Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

Back To Riverside

“Kirstie….Kirstie….Kirsten where are you?” My dad called out.

”In the garage!” I shouted back.

“Hey sweetie,” My mom greeted me and my dad shot me a smile.

“Hi,” I grinned back from behind my bike.

“What are you working on now?” Dad asked me.

“Just fixing my footpeg, I bent it last night,” I replied.

“Well, this morning we’ll just have you do normal stuff around the track, water it and all that stuff. This afternoon I want you to groom the track and maybe build a new whoop section,” Dad told me.

“okay, sounds fun,” I grinned before they left.

Yep, my family owns Jacobson’s Motorsports Park. My grandpa owned a farm here a long time ago but when he passed away he left the property to my family and we turned it into a motocross track. We hold amateur races here almost every weekend and you can come here to practice all through the week. My whole life has been here pretty much and I loved it. My parents live right down the road but I live in my grandparents old house that’s on the property here. I just work for my parents, building our tracks, grooming them, watering them, announcing the amateur races and anything and everything else. I love every second of it though. I also am a pretty good mechanic so if somebody’s bike breaks at a race I usually help them out, that’s my favorite thing to do.

At our motorsport park we have two motocross tracks and a pit bike track. We also have one more thing but it’s not open to the public….a rally car track. It’s out in the woods that I and my sister built a long time ago. Did I mention my older sister is a pro rally driver?

Her name is Kylee and she’s 25 and we are complete opposites. She’s tall, I’m short. She’s 25, I’m 21. Kylee’s into rally, I’m into dirt bikes. She likes driving cars, I like fixing dirt bikes. Ky’s more calm, I’m crazy and hyper. She’s absolutely gorgeous and beautiful, I’m not as much. None of this has ever bothered me in the slightest because she and I are extremely close. We love each other to death!

But right now she’s off driving her rally car so I haven’t gotten to see her….until now

“Oh my gosh!” I squealed when I saw my big sis then jumped off the wood bleachers where I was watching to tackle her into a huge hug. “What are you doing here?” I beamed once we both sat down together.

“I have really awesome news and I know you’d be super excited for it,” Kylee smiled over at me.

“What?” I said as my hyperness started to take over.

“I’m going to X Games!” Kylee absolutely beamed.

“AH!” I screamed before clapping my hands together . “For rally right? Oh my gosh, I need to get my Jacobson gear! I got to cheer on my sis!” I went on.

“Please don’t… spare me the embarrassment,” Kylee joked while rolling her bright blue eyes. She’s used to me by now…

As we chatted about all of this I still kept my eyes on the track. I have been watching this one guy all morning who was on a Honda. He wasn’t running any number plates and had no name on the back of his jersey but holy crap, was he fast! I saw his pace started to lessen though and he rolled to a stop near Ky and I.

The guy took off his helmet and goggles, hung then on the handle bars. And man was he a cutie!

“Would you look at that,” Ky said before leaning over and gently bumping me.

“I think something’s wrong with his bike,” I replied. I noticed earlier it seemed to be bogging a little.

“Don’t you think he’s cute though?” She questioned.

“Well, yeah, but…” I said back.

“Go help him,” Ky prodded.

“No, what if it makes me look like an idiot?” I told her. I hated when I went to help a guy on their bike and they thought I was just trying to flirt with them.

“Just do it. I know you could figure out what’s wrong. Most guys find it sexy when a girl knows how to fix something… especially when a motor is involved. Trust me,” Kylee smirked at me.

“But…” I whined.

“Just do it. What’s the worst that could happen? You know you want too…” She teased me while gently poking my side.

I had to give my sister a look before walking over to the fence where he was. I shot him a smile that he quickly returned.

“Hi, I’m Kirstie,” I said while holding my hand out.

“I’ve never heard that name before,” He replied.

“It’s short for Kirsten,” I told him.

“Oh, that’s a nice name. I like unique names, I’m Josh…not that unique,” He chuckledand it was insanely adorable.

“Well nice to meet you Josh,” I said. “I just came over because I kind of noticed your bike seemed to be bogging.”

“Yeah, it was fine this morning but this last lap it was bogging through the whoops and if I didn’t know any better I would say the suspension needs tuning but it was fine earlier,” Josh said with his eyebrows wrinkled up in confusion.

“Maybe a fuel problem. You might have gotten some dirt or air bubbles in the fuel line,” I suggested.

“Maybe….do you work here?” He asked and I nodded my head. “Do you have a mechanic?”

“Yeah, come with me,” I said while waving my hand.

He hopped on his bike and rolled next to me. We shortly arrived at the garage and he parked his bike in the middle.

“Hello,” Kylee’s voice said as she walked into the garage right as Josh turned his bike off.

“Oh, Josh, this is my sister-“ I started but got cut off.

“Kylee Jacobson,” Josh grinned. “I’ve seen you race rally, you’re awesome.”

“Well thank you,” She smiled back.

This always happens. I love my sister but she’s always been the one who catches boys attention. She’s a very beautiful girl and boys notice her. I’ve never been that girl, I’m the tomboy who’s behind the bike, covered in grease and surrounded by tools. Kylee’s the one who’s the cool rally driver but is also beautiful too. And I’m used to this but I’m not going to lie…. I kind of wish this boy would notice me.He’s so cute.

While they talked a little I got to work on Josh’s bike. After a minute I saw Josh glance over at me with a confused look on his face.

“I thought you said you have a mechanic?” Josh questioned befuddled.

“You’re looking at her,” Kylee grinned while I let out a laugh.

“Well I feel like an idiot,” He chuckled. “But have you found anything?”

“Yeah…dirt in the fuel line,” I told him.

“You were right. You’re really good,” He grinned.

“Thanks,” I returned his smile. “You know…. You look a lot like Josh Grant.”

“Well that makes sense…because I am,” He calmly replied.

“Seriously? that’s so cool!” I squealed. “Sorry, I’m a little hyper.”

“A little?” Kylee teased.

“Naw, it’s cool. And yes I am,” He smiled while sitting on the ground next to me while I filtered his gas out.

“Why are you riding a Honda? No more JGR?” I asked him.

“No, I wanted to be back home in Riverside and Honda signed me for two years,” Josh explained.

“That’s cool. Honda and Yamaha are the best bikes in my opinion,” I said.

“Are you going to be at X Games?” Ky asked.

“Yep, are you?” He questioned and she nodded her head.

“Well your bikes ready,” I told him while standing up.

“Holy crap, you’re quick! I’ve never seen anyone fix a bike that quick!” Josh laughed.

“Well I’ve had a lot of practice,” I smiled.

“So how much do I owe you?” He asked me.

“Nothing, I like doing it,” I grinned.

“Are you sure?” Josh went on and I nodded my head. “Well thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.”

The three of us talked a little more until Josh went out to keep practicing.

“Thanks again,” Josh said before he rode toward the track. “Hopefully I’ll see you at X Games.”

“Oh you will, you’ll see me winning!” Kylee laughed as did I.

“And you’ll see me winning,” He smirked before riding off.

Well this has sure been an interesting day. My sister got invited to X Games and I met Josh Grant….I have such a cool life.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOT WOOT! I love this story, please comment guys!!!!

Kirstie...and Joshie and Ky too :D