Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

Is It Safe?

“Kylee!” Kirstie came bursting through my door.

Urg! I was just getting ready to leave too!Tanner was drawing me to him. We had some Rally cars to test for next season. He said he wants toshow off get in his drift car for a little bit too. The guy can drive anything so I was more than happy to go… But Kirstieruined delayed that.

“What?” I asked, putting my car keys down to go to the source of her voice.

“Look what was on my front door this morning!” she groaned while holding a piece of paper out to me… with Tanner’s hand writing on it. YES! Oh, how that boy makes me smile.

“What is it?” I asked, squinting at it.

“Read it!” she said, shoving it in my face.

I already knew what it said. But I glanced over it to make it look like I read it. As I read, she went over and plopped down on the couch. I took this time to text Tanner and told him he should stop by to see our little plan unfold.

“You should go,” I told her as I walked back into the living room.

“I’m not going to a beach just because this random note told me so! I have to be there in like two hours any way!” she complained.

“Well, go upstairs and get changed. Take my clothes. Wear something nice,” I teased while trying to tug on her arm.

“No!” she tried to resist… and she did.

I looked down at her with my hands on my hips. How is this going to work? Just when I thought I should give up, the doorbell rang. Only one person ever rings the doorbell. I opened the door with a grin, expecting the person that was there.

“Hey, baby,” he smiled before leaving a soft kiss on my cheek.

“I’m so excited for today,” I squealed as I shut the door.

“Shhh, she’ll hear you,” he chuckled out while putting his arm around me and walking into the living room where Kirstie was pouting.

“Come on. I’ll help you get ready,” I said, standing in front of her.

“No,” she replied like she was two years old.

I shot a look at her before I slowly turned my gaze to Tanner. I nodded my head towards her and started up the stairs to my room. Once I was half way up, I heard Kirstie yelling for Tanner to put her down. I just smiled and waited in my room for him to bring her in. After he put her down, I shut the door and pulled a chair in front of it.

“Tanner, you can sit here,” I smiled while patting the cushion.

He smiled at me before planting himself in the chair. Kirstie just pouted more and sat down on my bed. I ignored her and went right into my closet… lets see… what to have Kirstie wear? What to have Kirstie wear? I pulled out a skirt and a nice top. She’ll wear it and like it!

“Go put this on,” I told her while holding it out to her.

“I’m not wearing a skirt!” she groaned.

“Just put it on,” I countered, losing patience with her.

“I’m wearing jeans!” she shouted before going into the bathroom.

I let out a frustrated sigh before I collapsed onto my bed. I heard Tanner get up and go into my closet. I didn’t think anything of it. But when he came out, he had something in his hands. I looked at him oddly as he climbed onto the bed, hovering over me.

“What do you have?” I asked while trying to see what he had.

“Nothing,” he said innocently. I just rolled my eyes and snatched it from him.

“I’m pretty sure this isn’t your size,” I teased once is saw it was a denim skirt.

“It’s for your sister. She wants to wear jeans and you want her to wear a skirt… jean skit,” he smiled.

I had a laugh. An added benefit of dating a nerdy boy, he can always solve problems. I smiled before he bent down to leave a soft kiss on my lips. But just before we parted, Kirstie came out.

“First you’re pushing me to go somewhere and now you make out with your boyfriend right in front of me,” she groaned once I slowly parted from Tanner.

I looked over at her and saw that she was still in her jeans. I resisted my urges to roll my eyes.

“Here, Tanner picked these out for you,” I smirked before tossing the skirt to her.

She caught itshockingly and sent me a look. I just smiled.

“Tanner… I did like you at one point and time,” she mumbled before going back into the bathroom.

He chuckled the cutest little laugh out that made me smile and kiss his cheek. But no lip kisses. Nu uh. I have hair and makeup to do. Once Kirstie opened the door, I pushed us back in and got her onto the counter some how. The whole time I was trying to do my thing, she kept going into a nervous ramble.

“Kirstie, you’ll be fine. Trust me,” I finally snapped after I finished… and she was still going on.

“But…”

“Do you trust me?” I asked, grabbing her shoulders to force her to look at me.

“Well, yeah, but…”

“Tanner!” I shouted, cutting her off.

“Is it safe?” he asked, only opening only enough to let one eye show… it was still gorgeous.

“Yeah, baby, come here,” I smiled while holding my arm out for him.

He smiled before stepping inside. Once his eyes laid on Kirstie, he stopped short. YES!

“Wow,” he said with his eyes wide. I did my job!

“Tanner, don’t look at me that way. It’s creepy!” she complained.

“He’s giving you a compliment, Kirstie. Say thanks,” I told her.

She just glared at me as she crossed her arms. Why is she so difficult?

“So… can I trust you to drive yourself there?” I teased.

“Why do you want me to go so badly?” she shot at me.

“Because…” I replied. But she just glared at me more. “I bet… he’s cute,” I added.

“He’s probably standing me up. Who writes notes anymore,” she rambled on as she walked out of my room.

I looked at Tanner and saw him looking back at me. This made both of us crack up. Oh X Games driver’s meetings. Who would have thought it would spiral into this adorable relationship Tanner and I have. Once our laughter died down, he picked me up into his arms, making me giggle as I clung to his middle.

“How about we get out of here? You, me… and our Rally cars?” he asked lowly into my ear, making goose bumps appear all over my skin.

“That sounds lovely,” I smiled before kissing his lips quickly.

After we parted, we shared a smile before he carried me down to his car. I know I was going to have a fun night with my man… and I bet Kirstie was going to have a fun night with her future man. Everyone’s having a fun tonight!
♠ ♠ ♠
Just an FYI so everyone knows because Kirstie seemed shocked when I told her earlier... I still love my Po-ttery! lol He's on the Daily Habit right now and he's looking fiiiiine haha :D

Ky & Tanner

comment?