Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

That Makes It Even Worse!

I was kind of bummed today. Tanner was off doing his drifting thing. Obviously, I’m not a drifter, so I didn’t go. I wish I would have though. I have nothing to do now. Since I haven’t seen my parents and I’m still in the state, I figured I’d give them a visit…and nose around about how Kirstie’s little date went last night.

When I got there, I figured Kirstie would be out with Josh and working on his dirt bike… but her truck was here. Hm… Whatever. I walked in and found my parents in the living room. They sent me smiles as I came over and plopped down on the couch.

“Hey, Ky,” my dad said with a smile along with my mom.

“Hey… is Kirstie here?” I asked, unable to push the thought of her truck here out of my mind.

“She’s in her room. She’s been there since last night. Maybe you should go check on her. I even asked her to go to the track today and she didn’t want to. Maybe you could cheer her up,” my mom said in a caring motherly way.

I nodded my head and climbed the stairs up to her room. I knocked on the door, but she told me to go away. Nu uh… You’re the younger sister. I tell you to go away! I opened the door to find her lying on her bed with her face pressed into a pillow.

“Kirstie… are you ok?” I asked, taking a step inside to shut the door.

“YOU!” she shouted at me while sitting up quickly to reveal tear-filled, red, puffy eyes. Um… uh oh. “You and your stupid boyfriend ruined my life last night,” she went on as more tears poured from her eyes.

“Whoa… pause, rewind. What are you talking?” I asked while going over to sit by her.

“You sat Josh and I up last night,” she whimpered.

“Yes, ok, fine… we did,” I confessed. It just made the look in her eyes worse.

“We kissed!” she shouted,making me think I was going to lose my hearing.

“So…” I said… and probably shouldn’t have.

“I’m his mechanic! Do you know how unprofessional that is? I can’t like him! I’ve told you this before and you still try and get us together,” she countered, anger filling her voice now.

“Wait… so you two kissed. Did he kiss back?” I asked.I think she’s over reacting way too much here.

“Yes! That makes it even worse! I can’t go back and work on his bike with him there now. It’s so wrong,” she complained.

“Kirstie,” I sighed while pinching the bridge of my nose.

“Just because you have a boyfriend, doesn’t mean I need one to be happy,” she said before going into her bathroom and slamming the door.

“Kirstie,” I shouted, trying to open the door, but she locked it.

Out of frustration I hit it. I think I… messed up as much as I hate to admit it. I sighed and plopped down on her bed. Words… words… I need word right now! Urg.

“Kirstie, I didn’t do it to try and get you a boyfriend,” I started, unsure of every syllable that left my mouth. “It’s just… I like Josh a lot, especially for you. And I wouldn’t have done anything unless I thought there was something there. And… I’m sorry if I upset you. But… I… messed up and… I’m sorry,” I got out, feeling my voice fade towards the end.

She didn’t say anything. I didn’t even hear anything from the other side of the door. Another big sigh came out of me before I went out and walked straight to my car, ignoring the protest from my parents.Apparently Kirstie yelled a little loudly.

I pealed out of the driveway, not caring if I left rubber on the concert or not. Without even thinking, I sped down the road and right to the track. My rally car from last season was here and it needed some carbon ran out of it… a lot of carbon.

Before I got out of my car, my phone went off. It was a message from Tanner. I didn’t want too, but I was too upset to talk to anyone right now… even him. I left my phone in the car and hurried to get my suit on. Once I was in my car, I brought it to life and took the to the course.

The funny thing about this course is that you can’t see it, but you can sure hear it. I could only image the looks on people’s faces as I sped around the corner. But that didn’t concern me today. I was on a mission to take all of my aggression out on my car.

I had been out here for, wow, I don’t even know. A half hour maybe? As I came around the last corner, preparing for a jump, I slammed on the breaks. Standing right at the base of the jump was… Tanner. What is he doing here? Once my organs went back into place from the tug of my seatbelt, I rested my head on the steering wheel.

“Turn it off,” he yelled over the sound of the idled engine.

I slowly did, but kept my head right where it was. I wasn’t ready to talk to anyone. I know it’s Tanner and I should probably talk to him if anyone, but… I couldn’t. I feel like I messed up so badly that nothing could fix it not… not even his adorable smile.

“Why are you driving when you’re so upset?” he asked after I brought my head back up.

“How do you know I’m upset?” I shot at him.

“You don’t drive that aggressive… unless I’m next to you,” he smirked while reaching in to unbuckled my helmet and take it off with a cute smile on his face. “What’s wrong, baby?” he asked while running his hand through my messy hair.

“Things with Kirstie and Josh didn’t go as planned last night. I feel bad… Kirsite yelled at me,” I sighed, finally bringing my eyes up to his gorgeous blue ones.

“Aw, you poor thing. Maybe if you put this thing away, I’ll help you fix it,” he smiled bigger than before… and it was yummy.

“Get in, I’ll take you back,” I smiled.

Before he went over, he left a soft kiss on my cheek. Leave it to Tanner to make me feel better about my crapy day. I’m glad he came though…and I didn’t run him over. I just hope Kirstie gets over the whole note writing thing. But right now, I don’t want to think about that. My Tanny said he would make everything better… and I believed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww... Tanner :) *sighs* haha

Ky

comment?