Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

I'm Beating That Guy

I woke up on the morning of my first drifting event… slightly nervous. I was even in Tanner’s arms. It’s crazy to think that he’s going to be my enemy the second we get to the track. We haven’t gone against each other since X Games. That seems so long ago now.

“You excited?” he asked me as I rolled over.

“I’m... nervous,” I sighed.

“Don’t be. You’re going to do amazing… but not as amazing as me,” he smirked, making me roll my eyes.

“You’re going to get your sexy butt handed to you, Foust,” I teased while climbing on top of him, holding his hands over his head.

“I think you are, Jacobson,” he smirked in the sexiest way.

“It’s so hard to look at you as my competition when you’re just lying here all sexy,” I groaned while bringing my head down to rest on his chest.

“How do you think I feel?” he countered with his hands coming to rest on my back.

I just smiled and kissed his bare chest. We laid here for the remainder of the morning, only getting up to get room service for breakfast. As both of us started to get around, our familiar rivalry started surfacing. But if either of us got a little too mean, the other one would just shower that one in kisses. It liked it.

But then we went to the track…

Our game faces were on. Once I pushed that Monster hat on my head, Tanner Foust was no longer my boyfriend… He was the Rockstar driver that I needed to take down… But we shared a kiss before we parted for our pits. His was right across from mine so I could steal glances at him all day long.

After I had been at my pit for a while, people started coming up, not believing Kylee Jacobson, the rally driver, was here. I just smiled about it and signed their things and took pictures. I just hope I can make my fans proud.

As I was looking over my Mustang that I barely have any seat time in, my mechanic, Randy, came over. He didn’t say anything. He just put his hand on my shoulder and nodded his head towards something. When I looked over, my family was there…plus Josh, minus Kirstie.

“Ah, you guys came!” I smiled while going over to hug my parents. “Where’s Kirstie?” I asked after we parted, looking at Josh.

“I couldn’t get her to come,” he shrugged.

“Oh,” I pushed out while dropping my eyes to the ground.

I really wanted her here. I knew she was probably busy, but… Josh is here. What could she possibly be busy with? My parents went on to ask about this new thing to them known as drifting. I just laughed at how clueless they were and filled them in. I still wish Kirstie was here to hear all of this.

“Ky, you might want to come check this out,” Randy called out to me. I looked at him oddly and then walked over. “Does your seat feel alright?” he asked.

“Yeah… It’s never bothered me before,” I replied, looking at him oddly.

“Why don’t you… try it,” he countered.

I still looked at him funny, but did what he told me. He’s my mechanic. Ishould trust him. But once I climbed in, I let out a loud squeal. Sitting crouched down in the passenger seat was… KIRSTIE!

“I’m so glad you came!” I smiled, trying to hug her as tightly as I could with the given space situation.

“Ky, I’m not sure what that is, but this is like poking me to death,” she said as we hugged, pointing to my E-brake.

I laughed as I let go of her and we climbed out of the car. Once she came over to me, I pulled her in for another hug.

“I’m so happy that you’re here!” I couldn’t help but push out again.

“Well, you better win then… and beat that… guy,” she replied, nodding over to Tanner’s Rockstar pit.

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. I don’t know what to do about this. I know Tanner was only trying to help. Sometimes trying to help isn’t the best thing to do. I’m not completely sure what exactly went down, but… obviously it didn’t turn out to well. But one thing’s for sure…

“Has Tanner Foust ever beat this chick?” I asked with mycocky smile coming through.

Kirstie’s big bright smile came over her before she hugged me one last time. Once we parted, she went over and stayed under her Joshie’s arm. I went over, wanting to tease them so badly, but I got called to my car to go qualify. I groaned before stomping over to shove my helmet over my head and pull my gloves on.

As I started driving away, my family… and Josh, started cheering already… and it’s only qualifying! It made me smile as I got in line, ready to kick butt!

I wanted to go against Tanner, but qualifying was individual runs. I ended up making it into the top thirty-two, which is what my team wanted. Hopefully as the day goes on, I’ll get matched up with Tanner and knock him out. But since he was the top qualifier and I was third, that might have to wait. I’m keeping my promise to Kirstie though… I’m beating… that guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
You know what's better than 33? 34! I wonder what sexy guy has that number.... haha :D

Ky

comment?