that,” I said while nudging her. I know she was looking too.

“I think something’s wrong with his bike,” she said, totally ignoring the fact that he was cute!

“Don’t you think he’s cute though?” I asked, trying so hard not to roll my eyes.

“Well, yeah, but…” she trailed off.

Why does she care so much?

“Go help him,” I said since it was going nowhere with the looks conversation.

“No, what if it makes me look like an idiot?” she shot back.

“Just do it. I know you could figure out what’s wrong. Most guys find it sexy when a girl knows how to fix something… especially when a motor is involved. Trust me,” I countered, a smirk coming over me.Stupid Rally boys.

“But…” she tried starting again.

“Just do it. What’s the worst that could happen? You know you want too…” I teased.

She shot a look at me before getting up and slowly making her way over to the cute boy. I smiled as she started talking to him a little nervously. But then they both started looking at the bike and… maybe sharing ideas for what might be wrong. Who knows? All I know is that my sister is talking to a cute guy and she’s glowing right now. How adorable. It feels so nice to be home.
♠ ♠ ♠
YES! new story!
I'm so in love with this one... it's not even funny lol

Kylee

comment pretty pleeeeease :D