Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

You Did It!

I let out a huge scream from excitement when I saw that number 33 cross the finish line…in first! I started jumping up and down and I turned to my sister…who wasn’t even watching! and I started shaking her.

“Ok, Kirstie! I get it! He won! Stop shaking me!” Kylee shot at me.

“But he won!” I beamed. “Ah, we have to get down there. Come on!” I squealed as I grabbed her hand and quickly made my way down to where Josh was surrounded by his team.

”JOSH YOU DID IT!” I screamed once I got near him.

He was sitting on his bike with the biggest smile on his face. When my voice rang out his head turned toward me and he immediately opened his arms. I ran into them and we shared a giant hug.

“You did so good!” I said, squeezing him a little tighter.

“This is your win too. I’ve never had a bike feel that good,” Josh told me once we parted.

“Well that bike needs an amazing rider on it,” I grinned.

“Hop on,” He smiled while scooting forward.

I jumped on the back and loosely put my arms around his waist as he rode toward the podium. He got up to thank all his sponsors and all those people but he kept smiling at me the entire time. I was so happy for him, Josh was completely beaming.

When he was done with that we got back on his bike and he just rode around a little before going back to the trailer. My family was waiting there and the team was all just walking around there.

“Kirstie, I hate to leave, but I have to get going. I have Tanner’s car and I know he’s dying to get it back,” Kylee said to me once Josh and I dismounted his bike.

“Oooo, Tanner’s car,” I teased.

“He offered!” She threw back.

Oooo, he offered,” Josh spoke up, making me giggle.

“You have him in on it too?” Kylee said as she brought her hands up to her waist then glared at both of us.

“Of course,” I smiled at her while a few giggles escaped me.

“You know I have so many comments about you being on the back of his bike, but I’m the nice sister so I’m going to keep them to myself,” Ky taunted.

“You can leave now,” I joked while placing my hands in front of my chest.

“Love you too,” She called out as she walked in the opposite direction.

“Love you Ky,” I smiled. “Almost as much as Tanner loves you,” I choked out through laughs.

“Kirsten,” My dad sternly said but his face eventually broke into a smile. “You need to be nice okay. Give her a break on Tanner.”

“Fine,” I sighed as Josh and I walked into the hauler.

”I can’t believe I won!” He shouted once we got in there and had closed the door.

”I know!” I squealed.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to be all loud and stuff but I was dying to say that,” Josh chuckled.

“I’m like that all the time, I don’t care,” I laughed along with him.

We talked about the race for a while until my parents came in and said they were leaving. I gave them a hug then turned my attention back to Josh and my conversation that spanned the entire evening.

“I wonder if I called Kylee if she would answer?” I asked to no one in particular.

“Most likely not. By this time I’m sure her and Tanner and making out,” Josh said as he started making kissing noises, causing me to laugh.

“I’m going to try her,” I said as I dialed the number. “Something was up with her today and I think it had to do with Tanner.”

“What do you want now?” Kylee asked with a laugh in her voice.

“I want you to tell me what’s up,” I demanded.

“Nothing is up!” She defended.

“Yes there is! And if you won’t tell me I’ll have to hide in your closet and bug you every day!” I said making her giggle.

“You are so weird,” She told me. “But okay, I’ll tell you. This is sister to sister though.”

”TELL ME!” I squealed.

“Okay,” she said, taking a deep breath. “Tanner and I kissed…”

Um….what?
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah i'm kind of predictably hyper and odd. hey, i'm ADHD, blame that!

KJhaha that's my initials! and JG

i realized that when ky and i first started writing this that Kirstie's initials in the story were KJ and my initials are KJ and i said, we got the magic in us! sorry just had to point that out :D