Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

I Didn’t Appreciate That

”GO KYLEE!” I screamed so loudly as I jumped up and down cheering for my sister as she was drifting up a storm.

“Kirstie,” Josh chuckled while shaking his head. “Calm down a little, baby. I’m afraid you’re going to explode.”

“I’m sorry, I’m just excited. Ky’s doing so well,” I beamed as I kept my eyes intently watching my sisters car. I may hate that she’s going to be gone pretty much all year but….she’s still my sister, she’ll always be my sister and I’ll always love her.

We watched the rest of the event in suspense. Guess who won though….MY SISTER! OH YEAH! You probably would have thought I won the event with how much I was smiling.

Her icky boyfriend came in second though. I still am upset at Tanner, I really don’t like what he said to me or how he said it for that matter. If Ky wants to date him, that’s her choice, it’s not my place to tell her who she should or shouldn’t date but I still don’t like him.

”AAAHHHH!” I squealed as Kylee came walking over to us all smiles.

”I WON!” She excitedly said.

“I KNOW!” I replied as I ran over to her and tackled her in a huge hug….literally.

We both fell to the ground and started laughing hysterically. Once they had died down to giggles Josh walked over to us and put his hand out for me then helped me up. He next put it out for Kylee….

“Ew! I’m not touching your greasy hand,” She said while wrinkling up her nose.

“Fine, don’t take my help then,” Josh said while pointing his nose up in the air and pretending to be offended.

“I won’t,” she smirked.

Tanner came over and they started making out. I just rolled my eyes as Josh put an arm around my shoulders.

“Break it up,” Josh groaned.

“Oh don’t think I didn’t see you two swapping spit earlier,” Ky shot back. “Josh you’re such a jerk.”

“Why is my Joshie a jerk?” I asked her while wrapping my arms around him.

“Because he kisses you and gets all his ewie germs on you!” Kylee giggled. “I love my little sister but now she’s all infected with JG germs.”

“I like JG germs, they’re yummy,” I smiled while pressing our lips together.

“Well I like Tanner germs,” She countered.

Tanner and I made eye contact a moment later. It was a bit awkward but I held his gaze for a moment, I wanted him to know I still wasn’t happy with him.

“I have a present for you,” I said while tugging on my sisters hand.

“A present?” She questioned.

“Yeah, here,” I replied while handing her the bag.

She reached in and pulled out the Barbie doll and let out a loud laugh.

“I forgot about your little ‘Ken and Barbie’ analogy,” she giggled.

“Well now you can remember it,” I told her.

“You know Kylee, it reminds me so much of you because she’s always really confident….and she walks funny,” Josh snickered.

”YOU RUN WEIRDLY!” Kylee shot back.

This sent the two of them into a little war of who could think up the best mean stuff about each other. It really wasn’t mean, they were just teasing. I found it pretty entertaining but Tanner’s obnoxious voice said my name.

“Kirstie are you still upset at me?” He asked.

“Yep,” I replied.

“Why?” He questioned, extremely annoyed.

“Because I really didn’t appreciate what you said to me. I thought it was jerky,” I told him.

“Well you were being selfish!” He shot back.

“You know what Tanner, I was being selfish, I own that. I didn’t want Kylee to be gone all the time. But what I didn’t like is that you never once thought about how this might affect me, you never thought about how I might feel.”

“Well I’m not sorry for what I said,” Tanner coldly replied while crossing his arms.

“Whatever, Tanner,” I groaned before looking back over at Josh and Kylee who were both listening to our conversation. I walked back over into the protection of Josh’s arms and he held me tightly.

“Tanner,” Josh spoke up while still holding me. “I don’t like the way you treated Kirstie and I’d like it if you’d leave her alone.”

“Fine dude, I’m just done right now,” Tanner grumpily said before walking off.

“I think he’s just in a bad mood. I should go talk to him,” Kylee sighed before chasing after him.

“Thanks for standing up for me,” I said into Josh’s chest as we held each other.

“Of course. Why wouldn’t I?” He cutely said.

“A lot of guys wouldn’t, and it was really sweet,” I told him.

“Do I get some kisses out of this?” Josh asked with a small smile creeping across his face.

“Yes, lots and lots of kisses,” I smiled.

We walked into Kylee’s little team tent thing where no one was and I sat on Josh’s lap before we started sharing lots of sweet little kisses. No one has a better boyfriend than this girl right here.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so ready for it to be christmas! i wish it was tomorrow! i love christmas and i'm in the christmas mood so early this year!

Josh and Kirstie

Comments please?